• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Champions: Steven or Wallace?

Steven or Wallace ?

• Steven

Votes: 110 84.0%
  • Wallace

Votes: 21 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Wallace is a gay. So is Steven, but Steven isn't all in your face about his homosexuality. So I pick
    Steven.

Years
    I didn't really like that they promoted Wallace from a Gym Leader to Champion, especially considering he was only a Water-type leader. Steven was a lot more difficult to beat with his Steel Pokemon, and I felt that he was just a better Champion overall.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
    Steven Stone, definitely. Wallace is cool and all that (especially in the manga), but Steven is just epic. And he doesn't even have to do anything to be epic, he just is. The suit says it all, baby.

But seriously, I don't hate Wallace like others do. I actually thought he was quite fitting as champion of the "region of water", as I call it. But Steven just made for a better surprise ending/epic battle.

Years
    I never had Emerald so I never had the chance to see Wallace as a champion, and only recently realized the change. So, I personally think it's weird to see Wallace as the champion and prefer Steven.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    ^ I kinda agree. Steven doesn't strike me as the type to be so "honor and glory" status. He seems more like that hidden/underground type that ends up being perfectly strong.
    Wallace, on the other hand, seems completely cocky and has that "glamorous" feature, that makes him look like a perfect selection for a champion.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I've battled both champions, and I definitely preferred Wallace's battle. I can see why Steven's winning the poll, though. I think in general Steel-types are considered cooler than Water-types :P

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
    I actually forgot Steven was the champ in R/S, Wallace is just randomly introduced, unlike other champions who actually interact with you during the story (usually). So I'm not so fond of him.

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Steven, he will always be the real Hoenn champion :)

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I'm going for Steven. Simply because Wallace wasn't that much of a champion, I mean majority of his Poke's are water type, he seems much more of an Elite Four to me. :'x

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
    Years
    As far as the actual battle and challenge goes, Steven is the obvious choice. I mean, he uses many different types on his team, despite having a preference for Steel types. It takes a truly well-crafted team to take him down. Wallace, on the other hand, is just a typical Water trainer. I never really understood the reasoning for making him champion in Emerald.

Either way, Steven is still the true champion of Hoenn. Its just like the second generation. The "champion" you go against after the Elite Four has the personality of one, but the true master lies far ahead with a team so leveled up and diverse that no ordinary player can beat him. For this reason, I have never seen Lance as a champion, but only a poser meant to make the player want more and eventually get more (Red), just like in the first generation. The same goes for Wallace in Emerald; his title means nothing after you go to Meteor Falls and find Steven, ready to fight you in a truly pressing battle.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    There is no doubt that Wallace's Milotic is very hard to defeat! But Steven's Claydol and Metagross, if you don't have any counter, is pretty invincible. That's why I like Steven more. and his diversity is really good.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Wallace suits champion, if hes not then Juan has no place in Hoenn which isn't right cause Juan feels like a part of Hoenn now, Steven is better off at Meteor Falls.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Wallace. Wallace, Wallace, Wallace. Okay, I'll stop repeating, but why? Honestly, Steven has better Pokémon, style, visits & helps us many times in the game, etc. But why do I like Wallace? For me, he is the best Gym Leader, Champion and idiot. Regardless, I have nothing to say about Steven.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I've played Emerald, and never Ruby or Sapphire, so I never faced Steven as Champion. I did beat him eventually at Meteor Falls, though (Rayquaza with Fire Blast wahaha). Still, I like him better than Wallace. Wallace has flair that Steven doesn't, but I don't think panache is a necessary quality for Champions. Steven, in my opinion, radiates that quiet, solid confidence that I associate with Champions - and the Steel-type. He fits with his type choice, seeming solid and unmoving much like his Pokemon. Wallace doesn't fit that as well; it's not in water's nature to be flamboyant and flashy, although it can be from time to time. In terms of fitting in with your type choice, Crasher Wake would have made a better Water-type Champion.

I should also mention that I am heavily biased towards Steven because he is heavily featured in several of my fanfics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back