• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn Grand Festival ✮RESULTS✮ OOC/SU Thread

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years

Maria Consolacion "Solace" Vivides Sarini

Entry for the Hoenn Grand Festival ✮
    Solace was born in Floaroma Town, Sinnoh with a Kalosian descent from her parents. All her life, she wanted to travel the world, see the beauty in every place she visits, see the colors and diversity of every culture she comes across with, and find the meaning to her life. When she was 7, she befriended a cute little Oddish that wound up in the meadows, when she was taking a walk. That little Oddish and her were so connected, that by the time that she was 10, Solace chose her to be it's partner. She went and travelled Sinnoh, like it was her toy, and there, she discovered Contests. She tried to win atleast some ribbons to get her into the festival but alas, she didn't qualify. After her failed Sinnoh attempt, she did not stop there. She decided to travel the world with her Oddish, which was now a kawaii Bellossom! She went to places like Johto, Kalos, and even Unova! Then, she discovered Hoenn, and with just enough ribbons, here they are in the Hoenn Grand Festival.

Team Solace, Assemble!

Hoenn Grand Festival  ✮RESULTS✮ OOC/SU Thread

Here is the lineup of Team Solace!

Bellossom
    Chlorophyll
    Petal Dance, Sunny Day, Dazzling Gleam, Attract

Braixen
    Magician
    Flamethrower, Psyshock, Solar Beam, Will-O-Wisp

Milotic
    Marvel Scale
    Ice Beam, Rain Dance, Aqua Ring, Scald​

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
    Name: Black Borklesh

Short Biography: Black lives in New Bark Town and he lost his parents at 13 he is now trying to find the person responsible for it but he has decided that contests are fun and is trying one

Pokemon Species: Ditto
    Moves: Transform

Pokemon Species: Honedge
    Moves: Cut
    shadow claw
    protect
    Fury cutter

Pokemon Species: Zorou (Shadow)
    Ability: Illusion
    Moves: Bite
    slash
    hone claws
    shadow claw

anyone want to be my rival?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    The IC Thread is up!

Please note the following:
    - Appeals begin on the 8th. Any appeals posts before the update on that day will not receive the points - remember you can still do plenty else! Have a look at the map - you can also train or battle.
    - Posts must be at least 100 words. Use a wordcount website or Microsoft word if you're unsure.
    - Sign-ups are ongoing!! You can still join.

Etherion

my first RP here at PC~
    really excited for this!

Khawill

<3
    Years
    Character Name: Marquis Rowith
    Short Biography: Marquis is from Fortree City. He is 18 years old, and has been travelling since he was 13. The first three years of his journey, he traveled with his older sister, learning the region and Pokemon. Although he traveled, he did not participate in many battles, and mostly cheered his sister on during hers. After he split up with his sister, Marquis spent a year catching and training his favorite pokemon. After he felt he was ready, he began to take on both gyms and contests (following in his sister's footsteps). So far, he has 5 badges, and has won a few contests on his own.

Pokémon Species: Zangoose
    Ability: Toxic Boost
    Moves: Facade
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat

Pokémon Species: Liepard
    Ability: Prankster
    Moves: Foul Play
    Swagger
    Substitute
    Thunderwave

Pokémon Species: TalonFlame
    Ability: Gale Wings
    Moves: Flare Blitz
    Acrobatics
    Swords Dance
    Roost

Done

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Some slight clarifications:

- If your battle covers multiple posts you will only get the 5 points for one of them - the others will score as 'normal' posts.
    - If you want to write your battle post (or any post for that matter) as a joint post (2+) I expect both writers to be credited at the top/bottom of the post and a higher word count of 100 words each (2 people = 200 words).
    - I may not award battle points if I feel your battle is unrealisticly short or lacking any detail.

Keep up the good work!! :D I'll be joining the fray later on today/tomorrow :3.

Last edited:

kaomojisama

Prince of Emotion
    Years
    Is I missed out something or what?
    I mean as the description of the contest hall...

Site of the Grand Festival, your characters may have visited here before in previous contests. There is a small entrance hall, where players can sign in with reception staff, which then leads out to the arena, lined with enough seats for a 1,000 strong audience.
    where players can sign in with reception staff

So we register in the contest hall, right?
    Or can we register too in the pokemon center? As of ApocalypticAnarchist and Leijon did? ~_~

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Register at the hall, yes :) Although if people have already said something different we can just say both are right. You can register at either the contest hall or the pokemon center.

kaomojisama

Prince of Emotion
    Years
    Register at the hall, yes :) Although if people have already said something different we can just say both are right. You can register at either the contest hall or the pokemon center.
    Glad you made both right. ;)

But then, how about the staying in the pokemon center?
    When you can actually got key after registering in the Pokemon Center, how about who register in the contest hall? Show verification or something, maybe? D:

kaomojisama

Prince of Emotion
    Years
    I think most people are using the anime version of contests where you could sign up in most places. To be honest, I think we should keep it the the anime contest style. It is funner to watch and you can do a lot more things.
    I don't know if I miss some of the anime's episodes, but if I'm not mistaken, the anime version still need you sign up in the contest hall too... ~_~

But yes, agreed.
    The anime's one is better and yeah. :)

Ah yes, for your information, you can interact with Fleur if you want. Thanks.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    Oh my goodness, a purely CONTEST RP?! Must join~ <3

Character Name: Mauve Banzett

Short Biography: Having grown up from the heart of the Kalos region, Lumiose City, Mauve grew up with only his mother, Sevreen Banzett, a former Champion of the Cobntest Hall. Sevreen had taught Mauve everything she knew about Pokemon. Of course, seeing the beauty in her Pokemon, Mauve wanted to become a Top Coordinator like his mother. Mauve traveled throughout region after region, participating in any and all contests he can, sometimes making it to the Grand Festival, sometimes not. This year, with his partner Arbok, Venin at his side, and the loyalty of all his other Pokemon at his back, he was determined to rise to the top in the Hoenn Grand Festival.

Pokémon Species: Arbok (Venin)

Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Venoshock, Poison Fang, Glare, Haze

Pokémon Species: Dustox (Toxy)

Ability: Shield Dust
    Moves: Toxic, Silver Wind, Quiver Dance, Poison Sting

Pokémon Species: Hypno

Ability: Insomnia
    Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Hypnosis, Nightmare

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Haha, I should read more here in the OOC lol. Anywaaaaays, after my second post, my character will be free, so if anyone wants to interact with me, just holla ;)

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Character Name— Melisande Blythe
    Short Biography—
    In her earlier, much younger days and despite living in a place, namely Castelia City, where Pokémon was most prevalent, Melisande—and her entire family in fact—had never had much of an exposure when it came to Pokémon; this was both partly due to how imposing and restrictive her parents were and partly because Melisande had never held much of an interest to begin with, let alone conduct some sort of an investigation of her own. Truth be told, they had kept her in the dark about most things, Pokémon included, and kept her isolated from the most outside world, apart from her own home. While their intentions were pure and good, Melisande felt that they had deprived her of something important—her freedom. The one instance where she had actually met a Pokémon was when she'd had taken a stroll outside—sneakily as to not alarm her parents— and visited the nearby Pokémon park, where a plethora of both Pokémon and trainers alike had dwelled fairly often. It came as a shock to her when she'd found out that such "animals"—as she had called Pokémon back then—were seemingly forced to battle one another. But further inspection led her to believe that it was merely a recreational activity of sorts—that it was friendly. And while this was so, to her, it still seemed like an inhumane thing to do. Needless to say, afterwards, long after the dust had settled, she had gotten into quite the trouble when her parents eventually confronted her about this sneaking around that she had done behind their backs.

That all changed, however, when she had met one Maya Aldaine. While her parents kept her in the dark and kept her isolated from the outside world for most of her childhood, when she'd came of age, she had decided to try and work things out for herself, and not just merely rely on her parents intuition and what they thought would be fitting and best. This pursuit and hunger for travel eventually led her to meet Maya. This had happened a long ways after Melisande had decided to become somewhat of a Pokémon coordinator. But somehow it was all still relevant as Maya herself was also a Pokémon coordinator, one of high caliber in fact. They had met at the final rounds of Sunnyshore City's Pokémon contest, sometime after Melisande had turned seventeen years of age. Seeing how innate and how easily Pokémon contests came to Maya had enflamed somewhat of a jealously inside of her. But as per usual and as it was in her nature, she had kept discreetly quiet about it. Needless to say, despite all of her efforts to win, it was Maya that had won the match—and quite comfortably too, much to her disappointment.

Abruptly after the match and after they had said their congratulations, Maya had quickly approached her and said that she had heartily enjoyed their match. Praise ensued afterwards and after some chatting, they had become friends. Melisande didn't know what it was, but there was this air about Maya that had somehow disarmed her usual distrust—a trait of her parents' that had somehow, by some unknown chance, rubbed off on her. Maybe it was her sincerity that had done her in; the answer was beyond her. But even so, she liked it. Finally, after some time of searching, she had found someone she could confide on—someone she could be open and honest to. Maya had changed her somehow. She was merely a shell of her former self. No longer was she cynical or distrustful of others either; in actuality it was more the polar opposite nowadays.

Travelling soon followed, and the two had grown ever the closer. Sometime after their meeting, they had forged somewhat of a "rivalry" if one could call it that; it was more of a "friendly competition," as Maya would refer to it. Often had they competed in Pokémon contests and often it was had they faced each other even before the final rounds. With every intention to compete in the Grand Festivals, they had soon bounced around various regions trying to do so. While often had Melisande placed a respectable third or fourth, she had never once won. The Grand Festivals were filled with exceptionally talented Pokémon coordinators after all. But even so, Melisande wanted to change her luck. She wanted to win this time. This determination of hers eventually led her into competing in the Hoenn region's Grand Festival for a second time. At twenty- four years old, she was undoubtedly older than most of those who had entered. Even so, she was determined to win this time, regardless of age; nothing was to stop her from pursuing that goal.​

Team

Azumarill—Female—Huge Power
    Moves: Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, Play Rough, Waterfall.

Dragonite—Male—Multiscale
    Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Iron Head, Aqua Tail.

Darmanitan—Male—Sheer Force
    Moves: Belly Drum, Flare Blitz, Stone Edge, Earthquake.

Last edited:
    Back