• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Gym Leaders

Who's your fave Hoenn Gym Leader?

• Total voters

Coffee

Banned
Years
  • Gonna have to choose Roxanne, mostly because of nostalgic reason.
    As a kid i never went further than her so she was the first real challenge for me. After that i felt accomplished and quit the game cause i wanted to keep that accomplishment. Yes, i was a weird kid back then.

Sirfetch’d

I love them all tbh but Winona is definitely my favorite! Her design is so elegant and my god she's wonderful. I love her, her gym, her team, just everything about her is fantastic. Flannery is a close second though as she is just badass haha

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    It's a tie between Flannery and Norman. I like the contrast between Flannery's casual outfit and her wild 'do, and Norman proves that normal-type pokemon can smack you around pretty danged well if they feel like it.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I like Roxanne and Wattson the most! I don't think I have an actual reason as to why I like Roxanne, I just saw her for the first time playing Pokemon Emerald and I've liked her since, haha. Wattson is a fun gym leader and he's also really tough as well, which is why I like him :)

The Red X

Legendary Tamer
    Years
  • Favourite Gym Leader?

Whats your favourite gym leader?Like mine is either Brock,Wattson and Falkner..So comment and enjoy..

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Winona was my only favorite Hoenn Gym Leader, then Flannery shared that place with her. While Brawly from the anime was definitely an eye candy. ^_^ I actually liked Norman too.

Roxanne, finally, was promoted as one of my favorite Hoenn Gym Leaders when the Hoenn remakes were officially confirmed! {XD}

Years
  • Hoenn Gym Leaders

Winona is definitely my favourite, just ahead of Flannery. It's not just her design that blows me away, it's also her personality; I like how and what she says before and after you battle her. She's so elegant ♥

Years
  • I used to be weirdly obsessed with Wallace when I was younger. Fan-girl maybe? :P
    Now... not so much. His outfit in ORAS is awful.

Anyway I liked most of the gym leaders :) I found Norman extremely difficult to beat and would always dread battling him. Some were more boring and forgettable than others. Liza & Tate were a bit bothersome and Brawly was overrated.
    Wallace was and is probably still my favourite Hoenn gym leader as he's the most unusual and interesting.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Flannery.

I'm not particularly a fan of Fire types, but Flannery has some hilarious expressions in ORAS! She's so insane, you can't help but love her!

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • Roxanne wasn't easy to beat when you started with Torchic. And definitely if you forgot to learn him 'Double kick' when he evolved into Combusken... she's not the most difficult though, I had more trouble with the Psychic twins who had so many type advantages over my team (used Poison types, Fight types, Fire types etc) while Winona must've been the easiest. I don't have any favourite, never liked Hoenn that much.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Wallace stood out the most to me. He has this... flare about him and I thought he sparkled. He was fabulous. xD My fav Gym Leader would have to be him.

I did have trouble battling against Norman and Tate & Liza! I struggled a bit with Wallace but that's it!

My least favorite? Nothing, I'm pretty neutral to the other Gym Leaders! :3

Back