• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
  • Woow fatlity really ? you choosed torchic and it was shiny ? huh ??? I don't believe it.

I just finished fire red again ! and its 13th time of me now.

Woow fatlity really ? you choosed torchic and it was shiny ? huh ??? I don't believe it.

I just finished fire red again ! and its 13th time of me now.

Years
  • Sapphire and my adventures in 3rd grade

So when i was in the 3rd grade i got Sapphire, my first pokemon game, and I discovered the ultimate pokemon. It was my spirit pokemon. It was also my favorite type (Grass)! This pokemon was shroomish.
    That monobrow, the short plump figure, the always frowning upside down v, the lumps it has, the odd circles for legs. It was funny and absorbed the crap out of my foes! When it got to level 23 i was shocked it started to evolve! I did not let it. about 15 times later me trying to evolve it i finally find an item named an everstone! i gave it to shroomish, and all was well. I beat the elite 4 with my level 65 shroomish and i trained it to become a level 100 shroomish. So yes, I do infact have a level 100 shroomish

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
    Years
  • Hey, guys, I have recently started my journey through 5 different games to complete the 3rd gen pokedex. I started in the game that got me interested into pokemon, Emerald. I will be catching everything I can in Emerald, and won't be catching things such as Zangoose, Lunatone, Meditite, and Surskit. Other things I won't be catching are things I can only get one of the two of; such as Huntail and Gorebyss, Latios and Latias etc...

I started my journey with mudkip, switching it up from the usual Treecko. and killed may. I then got the pokedex and some pokeballs, which are vital to the goal of this particular journey. I then went and caught a Poochyena, and decided that I would add this nice looking dog to the actual team, and not something I use as a means to complete the pokedex. I would like to do this, but since there are 200 pokemon in the hoenn pokedex, and only 6 slots in my party, I realized that the majority of the pokemon I catch would have to exist in only a box in my computer. After I caught a poochyena, I trained him up to a high level for the area's standards, and caught some more pokemon. I caught two wurmple, a lotad, wingull, and a ralts. I did see a seedot, which has a 1% of finding it, but alas, a tackle from the pooch killed it because of a critical hit. After I did the tutorial things with wally, I went onto the route with Mr. Briny's cottage. I then saw a tailow and a marill, both are valuable pokemon, but I gave them up to the box to be trained at a later date. after defeating the two trainers on the route, I progressed to the forest, which has two new pokemon, Shroomish and Slakoth, both of which I caught with ease. I then headed to Rusboro city, and immediately headed east for the route which has 1,000,000 trainers. I caught a nincada, whismur, and I think I caught an abra, but the Gameboy might have died before I got the chance to save. But that is where I ended my journey.

tl;dr Caught alotta pokemon, and got to the route east of rusboro

Team:

Mudkip
    level 10

Tackle
    Growl
    Mud Slap
    Water Gun

Poochyena
    Level 10

Tackle
    Howl
    Sand Attack

Pokedex - A whole lotta stuff/186

Years
  • Elite four finally beaten! My team

manectric.gif
    sharpedo.gif
    aggron.gif
    absol.gif
    tropius.gif
    altaria.gif

Out of all games I've played, this is probably my favorite team. Unfortunately I sort of just blew through the game cos I played through Hoenn sooo many times, and the main mission in this run is to get all the valuable items with Master ball being on the top of the list so I can clone all of it, plus Pokemon.

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the game and will definitely continue playing it every now and then.

I also had a lot of luck playing through the game. Basically, Jolteon is the only high leveled Pokemon (around 60) With Sharpedo (50) and Aggron (48) following it. The rest were underleveled but important anyway.

Sharpedo was amazing, it sweeped most of the Elite four. The Dark, Ghost and Dragon elite four members were mostly sweeped by him. Ice and Champion were literally OHKO-ed by manectric. Without just one of them I'd had no chance. Anyway, I just wanted to write a summary of my Elite Four adventure.

Love this team, this region, and this game (Emerald).

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • Currently, I'm playing Pokémon Emerald. Although I reached the end of Victory Road, I began to get sick of level grinding my main squad in preparation for the Elite 4.

Instead, I have been filling up my Pokedex. So far, I have encountered 167 species, and I have full data on 139 of them, with Wailord being my latest capture. I've been working on obtaining whatever Pokemon I can for a while now; I've already traded over the two starters I didn't pick, any species that cannot be found in the wild in Emerald (like Roselia or Meditite), and anything else that I can't get for whatever reason,including a Clamperl holding a Deepseascale. Also, since my internal battery has died, I had to trade over a spare Snorunt from my Sapphire.

Thankfully, I have two link cables between my boyfriend and I, so I'll try to obtain the rest of the trade-induced evolutions when I see him tomorrow. I think that would be Golem, Alakazam and Kingdra by now?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    So, I'll move it to here as I'm kinda describing more of what's happening in my playthrough instead of talking about me team. So, what I did today:

I managed to do the Peeko event. I also caught a lovely Male Nincada in the Great Ball that you are given! I named it Radiance for no apparent reason. (name sux right) My Treecko was pretty close to evolving too. I put it in the lead for a while, and kinda grinded in the grass just before Rusturf Tunnel. I did evolve it! I now have a Level 16 Grovyle called "Columbus". Pretty cool name, huh? It's what I called my Tepig in White 2. Don't ask why :P

I quickly go through the woods and onto the ship! Once I get to Dewford, I hit the sailor there and he gives me a sweet nifty Old Rod. What, to catch Magikarps? Heh. I head to Granite Cave and get that Rock Smash TM or whatever. First encounter is a freaking Abra. I catch it suprisingly, and like a derp... I forgot to give it a nickname. fffff

So, then I remember I forgot to get Cut from the master in Rustboro. Nevermind, I'll get it later. It's not so useful right now, RIGHT? I teach Flash to Abra, and I proceed to the lower levels. I pretty much encountered every Pokémon except Sableye, which really sucked. I also caught an Aron and called it "doofus" for no reason. Just a slot filler for now, I guess. hehe

And I saved just in front of Steven. Tomorrow I'll play a little more and I'll repeat what I did onto here ^_^

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • After completing Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and two different Firered's (one using Squirtle, one using Charmander) the only thing remaining to do was add the Pokemon exlusive to Leafgreen to the Pokedex of said games and get my Bulbasaur. And this is where that starts.
    Met Oak and got my male Bulbasaur, named him Bulba for now. Fought Gary for the first time, and lost. Maybe next time? :)
    Went out to Viridian City to find Oak had a parcel that needed a carrier.
    Took the parcel back to Oak and instead got a Pokedex in return! As well as a few Pokeballs.Hearing Gary's sister had a map, went to check it out, and sure enough dispite what he had hoped -she gladly gave it to us :D
    Caught a Male Pidgey and named him Owlicious after Twilight Sparkle's pet Owl from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic :P
    Fought Gary again, and also like last time lost. Next time will be different ;)
    Went through the forest and got a bit of training it. Arrived in Pewter City, and fought Brock after checking out the city. Beat him pretty easy with Bulba at my side. First badge obtained!
    Went through MT Moon fighting off Rocket Grunt's. Got a Moon stone and even got a Fossil to eventually turn into an Omanyte :D
    Finally got out of the cave and caught the first female Nidoran I found. Named her Trixie after Trixie Lulamoon from MLP again :P Another refrence, but this one was planed.
    Moving along quickly, arrived in Misty's hometown and went right to her Gym after visitng the town. Bulba took the Gym trainers and the great Misty down due to the type adantage. Yay for Bulba :D
    Second badge obtained! However, with low-HP Pokemon we ran right into Gary and got beaten again. But this time with a second chance and fully restored Pokemon, we whiped the floor with him this time around! :D Finally!
    Caught one female and two male Bellsprout to evolve for Pokedex.
    Battled some traines with one turning out to be a Rocket Grunt.
    Went to the Sea Cottage and Met Bill. Helped him return from being stuck as a Pokemon and got the S.S. Ticket from him as a thank-you! :D
    Went back to the home Team Rocket trashed and fought off the Grunts. Got the TM for Dig as a reward in a way :P
    Traveled the next routes to Virmilion City. Got the Vs Seeker form a kind lady in the Pokecen! Also got our first fishing rod the Old Rod from a fisherman. After visiting the Pokemon fan club, the owner gave us a bike voucher. Yay!
    Borded the S.S. Anne and got plenty of good training on the ride. Of course, Gary was there to battle again. After beating his ever-growing team, went to help the sick Captain. For helping him feel better, we were given Cut!
    Exited the boat and taught Cut to Trixie. Had to make a few heal stops during the Gym Trainer battles but finally got to Surge. Took all our strength but we beat him, getting the third badge!
    Caught two Sandshrew on Route 11. Kept one on the team for now :)
    Went through Digglet's cave and caught the namesake Pokemon and it's evolution. Got Flash from one of Oak's followers. Went through Rock Tunnel after some time and arrived in Lavender Town. Not much to see here, went up the tower, fought Gary and beat him once more but had to turn back as a spirit blocks the way for now.
    Caught our next team member: a female Vulpix. Named her Kitsune. Not very original, but I wished to name her after the fox from Persona 4 Golden, as it had no name just fox or "Kitsune", went with the one that sounded more like a name to me. :P
    Caught another to keep as a Pix when she evolves.
    Arrived in Celedon City and visited the great city and Dpt Store!
    Went to the Gym, not quite an easy one but got to Erika after healing a few times.
    Beat her with help from Kitsune in her first of many battles and got the fourth badge on our journey. :)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Continuing from last time, still in Celedon City. Current Team:
    Buba (Bulbasaur, lvl 44)
    Trixie (Nidorina, just evolved, lvl 35)
    Kitsune (Vulpix, lvl 21)
    Owlicous (Pidgy, lvl 15)
    Yui (Clefairy, lvl 9)
    Sandshrew (lvl 6)
    Found another entrance to a recently visited building, and got found a male Eevee. Named him Shyvee, as he somehow reminded me of Fluttershy from MLP :P Seemed gentle and sweet.
    Went training on a few routes, but went into a house and was given Fly! :D Woo!
    Went to the Game Corner, found a Rocket Grunt staring at a poster and entered a battle. Little did the Grunt realize he gave away the switch to the hideout. Started going through the hideout battleing Grunts on the way.
    Found the Lift Key after battling a horde of Grunts on the way and finally got to the leader. Goivanni. He was not too tough to beat but in the end only Kitsune remained and fnished his last Pokemon. Got the Siplh Scope and fought the last standing Grunt and went back up to the Game Corner. Got triple 7's and hit the jackpot, will come back later to get enough to get the TM's I need.
    Gave the Tea to the gaurd. Instead though I went back to the Pokemon Tower and finally faced Marowak. Fought off the Team Rocket Grunts and rescued Mr. Fuji. Returned to his home where he gave us the Pokeflute! Now The Snorlax can be removed and caught.
    Went to Saffaron and entered Silph Co. Started to battle the Grunts on the way.

Years
  • Been playing Emerald, just got in Meteor Falls.

My team sofar:

Lvl 23 Electrike m
    Lvl 23 Sableye f
    Lvl 24 Nuzleaf "DRUID" m
    Lvl 24 Linoone f
    Lvl 24 Marshtomp "MUDD" m
    Lvl 24 Aron "IRON" m

I wonder how Archie will even think I'm in team Magma with all the green I'm wearing...

After encountering with many zubats and the running into team Aqua and team Magma, I managed to escape what I thought was a battle. But the fun was supplied by the trainers in route 115.

Just resupplied at Rustboro City, heading back to Verdanturf Town for the Battle Tent.

Last edited:

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Leafgreen entry number 3
    Buba (Bulbasaur, lvl 44)
    Trixie (Nidorina, just evolved, lvl 35)
    Kitsune (Vulpix, lvl 21)
    Owlicous (Pidgy, lvl 15)
    Sandshrew (lvl 6)
    Shyvee (Eevee)
    After needing to Heal from the Grunt battles, went back to the Pokemon Center. Desided to quick take a detor and Fly to grab my free bike with the Voucher :D Did so and can finally use the bike!
    Returned to the Silph Co. building and continued to make our way to the top fighting Grunts all the way to F7. Took lots of Pokecenter trips, but some training will be in order for the team ecept Bulba and Trixie, who have become much more powerfull then the others.
    Fought the first of the Rocket Brothers. Like we need more Grunts? xD
    Kindly woman offers a quick rest.
    Continued to fight more and more Grunts. Before battleing Gary again, went to heal and train a bit on the next route. Evolved Shy with a Water Stone to a Vaporeon :D
    Went back into Silph Co. and was given Lapras after fighting more hordes of Grunts.
    After several tries at beating Gary, I finally evolved Bulba into an Ivysaur. Still my cute little Bulba, just looks a tad bit thougher now ;P
    Bulba now could withstand a hit from Gray's Charizard and was able to use Sleep Powder so Shy and Trix could take him down with Water and Electric combo's :D
    Faced Goivanni and thanks to Shy won another hard battle. Was given the Master Ball as thanks for saving Silph Co., but this won't be used untill later :)
    Healed up and went to the Saffaron Gym and started battleing the Pyschic trainers. When we reached Sabrina, Trixie took the spotlight with her Bite and took down a few of her Pokemon with that move alone. Bulba steped in and fnished off Sabrina's last Pokemon. Got the Marsh Badge! 5 Badges total now :)
    Went West to Cycling Road, battled our way through the Bikers and got to Fuchisa City. Healed and bought some items, then went to the Safari Zone to atempt to catch a Pinsir. After failing to catch it one too many times, went and picked up the items around the area and found Surf in the Secret House and the Gold Teeth (weird thing to find...) which we brought to the poor Warden. He gave us Strength as a thank you. Taught Vee Surf and Sandshrew Strength. Taught the team other TM's I've gathered recently. Owlicious now has his moveset complete :D
    Moved the bolder inside the Warden's house and found a rare candy. Weird day. :P
    Nextdoor got the Goodrod from the Fisherman. :)
    Went to train my team to fight the next Gym Leader then go back into the Safari Zone.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Leafgreen entry number 4
    Buba (Ivysaur, lvl 54) Solarbeam, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Razor Leaf
    Trixie (Nidorina, lvl 45) Poison Sting, Cut, Bite, Shoke Wave
    Kitsune (Vulpix, lvl 26) Dig, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack, Will-o-wisp
    Owlicous (Pidgy, lvl 18) Secret Power, Fly, Steel Qing, Quick Attack (fnished moveset)
    Sandshrew (lvl 18) Strength, Rock Tomb, Brick Break, Aerial Ace
    Shyvee (Vaporeon, lvl 30) Bite, Surf, Growl, Quick Attack
    Training next to the City, hoping to get Shrew and Owlicous up to the same levels as the rest.
    Desided to take on the Gym, fought the trainers with Vee and Trixie while getting Shrew a little bit of exp too :)
    Faced Koga, and with the help of the entire team we won. 6th badge, almost have enough to enter the Leauge.
    Went back into the Safari Zone and caught a female Chancey and three slowpokes, Slowpoke, Slow2 and Slowey. xD Just came to my mind, thought I'd name them so I knew which ones I wanted to evolve. All male. No Pinsir after encountering about 50 of the dang Pokemon but will try again some other time.
    Flew back to Lavender and went through route 12.
    Fought lots of trainers here and caught another Snorlax.
    Got the Super Rod. Yay! All fishing is now possible.
    Traveled the routes of Trainers to Route 15 then desided to check out the water a bit. Went back to Pallet Town quickly with Fly and started south and reached Cinnabar Island. Went into the Research Lab and got my Omanyte restored. Yay!
    Started checking out the Mansion, picked up items and fought the people inside. Got a bit of training in and went to the Gym after getting the Key. Shyvee (renamed Vaporshy) pretty much just Surfed (no pun intended, because it did just use Surf XD ) through the Gym Trainers. Chose to fight them on purpose for the exp. Blaine was pretty easy too. 7th Badge obtained! Just one more to get now.
    Exiting the Gym, Bill came looking for me for a trip to meet Celio. Arrived on One Island, got the Tri Pass and new Map. Headed to Two Island to deliver the Medorite for Bill.
    Entering the Gamecorner, a man franticly looks for someone named Lostelle and asks me to find her, at the same time a Biker enters talking trash about the Gamecorner looking for three island...this is two. Most likely will find the girl and trouble on three island...
    Went to Three island and found the thug's gang, quickly battled them and their leader and they fled from the Islands! :D Got information on Lostelle too. Went to search for her on the Island. :)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Leafgreen entry number 5
    Buba (Ivysaur, lvl 55) Solarbeam, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Razor Leaf
    Trixie (Nidorina, lvl 53) Poison Sting, Cut, Crunch, Shock Wave
    Kitsune (Vulpix, lvl 27) Dig, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack, Will-o-wisp
    Owlicous (Pidgy, lvl 26) Secret Power, Fly, Steel Qing, Quick Attack (fnished moveset)
    Sandshrew (lvl 28) Strength, Rock Tomb, Brick Break, Aerial Ace
    Vaporshy (Vaporeon, lvl 42) Bite, Surf, Aurora Beam, Quick Attack
    After some trainer battles and a forest, I finally found Lostelle and fought the Hypno that was bothering her. She gave me an Ipappa berry as thanks. Took her to her home, and gave the mediorite to it's rightfull owner. Got a Moon Stone :D Returned to Bill after he restored the PC and traveled to Cinnabar Island. Healed the team and flew to the Power Plant. Picked up items and had a few battles before encountering Zapdos! After many, many tries I finally caught Zapdos.
    Went back to the final gym, quickly fought the trainers and got to Giovanni. Vaporshy pretty much crashed his whole team with a bit of help from Trixie :D With the Team Rocket leader finally defeated, the 8th badge was happily obtained! :D Thanks to the awesome team.
    Headed for the Pokemon Leauge and ran into Gary again. Won after a tought battle, good thing lots of training is ahead. :P
    Passed through the Badge gates, and started through the cave leading to the hard battles ahead.
    Finding TM's along the way, gaining levels, managed to get through every battle just barely holding on, mostly thanks to Bulba and Vee. Healed, and went back to train. Taught the team the remaining moves by level and TM I had, finding more may be required to defeat the Elite 4.
    Used the Moon Stone on Trixie and evolved her into a Nidoqueen.
    Next time, the Elite 4.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    i remember when i thought contests were the only thing that would let me progress when i first played emerald but when i discovered the magma hideout, boy did i feel stupid

Years
  • Yay! Just started a new game in Ruby! OK, *intro skip intro skip intro skip* [Boy or Girl? ~Girl, nah, boy] [What's your name? ~Raven] Got out of the truck and I got in to my house. Set the clock, time: 5:00 PM *Goes with half a heart to see May*. Now head to route- Wait a moment! Birch is in trouble and he needs me to get a starter and fight. What an idiot. I insert his bag and get the starter option. What do I choose? Leave you with the suspense for my next entry...

Tricko

Developing Pokémon Dark Leaf
    Years
  • For me Ruby was very nostalgic...I was not good battling at that time's and choose Treecko as my partner my team was pretty weak.. Treecko was my favourite Pokemon his absorb attack has saved me many times..I loved him too much his nickname was tricko..I was very reluctant to evolve him but I needed a more powerful Pokemon and Got Sceptile and he learned LEAF BLADE{ With one LB tricko took down most of the Pokemon}...I defeated the flying type gym with him.Flying type are 2x effective but still my Sceptile put up a great fight...I had Sceptile poters all over my room !!!...I still have the same Sceptile from Ruby in my Pokemon Heartgold...{I transferred him from the gba cartridge to my ds}

Years
  • I just started a new run on Emerald. I picked Treecko as my starter, and he just evolved into Grovyle! I also have Aron and Ralts in my party. In this run I'm making it a point to actually try and complete my dex. I've caught everything I've seen so far! It's pretty exciting. I'm also going to try and catch a Feebas... I haven't tried before and I know it's pretty difficult.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back