• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoenn Team

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    To be honest, I'm not sure yet. There are a couple of options I'm going to be going with, one is playing the game similar to how I played the original - the first six I catch are my team and I'll progress until I find something I like better.

If that's the case, my first two Pokémon will definitely be a Swampert and Swellow, then it's difficult, because commonly I'd get a Zigzagoon for a HM Slave after that it's a complete mystery.

If I do it the same way I played Pokémon X and literally catch every new Pokémon I encounter then decide what is the best Pokémon to add, as per type etc. If that's the case then I'll probably see what the E4 is like in the remake, if it's the same then I'll decide :p

SuperJanBro

Renegade
    Years
  • I'm not exactly sure what my team would be, I guess it would depend on the new megas(if there are some) Or if they bring in new Pokémon or not. Mudkip shall be mine, though :3.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team
    Hoenn Team

My team draws mostly from my most fondly remembered Pokemon from my old Ruby and Sapphire cartridges. It isn't an exact replica of my original team in Hoenn because back then I didn't really build teams like I do now. Blaziken was my original starter. I absolutely love both Swampert and Sceptile as well, but I had to stick to Blaziken for nostalgia's sake. Swellow and Gardevoir were other Pokemon from my original team. Azumarill earns a place because I still have great memories of spending hours training my Marill and arbitrarily preventing it from evolving until I accidentally let it evolve.. My first ever Crobat was on my Ruby cartridge, so it had to be on my team in AlphaSapphire. As for Roserade.. I never used Roselia in Ruby or Sapphire, but Roserade was one of my favorite team members in Diamond. Plus, the only Pokemon I remember using in Ruby and Sapphire was Kyogre, and I don't really want to use a legendary on my team.

TheGinger63

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • AS: Swampert (mega hopefully), Swellow, Breloom, Aggron, Sharpedo, Salamence

OR: Blaziken (mega hopefully), Altaria, Dusclops (hopefulky dusknoir pregame), Tropius, Crawdaunt, Walrein

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I have to have:
    Swampert
    Gardevoir.
    Milotic
    Lanturn
    Ninetails
    Tropius
    This is the best team I have used in Emerald

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • I am gonna start with treecko because he was my first starter in my ruby run, but i am going to transfer a mudkip because in like 70 of my 100 runs that was my starter. So both treecko and mudkip as starters. If bagon is easy to find I will catch it. Swellow, Gardevoir( Unless Gallade is avaible) And for story mode Groudon.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Sceptile
    Ludicolo
    Ninjask
    Exploud
    Camerupt
    Sharpedo

Wish I had room for Salamence but hey-ho, we'll be wreckin' sh*t either way.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • Just swampert, I prefer to use a few pokemon, but this is the first time I'll be completing the game first-time with just une!

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    I'll start off with Mudkip and after that do what I always do. Catch everything I see and try them all out until I take to one of them. I tend to get a preference for a Pokemon and once I decide I like it, I stick with it even if it is a weak link. Like Pikachu in Firered, Shellos in Diamond and I think it was Munna in White. And there is usually something that impresses me right from the get go such as Shinx and Fletchling and even Audino to an extent. It made a great wall if not a particularly good special attacker. I'll just see how it goes and end up with a team by the end of it one way or another.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    Im thinking that im going to start with Treecko, because that's what I'm currently trying to soft reset for to get shiny in Sapphire right now. normally i would choose Torchic, because that i remember playing through emerald with the very first time, but i played through Y with one because of the event so it would be kinda of pointless for me to do that. I really want to get a Ludicolo and Shiftry, and since ill be getting both games i will be able to have one on both of my teams. I really want to get a Salamence on one of the games as well. Other wise ill probably just have an Aron on my team, along with Beautifly and possible Abra, havent decided yet. There's still plenty of time before the games come out so there will be time to decide what i want to do!

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So I have just seen some news on serebii and I'm changing up my team from my previous post on here.

Sceptile
    Crobat
    Kyogre
    Aggron/flygon
    Metagross/gardevoir
    Mightyenna/Sableye

EDIT:

If I get Omega Ruby with alpha sapphire, here would be my other team (speculation team):

Swampert/Blaziken
    Swellow/Pelliper
    Ludicollo/Shiftre
    Sandslash/Cradily/Armaldo
    Chimecho/Claydol
    Free slot

Last edited:

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • I'll totally be choosing Treecko after seeing his Mega Evolution (SO EPIC!!!!) and as always I'll be getting a Poochyena early on as he is my signature Pokemon. Really hoping for a Mightyena Mega Evolution (You have So Much Potential!!!!)

Others I'll be catching are Pokemon I've not trained before...I can't think of any Hoenn I've not Trained Before!!!!! 0n0; Oh well, It'll come when it passes.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • As I only got, started and have beat the RSE games after getting them 2 years ago, I'm trying to use Hoenn Pokemon I wanted to, but didn't get the chance to use. I like just about every Hoenn Pokemon as it is, but having a good, rounded team with all the HMs/moves needed for the entire game and being Pokes I haven't used, may be a little tricky :P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Mega Mawile
    Roserade
    Milotic

The only three for sure...

Years
  • A level 100 Mudkip. I wish, but I need other Pokemon for other HM's

Swampert
    Crobat
    Shiftery
    Azumarill
    Gallade
    Salamence

Tho this team might change to Pokemon I've never used. But I'm for sure picking a Mudkip as a starter

My Competitive teams will be alot better tho

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Hoenn is the region that introduced a fair few of my favourite Pokémon, I know a lot of them are not amazing but they are Pokémon I like and I like using.

1. Swampert
    2. Swellow
    3. Torkoal
    4. Breloom
    5. Glalie
    6. Crawdant.

That is probably going to be my team but like others have said some other Pokémon might get a Mega evolution that might change everything

Back