• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoenn Team

blue

gucci
    Years
    Put quite simply, whick Pokémon do you plan to use in the upcoming games? Perhaps you have a favourite team from the original Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire lined up? Discuss!

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I know I'll have Blaziken. After that - Gardevoir and Roserade are essential. From then, I don't know. I wanna switch it up a bit from what I normally had on RSE.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I hated all the starters in Gen III :| but I'd probably go Torchic or Mudkip and keep them unevolved. They get ugly when they evolve.

Also, I like Wingull and Zigzagoon. Zangoose is probably my favourite Gen III Pokemon alongside Absol, so those two for sure. Not 100% certain honestly.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'll definitely be using Starter, Swellow, Altaria, Breloom, Lunatone and then I'm not sure for a sixth member just yet.. too many!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Three I know I will use is Linoone!! Mightyena and Delcatty - not sure on the others, I will wait and see which Pokemon are available (and if I can transfer over any from XY game).

Years
    I'll probably be taking Mudkip as my starter again, and if I do get a female one it'll be even more of a throwback to my original Ruby team.

But here's what I've got planned at this stage:
    - Swampert
    - Breloom
    - Manectric
    - Gardevoir
    - Some random Fire-type
    - Some obligatory Flying-type (or heck might try Flygon)

I'll probably continue my trend of a Grass/Fire/Water trio, but this team is not finalized yet, it's still in the planning stages but I do want to put some throwbacks to my original team in there such as Swampert, Breloom and Manectric which were on my original team.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    - Sceptile
    - Swellow
    - Aggron, Manectric, or Mawile (mega item if possible)
    - Altaria or Flygon
    - Milotic or Walrein
    - Latias

Zangoose, Delcatty, and Camerupt are other options. Maybe I just restarted RSE too many times, lol. I would add Absol or Metagross, but I just used them in HeartGold. I would add Gardevoir too, but I use it often in X/Y.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    When I get a 3DS, I'm not deciding on my team until they reveal whether or not new mega evolutions will be added for the Sceptile and Swampert, if they do add new mega-evos then I'll probably pick my favorite one. I could see Sceptile possibly becoming Grass/Dark with a mega evolution. :15:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    BLAZIKEN
    BRELOOM
    AZUMARILL
    ALTARIA
    CACTURNE
    GLALIE

probably them anyway i love them a lot and want to play with them

Years
    Swampert since I still have my Sceptile from Ruby and the event Torchic, plus whatever else I come up with. I had a full team that covered most/all type weaknesses planned out at one point, but Fairy type being announced pretty much killed whatever idea I had.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    I'll do the same thing I do every time I play a new game for the first time - I'll catch pretty much everything, use all of them at least long enough to evolve them, rearrange them however seems to make sense at the moment, and end up beating the E4 with whatever team I decide on when I get there.

It's not until I've gone through the game at least once that I even consider using a fixed team from beginning to end, and even then, I usually don't.

That said, there are a few that I'm particularly looking forward to - Breloom, Shiftry, Surskit, Electrike, Absol... even Feebas.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    If the dex is similar to the originals (hopefully with added Sinnoh pre- and post-evos among other Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos Pokemon), then I've already decided with having Sceptile on both versions. That's all I know,

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Hmmmm, probably start with Mudkip. I usually like to have Aron on my team too.

After that, who knows! It'll be interesting to see which pokemon are available at which points in the game, seeing as so many have been released since the original R/S/E.

Mesmerella

Preschooler
    Years
    I'm definitely starting with Torchic. I started with a Torchic my first time playing Sapphire, so it only feels right. I'm probably also gonna use a Ralts and Shroomish on my team, as those are some of my favorites from Gen III.

Years
    Probably starting with Treecko but I also really want Breloom on my team. Might even end up boxing the starter in favor of Breloom since I do not at all like Blaziken and Swampert.. but so far I definitely know I want to give Mightyena a shot if Absol isn't an option! Other than that I'll see as the release date rolls around.

Years
    It's too early but Sceptile is gonna be on my main team for sure! :)

Last edited:
    Back