• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Well I know there are people who have done Egglockes on the hacks such as Sacred Gold, Storm Silver, Blaze Black and Volt White (2), so through emulation i'd imagine there would be some way to create eggs for the DS games on emulators that would work similar to how Egglockes would.

It is possible to get eggs on an emulator (in any generation except the first) through the use of software like PokeGen, a Save Game Editor, or a cheating device (action replay, for example) but I don't know what the rules are regarding those.

Btw I love the new DCC Title lol XD

Years
  • It is possible to get eggs on an emulator (in any generation except the first) through the use of software like PokeGen, a Save Game Editor, or a cheating device (action replay, for example) but I don't know what the rules are regarding those.

Btw I love the new DCC Title lol XD

Well, when StMRyEire did his White Egglocke, he made a video showing how to send eggs, but I don't know which emulator he used it for. You'd have to enter a code and input it there, it seems.

That's all I really know of.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Well, when StMRyEire did his White Egglocke, he made a video showing how to send eggs, but I don't know which emulator he used it for. You'd have to enter a code and input it there, it seems.

That's all I really know of.

Yeah it looks like he's using PokeGen in the video. It basically creates Pokemon files (literally .pkm files) and allows you to send them to any game of your choice (not X/Y). I'm not exactly sure how to get them on emulators though. I think it would be fine as long as the Pokemon were legal, but I'd check with the rules + Necrum first.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Yeah it looks like he's using PokeGen in the video. It basically creates Pokemon files (literally .pkm files) and allows you to send them to any game of your choice (not X/Y). I'm not exactly sure how to get them on emulators though. I think it would be fine as long as the Pokemon were legal, but I'd check with the rules + Necrum first.
    It's certainly plausible. It really depends on what the owner wants to do. The Favorites Challenge is a good example of this. On something as crazy as an all egg team, where trading is an important factor, I would probably let it be gen 6 exclusive. But I wouldn't be opposed to opening it up to more of them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Yeah it looks like he's using PokeGen in the video. It basically creates Pokemon files (literally .pkm files) and allows you to send them to any game of your choice (not X/Y). I'm not exactly sure how to get them on emulators though. I think it would be fine as long as the Pokemon were legal, but I'd check with the rules + Necrum first.

pokegen can also edit save files, and it works in reverse (.pkm files > pokemon) as well.

Years
  • Here's a challenge related question I have for some of you. I made a topic about something like this in Pokémon Gaming Central a while back, but here it is anyway:

How are you guys about using healing items in challenges during battle? Will you stall as much as necessary or will you take losses like a pro if your Pokémon are fainting like crazy?

I'd say well over half of challenges i've done that aren't Nuzlockes and Wedlockes I don't use healing items in battle myself, like Monotypes or Mono-Colors. Of the four games i've done for my Ultimate Red Mono-Color (Y, Fire Red, Ruby and White) all four have been without any bag items in battle. How many of you play the same way? Just something i'm curious of.

Tek

Years
  • Here's a challenge related question I have for some of you. I made a topic about something like this in Pokémon Gaming Central a while back, but here it is anyway:

How are you guys about using healing items in challenges during battle? Will you stall as much as necessary or will you take losses like a pro if your Pokémon are fainting like crazy?

I'd say well over half of challenges i've done that aren't Nuzlockes and Wedlockes I don't use healing items in battle myself, like Monotypes or Mono-Colors. Of the four games i've done for my Ultimate Red Mono-Color (Y, Fire Red, Ruby and White) all four have been without any bag items in battle. How many of you play the same way? Just something i'm curious of.

I will spam the crap out of healing items when I can get a win by doing so that would otherwise be a loss. Generally only happens during E4/Leader battles where I'm at a type disadvantage.

The only exception to that was during my current SS NFE run, my Psyduck needed a lot of help against Bugsy's Scyther.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Yeah it's not like it's my strategy, but if I am underleveled enough and believe I have something on my team that can win the battle, I will spam as many meds as I have, haha!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Here's a challenge related question I have for some of you. I made a topic about something like this in Pokémon Gaming Central a while back, but here it is anyway:

I just reset if I faint, and use items sparingly, but during the E4 all limits go out the window (I buy 10-15 hyper potions)

Rewy

untitled follower
    Years
  • Hello all,

Rewy here, returning from the abyss of a broken internet modem.

I've recently struck again by the pokemon gaming interest. And actually for the first time bothered to finish my Pokemon X. More or less speed running everything after Xerneas. It was an amusing run tho'. Every other gym or so I was thinking "argh, screw this I'll just restart..." but eventually I just stuck with it by listening to pod casts, wedlockes and wonderlockes.

I should say that I was rather disappointed with the Champion. Or well the overall difficulty in the end.I had 4 part-dragon types, 1 part-ghost and Dedenne. And the only thing that died was the fairy mouse. *eye-roll* Although that thing was my tank over half the game. :D No megas and 5 items per battle max.
    It was fun, but disappointing in the end.​
    Right now, I'm considering how much I want to get a shiny charm...

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Hello all,

Rewy here, returning from the abyss of a broken internet modem.
    I've recently struck again by the pokemon gaming interest. And actually for the first time bothered to finish my Pokemon X. More or less speed running everything after Xerneas. It was an amusing run tho'. Every other gym or so I was thinking "argh, screw this I'll just restart..." but eventually I just stuck with it by listening to pod casts, wedlockes and wonderlockes.

I should say that I was rather disappointed with the Champion. Or well the overall difficulty in the end.I had 4 part-dragon types, 1 part-ghost and Dedenne. And the only thing that died was the fairy mouse. *eye-roll* Although that thing was my tank over half the game. :D No megas and 5 items per battle max.
    It was fun, but disappointing in the end.​
    Right now, I'm considering how much I want to get a shiny charm...
    I just got my Oval Charm and it is a huge difference in finding eggs.

Glad to have you back, Rewy!

Years
  • Yeah, the idea for me not using any healing items in most challenges came while I was watching Drayano's final battle against Ghetsis in his Grass Monotype in Black, where he had to use his Quiver Dance Lilligant to beat Hydreigon. In the comments he was asked why he didn't heal Lilligant when it was about to die from toxic damage, and he said that he was refusing to use healing items because it's looked down upon (look at his Grass Monotype in Soul Silver against Red, for example), but he finds it more fun going the way he did anyway.

I myself find it more fun this way (Set mode + no bag items) anyway. In my Ground Ultimate, there were two games in that I did with no items at all - White 2 and Platinum. Since then, almost all my basic challenges that aren't Nuzlockes and Wedlockes have me doing this, as I said. But after some absolutely over the top level of bogus fights i've had (Zinzolin in my Ground Monotype, Marshal in my Red Mono-Color, etc), I feel I might add a "Super Ultimate Extra Bulls*** Clause" that'll allow me to use a healing item or Revive if i'm about to lose a fight I should have won but didn't because of many critical hits, misses, etc. But that's it.

Of every game that's been released since RS, the only ones I have never completed a play of without using any items are Emerald, DP and HGSS. When I went through Victory Road in Black 2 in my Medieval Era Time Warp challenge last night, the trainers were just brutal because of my low levels, and Challenge Mode raising theirs.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Um where do you sign up for challenges cause I have finished all my Pokemon games and have gotten board with them the elite four and champion of X are so easy to beat that its gotten to boring to fight them?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oval Charm noticeably helps you, but Shiny Charm...I think when I found my shiny Mawile and Minccino, I had it, but those were also Friend Safari Pokemon. I haven't had any luck since. That was February and I was actively searching...for Mawile, anyway. Minccino came a few minutes after at random.

Filling the National Dex is a ton of fun regardless of my bad Shiny Charm luck though. :P Speaking of shinies, I got a shiny Froakie off Wonder Trade last night and a shiny Pumpkaboo (now Gourgeist) from Wonder Trade tonight. Hot damn!

Um where do you sign up for challenges cause I have finished all my Pokemon games and have gotten board with them the elite four and champion of X are so easy to beat that its gotten to boring to fight them?

Go to the challenge thread you're interested in and follow the sign up format the first post has listed. Just check out the rules and stuff and make sure it's something you can and are willing to do and then just post your sign up and you're in!

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
    Years
  • The luck is strong in you! I only ever been able to finish the National Dex in SoulSilver,and even then,i got extremely lucky

I got a used copy of Platinum.checked it,and it had a whole slew of legendaries missing on my dex. happy day indeed!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Oval Charm noticeably helps you, but Shiny Charm...I think when I found my shiny Mawile and Minccino, I had it, but those were also Friend Safari Pokemon. I haven't had any luck since. That was February and I was actively searching...for Mawile, anyway. Minccino came a few minutes after at random.

Wait, so you have a shiny Mawile? You should definitely clone me one :3

I feel bad though, because I've had barely any time for PokeCommunity. My challenge is in ruin, I haven't updated on anything in weeks, and so on.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Wait, so you have a shiny Mawile? You should definitely clone me one :3

I feel bad though, because I've had barely any time for PokeCommunity. My challenge is in ruin, I haven't updated on anything in weeks, and so on.
    It's okay, I'm behind on updating my challenges, too. It just happens sometimes.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Wait, so you have a shiny Mawile? You should definitely clone me one :3

I can clone him, but he's EV'd now and not UT anymore. His name is also Jak. lol But I'd be happy to fetch a copy of him for you. :)

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
    Years
  • It's okay, I'm behind on updating my challenges, too. It just happens sometimes.

same here.I think i'm putting a lot on my plate.signed up for 2 more challenges,even though i'm only halfway done with one of them. {XD}

Years
  • Ah yeah, I know what that feels like. I just started documenting a new challenge today (a Blue Mono-Color on X, let's see if this one is as interesting as my Red one on Y), and there are a few more I have to get to doing eventually. Not exactly helped by the fact that classes have started for me again :P But right before classes started I knocked two more off my plate very soon after each other (my Medieval Era Time Warp Challenge on Black 2 and my Heart Gold Wedlocke), so that leaves me with a bit less I have to do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back