• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HONESTLY, Do you think your parents are smart?

Are they smart?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • My mom is

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • My dad is

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2007
    Why or why not?

I know most of the people on this site are young, so they'll be inclined to say no...but think about it. Do you really think your parents are intelligent?

My dad's one of the smartest guys I know.

My mom is dumber than a box of rocks.

I sure do love em both though :knockedou

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    my dad is not by any means dumb, but he has very little common sense.
    my mom is fairly smart in terms of book-smarts but she is very illogical

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    my mom is from the ghetto of texas,so knowledge isn't something she's interested in...I mean,she is able to be(like,she has her bachlor's degree 'n stuff)but overall,I guess she's just average...

however,if you need to be an A hole to be smart,my step dad's a genius...-_-;

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Well, my dad can be smart.. if he needs to be, and well, I know for sure that my mum is really smart. So I think I got my smarts from her. XD

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    You really want the answer?

Yes. They are smart to some degree. My dad can do a lots of things like set up a sprinkler system and fix lots of machines and he doesn't even have a degree. Then my mom has only an asociates degree and she has done jobs where a bachlors degree is asked for and was one of the best at it. They also good for certain other things.

Still yeah. THey are a bit dumb when it comes to simple things and how they notice some of the things at home. They are smart but most of the time they can be as dumb as blind ducks.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    In the end it comes down to what you classify as smart.
    My parents definitely AREN'T book smart, but they are pretty street smart. It was a pain growing up without someone who couldn't help me with my homework. XD;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, I can definitely say that my mom is. It's not like she's constantly spouting random philosophies or anything, but she has a lot of wisdom, and has always been willing to teach me things. She's also done a very good job homeschooling me (...I think? XD) and my brother. She grew up in a nice family and always enjoyed school, reading, and other educational things, and also knows a lot about the Bible and Christianity, so I've learned many valuable lessons from her!

My father, on the other hand... hm. I haven't really talked to him much, but judging by the little experience I have had dealing with him, he is an intelligent person to a certain extent. XD; He just doesn't have the wisdom that my mom posesses, and thus has made some bad choices in his life.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My dad is really smart in pretty much every definition of the word. He went to university for science and he's really good at math, too. He's also people-smart, so he's pretty awesome.

Mom's not as book smart as dad, but she's still smart and she knows what she's doing. If there's one thing she's definitely not smart at, it's anything related to computers. That can get pretty annoying to everyone else, since for the most part our whole family is made up of technophiles. 83

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    My parents are totally stupid. 'cause they didn't want me. XD;
    But, my granparents, Pop, he's very smart, but I'm probably smarter than him. Now you're all probably thinking poor Pop. XD But nah, he's smart-ish. And Nan, she's as stupid as they come, no offense to Nan though...She just wasn't educated much.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    My dad can do a lot of left brain work but not right brain work. He can pretty much fix anything but cannot explain aything if he has to start the explanation from the basics. My mom is not good at understanding simple things and has no sense of direction.

My parents think I am smart, but I don't think I am.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I'm taking this as a chance to brag XD

My dad seems like a genius with tinkering and fixing things. For example, he got his hands on a broken washing machine, fixed it, and then sold it.

And this is without any knowledge on how washing machines work. And he does this with anything that is broken. Plus he's wise and always has something to say.

My mother is also quite street smart. She knows how to deal with a variety of situations, and especially with people. If someone we know has a problem with a business or something, my mother will fix it almost without fail XD

Maybe it's just persistence, but it's commendable XD;;

But yeah, they always know what they are doing and what effects their actions well have. They may not be smart in the sense of books, but they know what they're doing.

Well, most of the time XD;

Atabas

Bringin' Sexy Back, No Receipt
    Years
    My father is smart in a way (he is one of the top guys a Yara in Norway) yet he is not very street smart and is aways so critical

Pretty much the opposite of me

My mother was dim and prone to making mistakes
    because of that
    she died because of smoking to much and drinking to much

Years
    Both of my parents have their own share of wisdom and intelligence. My dad especially since he's had more life experience and knowledge. It was from him I've learnt a lot of things that helped me distinguish between right and wrong, and what's recommended. Though my mother may not seem bright on first impressions, she knows the background of friendship and diligence. I believe them to be very smart, and always have since I was very little.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Both of my parents are pretty smart.

My dad is really smart when it comes to medicine and stuff that involves his job. But most other stuff he is lacking in knowledge, inless it happened back when he was young.

My mom is really booksmart, and pretty smart when it comes to everything else. She isn't street smart, and thinks that that type of knowledge isn't...erh...needed.

Years
    My stepdad is. He knows how to spend and save money, that's for sure. I know he'll do well once he goes to open his own restaurant, because he's a very intellegent man. He's also smart when it comes to raising children. That's why we all turned out so well. ;3

My mom? She's not as smart as my stepdad, but she's not completely dumb either. She has to be smart if she survived a husband with bad spending habits and survived being a single parent for a few years. She might not have been as great as a parent, but that doesn't matter -- the fact that she survived it has to prove something.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Both parents are quite smart although my Mum can be really dumb. It depends what things they're smart at. Both are smart at giving advice and helping. I would have to say my Dad is more smarter than my Mum.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2007
    My dad is really smart in pretty much every definition of the word. He went to university for science and he's really good at math, too. He's also people-smart, so he's pretty awesome.

Mom's not as book smart as dad, but she's still smart and she knows what she's doing. If there's one thing she's definitely not smart at, it's anything related to computers. That can get pretty annoying to everyone else, since for the most part our whole family is made up of technophiles. 83

Wow, you just described my family perfectly.

My dad got his degree in computer science and he's amazing at math. He's a genius pretty much. My mom isn't book smart at all, but she definatly knows how to mother. And yeah, she once accused me of "breaking the internet" because I forgot to plug the router back in. Me and my dad got a good laugh that day.

I'm actually pretty surprised at the results of the poll. I was expecting a lot of angsty, "My parents are morons!" posts...but I haven't seen a whole lot.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    My IQ was tested at 150, so my mom said that I got 140 from her and the rest from my father.

So yeah, my mom is the one with the degree and the ability to plan things out. She also taught me morally. As for learning how to survive, that was pretty much self-taught.

BlueHippo

Pokemaster Hippo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2008
    my dad is effin' brilliant and my mom...

*cough*

heh i'm the only one who picked my dad is thusfar ;)

Back