• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Honey, or using your head?

What way did you prefer to use to get Pokemon via trees?

• Honey!

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Headbutting!

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • YOU'RE KILLING THE TREESSSS

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
  • I found the headbutting to be highly amusing. Honey was okay, but not very creative. I guess headbutting really isn't creative, either. xD haha

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Plus like somebody said, Headbutting was a pretty sweet move, especially since you get it quite early. 70 damage, plus STAB on a normal type,

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Headbutting all the way for me. It's better and quicker. I seldom find Pokemon I like when I use Honey on trees. It's all Combee, while when i headbutt, I remember a Butterfree I think coming out. ;)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Headbutting. It's just so much easier, time-wise. I've got a bad memory when it comes to things like this, and so if I Honey a tree chances are I will walk away and never come back, so it's a waste of time and money.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • I...didn't even know about the honey thing. O.o So obviously, my answer is Headbutt. Yeah I wouldn't want to wait an entire day for a pokemon to come out of the tree when you can do it in five seconds, no offense.

Edit: There is no "honey method" in HG/SS, which is what I thought we were talking about. Herp. Sorry.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I...didn't even know about the honey thing. O.o So obviously, my answer is Headbutt. Yeah I wouldn't want to wait an entire day for a pokemon to come out of the tree when you can do it in five seconds, no offense.

Edit: There is no "honey method" in HG/SS, which is what I thought we were talking about. Herp. Sorry.
    For clarity's sake, the 'honey method' is in the other 4th gen games in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
    Honey. I loved those good old days that taught patience. (I have none)
    The 'good old days' of GSC had headbutting, so it's been around far longer than honey has. =p

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Headbutt, I'm not used to Honey, and I think it's pretty complicated. Plus, it isn't really convenient at all since it costs a lot of money.

Back