• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hopes for Gen 6

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I totally agree with the first post & I'm all for whatever "creative" evolution methods they make as long as they don't involve happiness.

Happiness imo is the most retarded evolution method to date; you either have to pay a ****load of money on items to use on your Pokémon or just level it up, both ways are time-wasting & just make absolutely no sense to me.
    Why would a Pokémon need to be spoiled just so it can evolve? Why can't it just not-hate me & that's it?
    My hope is that P-Amie will make happiness evolutions easier, I'm willing to spend a day cuddling my Pokémon just so that I'd be able to evolve it simply by raising it one level.

Speaking of Amie, I hope we don't get too close to our Pokémon that we have to feed them every 5 minutes seconds & take them pooping like in Digimon World, I'd hate to spend money on Poffins just as I would on Fresh Water or Lemonade.

Also moar hopes:
    • Deletable HMs
    • Less event Pokémon
    • Ability to nickname Pokémon anytime, anywhere
    • No silly dialogues monologues like in the case of Nurse Joy & the nooby in-game tutorials
    • Less need for trading in order to complete the National Dex
    • No Zubat/Tentacool spam with "Can't Escape"
    • Good grinding places pre-E4
    That's basically it.
    I hope they replace the tutorials with the Tv they had back in FrLg as it take time to go through all of them. Some of us just want to get the journey started already...

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    I hope they replace the tutorials with the Tv they had back in FrLg as it take time to go through all of them. Some of us just want to get the journey started already...

God I hated the start of BW2, when Bianca was dragging you like you never played Pokemon before. HERE IS THE POKEMON CENTER. GO AHEAD AND TALK TO NURSE JOY. HEY LETS GO TEACH YOU HOW TO CATCH POKEMON.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I actually just saw this and wanted to comment on this and explain why this is actually, a very bad idea.

Suppose you want to design your game professionally. What would be important in that case? Stuff like consumer satisfaction, innovation and critical acclaim that would make your game sells. This idea doesn't provide anything but one thing: Negativity. And here's why:
    Having some Pokemon to be only available in a select season would just limit a lot of people's options, for absolutely no reason. What would this benefit? The game is out and I'll be buying it on October, on Autumn, however suppose my favorite Pokemon, Slugma (who isn't by the way), is only available in summer, but I want it on the team now. Here are my options:
    1. Wait around 8 months. But nobody wants this.
    2. Change the DS date, but then it'd go against the game design and it's already something that I shouldn't be doing because the developers designed their games poorly.

See what I mean? It's a poor idea. Animal Crossing is the only game that could get away with it because collecting fish and insects aren't as important or as vital in the games as - you guessed it: Pokemon. Implementing this would just cause too much of a hassle for what benefit? A novelty that would wear off very fast.

Frankly, I find the night/day system to already be bad game design in its own.

It was just some thought on my own point of view what they could've added; maybe I have formulated it wrong with my words and explaination but I didn't mean all of those weathers elements continue daily that would just be messed up. I was aiming for a realistic feel you don't see hail, fog and all that daily, now don't we? I meant it would be quite nice if they added maybe a few days a month a weather effect other than rain where you can catch certain Pokemons depending on the season or month. Also there is no such thing as certain seasons where you can catch certain Pokémon, when I point out seasons I mean the system they already have (BW1/2). Such as Snorunt when it hails, Slugma when it's sunny, Poliwirl when it's raining and such examples.

Look it at this way: Gamefreak/Nintendo introduced all the Pokémons for the current game what you can catch on regular base but what if you can catch more beyond that point? Take the Radio feature for example where you can catch Hoenn Pokémon in the Johto or Kanto region (I can't remember), such similar system but then with the weather system in my opinion it would make more sense that way instead of Pokémon from Hoenn randomly popping out of nowhere where they weren't located the first time you got there.

I understand your concern about the weather system but it was merely an amateur idea the main point I was hoping for was a just a better and realistic weather and time system even if there aren't certain Pokémon involved it was just some add-up on my part, it could be nice if Nintendo take it into consideration. I always loved mother nature weather signs and serene phenomenons such as sunsets and so on in the video games and BW2 showed that they're capable of doing more than that. That's all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I would love for there to be Pokémon that appear depending on the weather. For example Poliwag and evolutions can appear during rain as in real life some species of frogs appear. Also after the sun comes out underground Pokémon Dunsparce can appear like worms do in real life due to the wet soil (at least where I live they do, usually in April). They could do so for rare Pokémon too like say Munchlax's and Snorlax (it's hard to get one in DPPt at least and there's like only two Snorlax for capture in Kanto.)appear in summer but aren't seen at all in winter, something like that.

Years
    I wanted Gen. 6 to introduce evolutions in a battle. Just like the anime, that some Pokemon are evolving during the battle. In the game they could do it like this, When the Pokemon reaches the level it needs to evolve, it should evolve and restore half of its HP in the battle. That would be interesting.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
    I wanted Gen. 6 to introduce evolutions in a battle. Just like the anime, that some Pokemon are evolving during the battle. In the game they could do it like this, When the Pokemon reaches the level it needs to evolve, it should evolve and restore half of its HP in the battle. That would be interesting.

I am funding this!I want my Pokemon to evolve while fighting my rival or an important character.
    But they would be better off not restoring half of their HP.Just the increase in their stats is enough IMO.

Years

I have also always wondered why this isn't possible!? Why couldn't it skip to the evolution screen breifly and then return you to the battle? It would surely add another twist to the battle, that's for sure! Other trainer's Pokémon could do it to! That would amazing! I can just imagine, you're up against a Hiker and he sends out a Machop, he defeats your Pidgeotto that you have been levelling up recently, and evolves into Machoke, so you now have to choose a new Pokémon to battle and go up against Machoke!

I don't see the issue. It used to annoy me that if your Pokémon reached a certain level to evolve, and it died before the battle ended - you'd have to wait until the next level. That pissed me off.​

Years

I have also always wondered why this isn't possible!? Why couldn't it skip to the evolution screen breifly and then return you to the battle? It would surely add another twist to the battle, that's for sure! Other trainer's Pokémon could do it to! That would amazing! I can just imagine, you're up against a Hiker and he sends out a Machop, he defeats your Pidgeotto that you have been levelling up recently, and evolves into Machoke, so you now have to choose a new Pokémon to battle and go up against Machoke!
    I don't see the issue. It used to annoy me that if your Pokémon reached a certain level to evolve, and it died before the battle ended - you'd have to wait until the next level. That pissed me off.​

You would still have to get the EXP points to evolve. I think if the Pokemon dies but has the EXP points needed then it evolves, right? It can evolve while it is fainted.

They could do it just like the Mega Evolution graphics, skipping the evolution screen and the Pokemon would evolve into the battle. I know a lot of people would love this. But now that they showed us Mega Evolution I think it can happen maybe in next Gen. But they could make it happen right now too.

tnfsf11

If they were to do such in battle evolutions it should have a different animation than Megas as it'll take away from it.
    The default evolution animation would be fine with me.
    When my Pokémon reaches the evolution level right after defeating the opponent's Pokémon, the game should just skip to the evolution animation for a second then continue the battle... When this doesn't happen my Pokémon usually gains more level(s) during the battle & thus misses learning moves it would've learned if it had evolved :/

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Maybe getting the mega-evolutions will be some sort of gateway to having legit evolutions take place during battles in future games?

I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. Would make for some more entertaining battles.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I kind of want to retain some balance for the non-Mega pokemon, Since you only mega one pokemon in every team that almost guarantees there will be one of these select few in every competitive team, probably EVERY team. We need to make sure this doesn't turn elitist as legendaries and have to ban Megas from the tournaments. (Don't get me wrong, I love megas and Legends, but I don't want them to be the only thing used)

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I want a visible IV/EV screen. This will help with EV training and letting me know watch hatchlings I can release as soon as they hatch.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Well this is what I would like ^__^....be kind :P LONG POST C:

- I would love if the first pokemon in your party wasn't sent out first on default. Instead I would like so when you encounter a pokemon/trainer you can then choose to send out a pokemon of your choice without switichig back and forth. Less Tedious in my opinion.

- NO HMs at all. I would rather a tool to CUT the trees down and a Surfboard or something to SURF and something for FLY. I don't want to have to form a team based on HMs and/or going back and forth to the pokemon centre. You won't have them at the start but perhaps WIN the items through battling trainers or some other means. C:

- I hope a PokeTech type thing comes back to X/Y. I really missed the Step Counter in Gen 5 as it makes egg hatching less annoying/tedious when you know you just have to reach a certain number/cycle.

- I really dislike the friendship evolution method. IT NEEDS TO GO!

- MAOR Post-game stuff

- Secret Bases or customize your trainers bedroom with objects, trophies, pokemon dolls and what not. Heck maybe as a reward for beating the champion you can get a house to customize like the secret bases....just a thought. I don't care if the trainer is 'too young' to own a house.

- An incentive to re-challenge the E4 or Gyms (If they introduce that feature again), like a pokemon with an exclusive ability(s) only available for re-challenging the E4 and/or gyms. Or just an exclusive pokemon that you can't catch in the wild.

- A GOOD battle frontier. I like the subway concept in Gen 5 but the reward wasn't that great.

- A better bag system. The Gen 5 bag was so messy and cluttered which made finding what you need a pain. Or at least implement a 'search function' when you can type in the word or first few letters and it will filter out what you need.

- HEAPS more pokemon that are competitive friendly. I was watching the 2013 Pokemon World Championships and each team had 90% the same pokemon. I've seen enough of Cresselia and Thundurus/Landorus. I need Variety. However the super training is a step in the right direction, which is great. It also makes it more accessible too everyone, not only the 'hard-core' players. It will be interesting if this makes a difference to the competitive battling scene.

- Better 'grind' spots and training areas. The Audinos helped greatly, but I shouldn't just have to rely on them.

- Perhaps after you can complete the game, just like with B/W2 with the whole hard mode/challenge mode concept. They should make it so the pokemon are more randomized, rather than just going through the first part of the game and encountering the same generic bird, normal, bug pokemon they can mix it up a bit.

- More incentive to use more defensive move pools in the Meta-Game. More Challenge plz

- I really hope the 3D Pokemon Models move/animate freely, I LOVED that in Gen 5.I can see in the various trailers they do when battling but I not sure if they do a whole lot while standing there. I have to wait and see.

- Tournaments/Mini Leagues in the game? Like a Water Tournament, Fighting Tournament..........like in the anime? And get a Trophy at the end.

- Safari Zone and Contests, like the fishing contest and bug catching contest.

- Contests Like in Gen 3. No Musicals or PokeStar Studios.

- BERRIES! Where you can actually plant and water them In-Game. No Dream world crap.

I think that's it C:

Last edited:
    Years
    Also, since we are going to get our first Pokemon from our friend Tierno, I would like to see the other 2 starters we won't get, in the wild. I know this won't happen cause then there is no reason to have to choose between 3 starter Pokemon but I can always hope right? haha

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I kind of want to retain some balance for the non-Mega pokemon, Since you only mega one pokemon in every team that almost guarantees there will be one of these select few in every competitive team, probably EVERY team. We need to make sure this doesn't turn elitist as legendaries and have to ban Megas from the tournaments. (Don't get me wrong, I love megas and Legends, but I don't want them to be the only thing used)

I assume your talking fan only tournaments right?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I want Separate Music for each gym leader instead of the same old theme. So if there's a fairy leader, maybe it should be a bit more feminine and high pitched.

Back