• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hopes for Gen 6

Years
  • DO:
    - More legendaries as possible (at least 20 i guess)
    - Legendaries should have some connection with each other and the story line, not just stay there and wait to get caught like the sword of justice
    - Poison Legendary pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
    - maybe a dark type gym

NIDHOGG !!!!!!!

Sirfetch’d

- More legendaries as possible (at least 20 i guess)
    - Legendaries should have some connection with each other and the story line, not just stay there and wait to get caught like the sword of justice
    - Poison Legendary pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
    - maybe a dark type gym

NIDHOGG !!!!!!!

I definitely would love to see a Poison legendary, and I have a gut feeling we will because it is time, but who knows? I don't think we need more legendaries. There have been so many introduced recently especially in the last 2 generations and add them to the legends from previous gens that can be caught in the games and it is just a little too much. Personally I'd rather stick the the version exclusive legendaries, the 3rd that would complete that trio, the legendary trio(like Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, etc), and maybe 2 or 3 more. You are likely going to have plenty of legendaries from previous gens to catch, so yeah.. I wouldn't personally want too many new ones introduced...especially 20.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I unrealistically hope for X/Y to have minigames. Whether it's things like the pokeathlon, poffin making, super contest dancing, voltorb flip, surfing pikachu, or wifi plaza games. The more, the better.

Unrealistically? Lol.. It's Pokemon, there will probably be so many mini-games you won't even play all of them. I just hope they aren't mandatory like the Poke Musicals in BW2.

I made a video for my hopes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnAAfy5-ehg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I've got a lot of wishin' an not a lot of time to pretend they're goin' to be possible.
    If I posted all of my hopes I think it would be a little too overwhelming to discuss so I'm just going to throw them out in chunks. Let me know what you think!
    Secret Bases
    I personally loved the secret bases featured in the third generation. It was definitely one of those features that is ultimately unnecessary but enjoyable. I love customization, I am over-the-moon excited for the new trainer customization feature, and secret bases were a great way to add your own footprint to the pokemon world. Part of what I loved about the third generation's secret bases was how they were executed. Being able to visit your friend's secret base and getting to kind-of battle them even when they aren't around was really neat (And a nice way to grind.) I also think it's plausible. It's not unlikely that we will get a generation III remake. This could be a great way to link the two games in a way that has never been seen before.

Facial Hair
    I want to give my trainer facial hair. I really like the beard styles featured in Pokemon and I want one for my own character. But before you point it out to me, I do realize it's rather unlikely. Your trainer is still presumably going to be 10, and facial hair is not common on 10-year-olds. If it were done it would have to be one of those features that they don't try to fit into the game logically and just is what it is.

Call forth the Pokegods!

I want to see Mega-evolutions for Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise specifically so I can name them after the fabled Pokegods Sapusaur, Charcolt, and Rainer. Of course we can't leave out Butterfree, Beedrill, Raticate, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Gengar now can we? (These are the Pokegods I am personally most familiar with.) Now I don't want them to necessarily be NAMED that, I would nickname them to have those names, but I would love to give people a little throw-back to the early era of Pokemon-culture.

Glitches
    I am specifically pre-ordering a copy of gen VI because I want the first edition with none of the little glitches that are sure to appear edited out. The beauty of an international release is that it doesn't give the developers a chance to edit out all the fun glitches. Don't get me wrong though, I don't want any glitches that will crash the game or anything like that. I think by this point any glitches Game Freak misses will be basically harmless and easily avoidable in a normal play-through.

A throwback to MissingNo.
    On that same note, I would love to see some in-game acknowledgement of MissingNo. I do, however, recognize that the chances of this are slim to none. MissingNo. is what made my generation one experience for me. TRSRockin' brought about some of the happiest moments in my life back in the day. I would be fine with anything really. A building shaped like MissingNo's block form, heck, I'd even take the fossil forms, a rumor about a weird creature that gives you free items when you encounter it, an in-game placeholder named MissingNo., a Pokemon in the vein of Porygon classified as the 'glitch Pokemon.' I know I'm not the only person who would enjoy seeing some kind of throwback to the classic glitch we all know and love, MissingNo.

Customizable Pokemon
    I hadn't actually thought about it until I saw CazTheGamerGuy's hopes for Pokemon X and Y video (Just a note, I'm not Caz or affiliated with him I just want to give credit where it is due.) I think this is another one of those pipe-dreams that is unlikely to happen. It would be very difficult to make accessories that will work with all the various Pokemon models and, even more so, the animations. But it would be awesome to be able to give your Pokemon their own distinct look and personality. I would also love to be able to customize a Pokemon's texture. I would totally make Orange Island variants of Butterfree, Vileplume, Weepingbell, and Parasect. It would undermine shinies though...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That'd be amazing, Derk. I've always wanted to see that happen. xD

Anyway, I feel that the storyline should continue after we're done with defeating the champion and Elite Four, because it'll give us a good reason to keep playing. It could get quite annoying to run into a Pokémon on almost every step that you take while you're in the grass, so they should try to decrease their wild encounter rate as well. I'd also like them to give us an easier way to catch and evolve our Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Someone mentioned making Houndoom evolve into some sort of Cerberus Pokemon, that would be awesome. Also, more GHOST types, love those creepy critters!

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
    Years
  • a badass poison type or even the first poison legendary (arceus with a toxic plate doesnt count)
    badass poison power moves

and yes, inetresting combo's. by really stretching the typing combo's the possibilities expand so much.
    examples
    ice & bug, poison & electric, steel & grass(idk figure that one out).

how long can we ignore a mega evolution of rapidash into a flaming Pegasus?
    greek & roman mythology is great for pokemon i reckon. chimera as a legendary or new dragon type (some fan art is incredible without being to detailed), gorgon pokemon (medusa) could be a new poison type *hint hint*. i could go on, but i wont..... but i could.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • My main hope is that the game doesn't look as bad as it already does.

DO:
    -Add more mythology-based Pokemon.
    -Add a real fairy for the fairy type. No more of this "PINKU KAWAII DESU DESU" crap, give us something interesting. A Dark/Fairy dualtype would be interesting. It could be a Loki-type trickster. After all, this is supposed to be based off of Norse mythology? Or at least that's what I've heard.
    -Give us a Chinese Dragon. I know the Japanese don't exactly like the Chinese, but hey, they don't like the Americans and they still made a generation based off of us. Plus, it'd be a more traditional dragon, and it would probably be decent-looking.
    -Evolve Houndoom into a Cerberus. And not a Mega Evolution, give us a real evolution. You do still know how to do those, right? But do it correctly. Don't pull a Mega Mewtwo and make the evolved form look weaker than the unevolved form. Remember, huge ANIMOO eyes are out of place on a Cerberus, just like they are out of place on an alien clone.
    -Give us real evolutions (None of this Mega-Digi crap) for past Pokemon. Because some of us actually like Dunsparce and Shuckle.
    -Actually put restrictions into the GTS. No, I don't have a lv9 Reshiram. Stop asking.

DON'T:
    -Shoehorn Pikachu into every single screen. We're sick of him.
    -Keep going with the theme of taking perfectly good Kanto Pokemon and ruining them. Charizard was cool as is. You didn't need to cover him in spikes. Also, Mega Mewtwo looks like it was drawn by a Deviantart user with a username that sounds something like "XxXxX_OTAKU~NYAA_XxXxX.
    -Add approximately 1:04:55 of non-optional tutorials at the beginning. The game's for Everyone. Not mentally challenged toddlers.
    -Make any dungeons that require usage of 6+ HMs. There's a reason people hate Hoenn Victory Road and Mt. Coronet with a passion. We want to raise our team, guys. Not bring along 2 HM Slaves.
    -Make any more mega evolutions. Seriously. Not every Pokemon needs to Digivolve.
    -Make Team Flare a totally-evil, irredeemable group of criminals with no good inside them. While this is obviously not going to happen, it would be nice to at least add a bit of depth to the members.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • My main hope is that the game doesn't look as bad as it already does.

DO:
    -Add more mythology-based Pokemon.
    -Add a real fairy for the fairy type. No more of this "PINKU KAWAII DESU DESU" crap, give us something interesting. A Dark/Fairy dualtype would be interesting. It could be a Loki-type trickster. After all, this is supposed to be based off of Norse mythology? Or at least that's what I've heard.
    -Give us a Chinese Dragon. I know the Japanese don't exactly like the Chinese, but hey, they don't like the Americans and they still made a generation based off of us. Plus, it'd be a more traditional dragon, and it would probably be decent-looking.
    -Evolve Houndoom into a Cerberus. And not a Mega Evolution, give us a real evolution. You do still know how to do those, right? But do it correctly. Don't pull a Mega Mewtwo and make the evolved form look weaker than the unevolved form. Remember, huge ANIMOO eyes are out of place on a Cerberus, just like they are out of place on an alien clone.
    -Give us real evolutions (None of this Mega-Digi crap) for past Pokemon. Because some of us actually like Dunsparce and Shuckle.
    -Actually put restrictions into the GTS. No, I don't have a lv9 Reshiram. Stop asking.

DON'T:
    -Shoehorn Pikachu into every single screen. We're sick of him.
    -Keep going with the theme of taking perfectly good Kanto Pokemon and ruining them. Charizard was cool as is. You didn't need to cover him in spikes. Also, Mega Mewtwo looks like it was drawn by a Deviantart user with a username that sounds something like "XxXxX_OTAKU~NYAA_XxXxX.
    -Add approximately 1:04:55 of non-optional tutorials at the beginning. The game's for Everyone. Not mentally challenged toddlers.
    -Make any dungeons that require usage of 6+ HMs. There's a reason people hate Hoenn Victory Road and Mt. Coronet with a passion. We want to raise our team, guys. Not bring along 2 HM Slaves.
    -Make any more mega evolutions. Seriously. Not every Pokemon needs to Digivolve.
    -Make Team Flare a totally-evil, irredeemable group of criminals with no good inside them. While this is obviously not going to happen, it would be nice to at least add a bit of depth to the members.

We got a proper mythological fairy. Mawile, its based off of an evil creature Futakuchi Ona. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futakuchi-onna

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    Do:
    -Make trainer customization more than just a few accessories.
    -Have trainers look different from others of their class. It's weird that all Youngsters, Lasses, Beauties, and everything else look the same. Like, Team Rocket all have the same hair color. WHAT??? At least colors should be changed.
    -Kingdra --> Sea Beast with Dragon/Water typing. Like, 1/2-Gyarados and 1/2-Kingdra
    -Double Triangle of types (Fennekin Fire/Psychic, Froakie Water/Fighting, Chespin Grass/Dark)
    -Raichu Fairy/Electric-type
    -Make Champion more like Blue/Gary in the sense that they aren't all helpful and friendly. Actually, a character like Hugh+Wally would make a great champion. Determined (Wally), a bit cocky (Blue/Gary), and hotheaded (Hugh).
    -Cameos such as Ethan and Brendan, because they never showed up as an NPC (except as a rival in Brendan's case), and also, include Kris or Lyra somewhere. Actually, having Kris as a character would be really cool (but unlikely). But still.... it would be cool to have her somewhere, even as a minor cameo (PWT-type thing).
    -Make all Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh/Unova starters available.
    -R/S Remakes.
    Spoiler:

Don't:
    -Make battle intros take forever.
    -Mess up Litleo+Evolutions with crappy moveset/stats/etc.
    -Jack up the trainer customization thing.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Do:
    -Make trainer customization more than just a few accessories.
    -Have trainers look different from others of their class. It's weird that all Youngsters, Lasses, Beauties, and everything else look the same. Like, Team Rocket all have the same hair color. WHAT??? At least colors should be changed.
    -Kingdra --> Sea Beast with Dragon/Water typing. Like, 1/2-Gyarados and 1/2-Kingdra
    -Double Triangle of types (Fennekin Fire/Psychic, Froakie Water/Fighting, Chespin Grass/Dark)
    -Raichu Fairy/Electric-type
    -Make Champion more like Blue/Gary in the sense that they aren't all helpful and friendly. Actually, a character like Hugh+Wally would make a great champion. Determined (Wally), a bit cocky (Blue/Gary), and hotheaded (Hugh).
    -Cameos such as Ethan and Brendan, because they never showed up as an NPC (except as a rival in Brendan's case), and also, include Kris or Lyra somewhere. Actually, having Kris as a character would be really cool (but unlikely). But still.... it would be cool to have her somewhere, even as a minor cameo (PWT-type thing).
    -Make all Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh/Unova starters available.
    -R/S Remakes.
    Spoiler:

Don't:

I want a champion with all the traits you've mentioned plus maybe a bit of a jerk who thinks he's better than everyone (like Silver) and thinks no one can defeat him, or her. She or he will make for an interesting champion and depart from the recent six champions who when you meet them seem too grown up. A flawed champion would be a welcome change imo (which is why Blue is one of my favorite champions).

I also want a MegaPoliwrath that's a frog...having finally undergone the full cycle at least for it's Mega evolution.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    KoolKat vs. Lucas; said:
    -3D. Today's equivalent of vibrant color.
    -Some people don't want to pay $5 to transfer Pokemon to complete Pokedex.
    -GameFreak wants money.
    Pretty much perfect timing to remake Ruby/Sapphire and Yellow.
    (Yellow could be remade rather than Red/Blue to create more "fresh" since R/B have already been remade)
    [/SPOILER]
    Don't:

Lol yea because the people who don't want to pay $5 for transfers want to pay $40 for a new game and $129 for another 3ds to complete the pokedex LOL HA HA HA!!!!! CANT STOP LAUGHING LOL!!!!
    Have fun trading pokemon 1 by 1 until you get them all while I just import them by the box homie lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    My hope is to have the overall framerate improved,
    that's all I have to ask GF and Nintendo... :'(
    I remember back in the day how I was disappointed with Gen IV's slow pace,
    Gen V did improve it for the battle... But it was still not in the same level as Gen III.
    If the fps was increased, I will consider buying XY.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • My hope is to have the overall framerate improved,
    that's all I have to ask GF and Nintendo... :'(
    I remember back in the day how I was disappointed with Gen IV's slow pace,
    Gen V did improve it for the battle... But it was still not in the same level as Gen III.
    If the fps was increased, I will consider buying XY.
    I also hope so, hopefully the final product will be better in terms of framerate than the previous two generations, even if it's not fully to Gen 3 levels.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I also hope so, hopefully the final product will be better in terms of framerate than the previous two generations, even if it's not fully to Gen 3 levels.

I also think so too. 60 frames per second to be particular is what we're really looking for.

I had a look at the old Gen.5 speculation thread and some people suggested the return of HGSS's PokeWalker. I like the idea of taking how many steps I've recorded, and it would be a cool surprise to see this again on X & Y. We'll be able to see how far the region spreads in terms of steps taken. It can also be useful for some other things that require steps, such as leveling up Pokemon in the day care to a certain level.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    • I hope the customization we saw was just a sneek-speak and that there is more to it; at least re-coloring clothes and hair style changes.

• A improved weather & Time system that effects Pokémon collections greatly we usually have rain with barely no effect on your catching methods it has been the same since generation 2/3 I hope that there will be a improvement such as having Fog, Hail, Snow, Wind blows depending on current Season. We usually have Day and Night time to effect new Pokémon encounters, I hope to see this return with a improvement system such as Day time, Afternoon time, Sunset time, Night time. It's been standard a very long time so I'd hope they do something about it.

• Hopes for Fennekin to be Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic. I don't mind the Fighting-type but we've already two starters that turned Fighting-type and I personally have grown tired of them. If Fennekin turns Ghost/Psychic for a surprising random reason that would be much better!

• The region is based on Norse Mythology, right? That means Tree of Life which means more air space than ground the reason (I think) for Sky battles. So i'm hoping for Free Sky Roam. Think about it Sky Battles > Encounters in the Sky. Makes sense, right?

• I'm hoping for a thrillin' entrances of Legendary Pokémons during the story. Personally, Giratina was the only Legendary I respected for not falling like a Toy into human hands during the games I hope Gamefreak makes them Epic again.

• Real-life realistic events during the story/after the story such as we had in BW2 with Yancy and Curtis I hope we see similar events in the upcoming game with expansion. I don't mean just riding in some sweet rollercoaster or something like that, havin' fun with your friends together, make a cake together, go to the movie together and stuff like that. A little bit of a social feature, to cut it short.

• Game expansion after the main story is completed: What did we've in the past games? Hollow Tree/Black City, Battlefrontier, Battlezone, Kanto region and stuff like that. I hope Gamefreak does this time something completely different. Something worth playing for after you beat the E4 and the Champion.

• Gameplay Difficulty: We all know that Difficulty is possible now as seen in BW2 games. I'd hope to see this feature return but not after you beat the game but at the start of the game: Easy > Normal > Challenge > Hardcore.

• Battle Performance: A feature or system I've been hoping for, for a long time so I don't have high hopes this generation either, basically a system that rewards you for excellent or good performance that allows you to unlock new areas, new Pokémon encounters, accessories for your Avatar or even improves your Pokémon's stats.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Is the game based solely on Norse mythology ? I've always thought it was just based on Europe ( France and its great little culture ) I hope they have a royalty theme .
    And to be honest I would love to go back to Kanto , I really would . I would like to see how it changed , new gym leaders and a new champion

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Another thing I'd like to see return is Gym Leader rematches, although it's a small thing it's a fun thing to do post-storyline and they didn't have them in Black & White soooo..

Back