• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hopes for Gen 6

Years
    I would love to see gym leader rematches back as well, through the gym though and not at a place like the PWT.. I'd also like to see a full Battle Frontier as well.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
    • I hope the customization we saw was just a sneek-speak and that there is more to it; at least re-coloring clothes and hair style changes.

• Gameplay Difficulty: We all know that Difficulty is possible now as seen in BW2 games. I'd hope to see this feature return but not after you beat the game but at the start of the game: Easy > Normal > Challenge > Hardcore.

Yes, I hope these happen, especially the game difficulty part. I didn't like how BW2 had it so you can only unlock them in the end, and even if you restart your game you would lose those keys, so you had to rely on others... if they had this option in the very beginning, like the language selection, that would be perfect. Hardcore mode would be amazing. :]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yes, I hope these happen, especially the game difficulty part. I didn't like how BW2 had it so you can only unlock them in the end, and even if you restart your game you would lose those keys, so you had to rely on others... if they had this option in the very beginning, like the language selection, that would be perfect. Hardcore mode would be amazing. :]
    Same here, especially for those veterans of the series who could use a challenge.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I loved utilizing the Key System in Black 2 & White 2, primarily for the Difficulty Key but it's still a brilliant feature. I'm hoping they carry this over to X & Y, giving you the option to choose how your gameplay is set in terms of difficulty makes the games so much more versatile and rewarding.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    - Difficulty levels, I like the challenge mode in BW2, I thought I could have been a bit harder like gym leaders having 5/6 pokemons and higher levels gap between them to make it more challenging or make players grind to break even on levels.

- Pokemon Contest, with player customization & pokemon moves actually correspond to the pokemon using it, I think Pokemon Contest would be amazing if it happens. Gen 3/4 Contest was alright since some moves were really ugly <.< But seeing how beautifully moves are being used during the trailers, it reminded me of how cool it would be if we could do that in a Pokemon Contest.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    DO:
    • Go for quality over quantity with the Pokémon introduced. We only need about 110 pokémon at the most.
    • Introduce Fairy-type pokémon that aren't generic Tinkerbell lookalikes. Mawile and Xerneas are a great start.
    • Re-introduce the battle frontier with even better facilities than the underwhelming PWT.
    • Give the evil team depth and don't use it to cop out the player like in the Gen 5 titles.
    • RELEASE A DUNSPARCE EVOLUTION OMG WHY NOT?
    • Make Mega Evolutions that aren't too drastic and are more on the line of pokémon up to their full potential. Mega Blastoise is the best one easily at it feels like a natural progression of Blastiose's design.
    • Re-introduce Pokémon Contests with a real-time battle system at least as a experiment.
    DON'T:
    • Create like 20 legendaries; excessive and stupid.
    • Release more than 2 event pokémon. Gen 5 was awful with this; 4 of them, with he tile going up to 6 if you count Zoura and Zoroark.
    • Don't pander to young children by forcing tutorials down their throat. At the very least make them optional if not even just tell them how to catch a pokémon and throw them into the pokémon world. Sooooo much more immersive than holding there hand through every step.
    • Make a evolution for pokémon that are already OP. Mega Garchomp is a very silly idea, and don't you DARE make a mega evolution to my dear creation trio!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wish they remove that silly feature where you can't nickname traded pokemon.

It's particularly annoying when I want to rename my own migrated pokemon. I plan to nickname my fully evolved pokemon in lowercase (from gen 3 & 4) but if they were to get an evolved form in the future they would be stuck with their previous forms name.

If they just got rid of that feature I'd be really happy.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Give the evil team depth and don't use it to cop out the player like in the Gen 5 titles.
    Don't make a evolution for pokémon that are already OP. Mega Garchomp is a very silly idea, and don't you DARE make a mega evolution to my dear creation trio!

@1 - That's pretty much what every generation is like (in my opinion) I'd hope they do give them more depth this time.
    @2 - I'd flip a domino chain-reaction tables if they make more legendary Mega evolutions. Mewtwo is enough.

WildEagle

Years
    Pokemon League Tournament like in the anime. Seeing how Calem/Serena, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor are all like your "friendly" rivals, it'll be fun having a Pokemon League like in the anime. It can be set-up like in the Driftveil PWT when you first joined it (meaning it's rigged lawl), so something like this:
    Final - vs Serena
    Top 4 - vs Shauna/Tierno/Trevor
    Top 8 - vs Shauna/Tierno/Trevor
    Top 16 - vs Shauna/Tierno/Trevor
    Top 32 - Random NPC
    Preliminary - Random NPC

Plus it reminded me on what Cynthia said in the DP anime, only winners of the Pokemon League can challenge the E4/Champion. So right after you win the tournament, you get to challenge the E4/Champion.

Rivals - They need to bring back a challenging rival like in R/B, ever since G/S all the rivals has been kinda ****. Seriously, how many times did your rival in R/B just pissed you off for popping out of now where and challenge you to a battle? And it goes with the Tournament idea above, it gives Calem/Serena, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor a chance to have a legit team instead of having half-ass team like they gave Silver/Brendan(May)/Wally/Barry(D/P),Cheren & Bianca/Hugh (not counting post-game here) Blue pretty much had the best rival team before post-game and we haven't had that ever since. I just hope X/Y can deliver a challenging rival again.

Years
    Pokemon League Tournament like in the anime. Seeing how Calem/Serena, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor are all like your "friendly" rivals, it'll be fun having a Pokemon League like in the anime. It can be set-up like in the Driftveil PWT when you first joined it (meaning it's rigged lawl), so something like this:
    Final - vs Serena
    Top 4 - vs Shauna/Tierno/Trevor
    Top 8 - vs Shauna/Tierno/Trevor
    Top 16 - vs Shauna/Tierno/Trevor
    Top 32 - Random NPC
    Preliminary - Random NPC

Plus it reminded me on what Cynthia said in the DP anime, only winners of the Pokemon League can challenge the E4/Champion. So right after you win the tournament, you get to challenge the E4/Champion.

Rivals - They need to bring back a challenging rival like in R/B, ever since G/S all the rivals has been kinda ****. Seriously, how many times did your rival in R/B just pissed you off for popping out of now where and challenge you to a battle? And it goes with the Tournament idea above, it gives Calem/Serena, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor a chance to have a legit team instead of having half-ass team like they gave Silver/Brendan(May)/Wally/Barry(D/P),Cheren & Bianca/Hugh (not counting post-game here) Blue pretty much had the best rival team before post-game and we haven't had that ever since. I just hope X/Y can deliver a challenging rival again.
    Speaking of Brandon/May I hope that all the rivals will evolve their Pokemon fully to their final evolutions...I don't know why RSE didn't do that with them...it was one of the few things (if not the only thing) I actually didn't like about those games.

WildEagle

Years
    Speaking of Brandon/May I hope that all the rivals will evolve their Pokemon fully to their final evolutions...I don't know why RSE didn't do that with them...it was one of the few things (if not the only thing) I actually didn't like about those games.

Hoenn failed on giving us a challenging rival. I had hopes for Wally but then he turned out to be crap too -_-

Years
    Hoenn failed on giving us a challenging rival. I had hopes for Wally but then he turned out to be crap too -_-
    If found him pretty tough but I have to agree he wasn't the strongest rival. Hopefully they'll fix that in remakes considering two of his Pokemon gained evolutions in Gen IV and Gardevoir gained the fairy type (or give him a Gallade since his Ralts is male). Of which the latter is rumored to MegaEvolved.

Actually I'll like it if Npc's could MegaEvolve one of their Pokemon too, such as their Signature Pokemon. Maybe the gym leader who teaches us about it will have one of hers MegaEvolve.

WildEagle

Years
    If found him pretty tough but I have to agree he wasn't the strongest rival. Hopefully they'll fix that in remakes considering two of his Pokemon gained evolutions in Gen IV and Gardevoir gained the fairy type (or give him a Gallade since his Ralts is male). Of which the latter is rumored to MegaEvolved.

Actually I'll like it if Npc's could MegaEvolve one of their Pokemon too, such as their Signature Pokemon. Maybe the gym leader who teaches us about it will have one of hers MegaEvolve.

Hopefully since it's rumour/speculate your other rivals will get the 2 other Kanto starters you didn't pick then I wish they'll be able to show off their mega-evolution. (I read it at serebii forums). Hopefully it's true since it'll be pretty cool having a few tough rivals and it makes training different Pokemon quite fun.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'd take out Pokemon Amie, ignore Pokemon following you, remove skating skills, spit on the ability to get the kanto starters early and even make the game 2D JUST to have 60fps. :(

Although the habitat Pokedex thing sounds cool, especially since I'm in a similar position as the OP because I'm also gonna play the game blind.

Hoenn failed on giving us a challenging rival. I had hopes for Wally but then he turned out to be crap too
    Hopes for Gen 6
    To be fair though it's not like rivals were ever hard or anything bar Gary as a champion. Honestly, making the rival less of a nuance like what Hoenn did is much better than ones that are just too annoying. Gary is still the only rival I consider a good one.
    After replaying Heart Gold recently I also realized Hoenn is a region that GOT IT RIGHT with the level and difficulty curve, so it's got that going for it.

I don't another another G/S/C/HG/SS where the difficulty curve and level difference could potentially ruin the whole game because of bad game design, but I trust them because Hoenn/Sinnoh were spectacular regarding that issue. (B/W was too easy though..) It's another make or break for me.

EDIT: Actually I want another pokewalker too...I lost my HG/SS one so I didn't have the chance to take it with me while jogging. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    My two biggest hopes:

- I'd really like to be able to have 6v6 battles that have all Pokémon scaled to 100. They didn't have that in Gen 5, & I want that back.

- Last, I really hope that they don't screw up the stats on the Gen 6 starters like they did with Gen 5, especially with the Fennekin line-up.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    • A improved weather & Time system that effects Pokémon collections greatly we usually have rain with barely no effect on your catching methods it has been the same since generation 2/3 I hope that there will be a improvement such as having Fog, Hail, Snow, Wind blows depending on current Season. We usually have Day and Night time to effect new Pokémon encounters, I hope to see this return with a improvement system such as Day time, Afternoon time, Sunset time, Night time. It's been standard a very long time so I'd hope they do something about it.
    I actually just saw this and wanted to comment on this and explain why this is actually, a very bad idea.

Suppose you want to design your game professionally. What would be important in that case? Stuff like consumer satisfaction, innovation and critical acclaim that would make your game sells. This idea doesn't provide anything but one thing: Negativity. And here's why:
    Having some Pokemon to be only available in a select season would just limit a lot of people's options, for absolutely no reason. What would this benefit? The game is out and I'll be buying it on October, on Autumn, however suppose my favorite Pokemon, Slugma (who isn't by the way), is only available in summer, but I want it on the team now. Here are my options:
    1. Wait around 8 months. But nobody wants this.
    2. Change the DS date, but then it'd go against the game design and it's already something that I shouldn't be doing because the developers designed their games poorly.

See what I mean? It's a poor idea. Animal Crossing is the only game that could get away with it because collecting fish and insects aren't as important or as vital in the games as - you guessed it: Pokemon. Implementing this would just cause too much of a hassle for what benefit? A novelty that would wear off very fast.

Frankly, I find the night/day system to already be bad game design in its own.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I actually just saw this and wanted to comment on this and explain why this is actually, a very bad idea.

Suppose you want to design your game professionally. What would be important in that case? Stuff like consumer satisfaction, innovation and critical acclaim that would make your game sells. This idea doesn't provide anything but one thing: Negativity. And here's why:
    Having some Pokemon to be only available in a select season would just limit a lot of people's options, for absolutely no reason. What would this benefit? The game is out and I'll be buying it on October, on Autumn, however suppose my favorite Pokemon, Slugma (who isn't by the way), is only available in summer, but I want it on the team now. Here are my options:
    1. Wait around 8 months. But nobody wants this.
    2. Change the DS date, but then it'd go against the game design and it's already something that I shouldn't be doing because the developers designed their games poorly.

See what I mean? It's a poor idea. Animal Crossing is the only game that could get away with it because collecting fish and insects aren't as important or as vital in the games as - you guessed it: Pokemon. Implementing this would just cause too much of a hassle for what benefit? A novelty that would wear off very fast.

Frankly, I find the night/day system to already be bad game design in its own.
    I agree that it'd be an obnoxious thing for catching certain Pokemon.

But as a purely aesthetic point of view, I really wish they did more with the weather system. The seasons was a cool little idea, if not implemented enough in the game. They did a little bit with dawn and dusk time of day, but not really enough. More weather effects in battle would be fantastic and refreshing a bit. I would really love a foggy weather (but maybe not a totally common thing.) I just think they could do more with the weather system, just don't have it affect the accessibility of certain Pokemon (or maybe do it on a smaller scale, night and day works alright in my book.)

Definitely agree that we shouldn't have to wait a whole month or something of the sort to be able to catch a Pokemon though.

tnfsf11

I totally agree with the first post & I'm all for whatever "creative" evolution methods they make as long as they don't involve happiness.

Happiness imo is the most retarded evolution method to date; you either have to pay a ****load of money on items to use on your Pokémon or just level it up, both ways are time-wasting & just make absolutely no sense to me.
    Why would a Pokémon need to be spoiled just so it can evolve? Why can't it just not-hate me & that's it?
    My hope is that P-Amie will make happiness evolutions easier, I'm willing to spend a day cuddling my Pokémon just so that I'd be able to evolve it simply by raising it one level.

Speaking of Amie, I hope we don't get too close to our Pokémon that we have to feed them every 5 minutes seconds & take them pooping like in Digimon World, I'd hate to spend money on Poffins just as I would on Fresh Water or Lemonade.

Also moar hopes:
    • Deletable HMs
    • Less event Pokémon
    • Ability to nickname Pokémon anytime, anywhere
    • No silly dialogues monologues like in the case of Nurse Joy & the nooby in-game tutorials
    • Less need for trading in order to complete the National Dex
    • No Zubat/Tentacool spam with "Can't Escape"
    • Good grinding places pre-E4

That's basically it.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    ^ I like all of those, especially the deletable HMs. Such a pain in the ass having to go to a move deleter just for those.

Back