• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM April] POKéMON Turquoise [BETA 1 RELEASED]

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
  • UPDATES (THANKS TO X-BUSTER):
    WOAH YEAH!
    Pokemon Turquoise now has its own official title screen! 8D
    Credits to X-Buster for inserting and Samson for Wujifin's enlarged sprite.
    [HotM April] POKéMON Turquoise [BETA 1 RELEASED]

Like it? I love it!

.aps file? How am I suppose to use this. Sorry I am new to this.
    Download the tool A-Ptch from HackMew's toolbox and patch it to a clean Firered ROM.

Hey tropic,Pokemon turquoise has some glitches of bugs and if people told u well nvm so here goes.
    1.Sometimes the character can leave the body(Well,i dunno what to say but its a bit like u are walking with the screen instead of character)
    If this had been reported pls count this as spam...
    Ah, it's been already important XD
    But no matter. I found a way to fix it and expect it fixed in beta 2!!!

Download A-Ptch from HackMew's toolbox.
    Right.

TS...

These type of posts are starting to be common in your thread.
    Could it be possible for you to post the instructions on how to apply the .aps files on your first post, or provide instructions along with the beta patch?
    It's getting annoying... -,-

Anyways, the Cycling Road(a late reply to that update) looks really nice and neat. ^^
    Nice to see some updates on this hack. ;)
    These posts are preventing me from double-posting XD
    Although I could make a FAQ about it. Thanks ;)

~I'm doing science and I'm still alive~

It looks pretty nice, I have to say, and editing Trainer Tips...I wanted to do that, but couldn't think of anything to write. xD
    Yeah XD
    Really? I just write random stuff about battle items etc.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • um yah... Both of thost patch downloads are for the aps patch, no download for the ips patch.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2011
    I tried downloading this beta but I couldn't play it with no$gba. I was wondering if anyone could help?

Thanks in advance!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Well first off no$ isn't really the top choice for gba emulation. Its better for ds emulation.

Download vba-M (Google it) since its the best gba emulator out now

Make sure your applying the patch to a correct rom. In this case a firered V 1.0 rom.

technomonkey76

Loving PKMN since Red and Blue
    Years
  • VERY Odd glitch

Hi; I found this VERY weird glitch in beta 1.2! To be specific, the glitch clones your sprite, turns the clone to a different color, relocates the clone to the place where the Sunny Day lady was, and offsets your screen to accommodate both sprites. To activate it (I tried this many times and it works every time), all I did was:

1) Go to Eggnest Town
    2) Enter the house by the Sunny Day lady (farthest upper-right house)
    3) Enter, then exit
    4) After exiting, DO NOT MOVE
    5) Open and close your bag while standing in front of the door
    6) The glitch occurs!

When I save and reset the game, all is as it was, but the clone is normally colored; no data was lost! :cheeky: To deactivate the glitch, all you have to do is enter/exit another house. You are not able to talk with the normal sprite, and you cannot pass through him. I just thought I'd share this with you; whether or not this is fixed, I will always keep beta 1.2 on my computer because this glitch was hilarious to use!

EDIT: "Pan glitch": Activate by going to the Pokecandy Shop in the same town and follow steps 3-5 again! Another screenshot is now attached! It basically moves your character w/o moving your sprite, making it take some skill to escape it (you need to go into a house again, like with the "sunny lady glitch". Again, the SD lady disappears, and when you escape the glitch, it looks like you are going back into the PC Shop, when you're actually going into another house.

--TechnoMonkey76

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • PROGRESS - BETA 2 IS VERY CLOSE:
    Spoiler:

The title screen looks awesome Mr. Water! Keep up the good job. /fades
    Thanks for fading XD

um yah... Both of thost patch downloads are for the aps patch, no download for the ips patch.
    Really? That's odd.
    I'll fix it when I get the chance. Thanks

I tried downloading this beta but I couldn't play it with no$gba. I was wondering if anyone could help?

Thanks in advance!
    Erm... What do you mean?
    You should really use VisualBoyAdvance - it's much better than NO$GBA.

Wow the title screen is AWESOME, so much better then the fire red one. I did not know that Wujifin was a dolphin pokemon. I can't wait until the next beta.
    You'll be able to catch Wujifin in beta 3.

Hi; I found this VERY weird glitch in beta 1.2! To be specific, the glitch clones your sprite, turns the clone to a different color, relocates the clone to the place where the Sunny Day lady was, and offsets your screen to accommodate both sprites. To activate it (I tried this many times and it works every time), all I did was:

1) Go to Eggnest Town
    3) Enter, then exit
    6) The glitch occurs!

When I save and reset the game, all is as it was, but the clone is normally colored; no data was lost! :cheeky: To deactivate the glitch, all you have to do is enter/exit another house. You are not able to talk with the normal sprite, and you cannot pass through him. I just thought I'd share this with you; whether or not this is fixed, I will always keep beta 1.2 on my computer because this glitch was hilarious to use!

EDIT: "Pan glitch": Activate by going to the Pokecandy Shop in the same town and follow steps 3-5 again! Another screenshot is now attached! It basically moves your character w/o moving your sprite, making it take some skill to escape it (you need to go into a house again, like with the "sunny lady glitch". Again, the SD lady disappears, and when you escape the glitch, it looks like you are going back into the PC Shop, when you're actually going into another house.

--TechnoMonkey76
    Thanks for informing me, and the good news is, I found a way to fix it!
    I won't release another beta 1 fix, though. Instead, you'll have to wait for beta 2! :)

IPS Patches are way too old ;)
    APS is new generation of patching =)
    Yes, you're right. I still prefer to use IPS, though.

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Spoiler:

So this is what has been going on with this hack in the large amount of time. I have so been outta hacking but I always check the Forums just to see what's going on. Perhaps some day I'll go Hardcore Hacking again! Now it's just when I'm bored or have what ever kind of spare time.

Anyway, I'm loving the title screen! X-Buster did a nice job!
    The rest of the screens really show great aspects of the game!
    Don't forget, I'm still alive...

~Flaming Flarez~

Years
  • New HM move! Cool. Btw, I like your Titel Screen. How did you get rid off the titel screen gilth that occer on the left? Good luck, waiting for beta 2.

technomonkey76

Loving PKMN since Red and Blue
    Years
  • Can't wait for the fixes!

Originally Posted by technomonkey76

1) Go to Eggnest Town
    3) Enter, then exit
    6) The glitch occurs!

When I save and reset the game, all is as it was, but the clone is normally colored; no data was lost! To deactivate the glitch, all you have to do is enter/exit another house. You are not able to talk with the normal sprite, and you cannot pass through him. I just thought I'd share this with you; whether or not this is fixed, I will always keep beta 1.2 on my computer because this glitch was hilarious to use!

--TechnoMonkey76
    Thanks for informing me, and the good news is, I found a way to fix it!
    I won't release another beta 1 fix, though. Instead, you'll have to wait for beta 2!

Thank you; I learned that there are a few other places (I'm sure there's STILL more) where you can open your bag and you will be somebody else or in somebody else's place. In fact, my first game save was almost messed up after I opened my bag on Rt. 136 because I opened my bag and was switched with another player (the player could only go 4 or 5 places, too!). I'm just glad I didn't save it while I was stuck there! Because of that, the glitches aren't much fun anymore, so I can't wait for the fixes in Turquoise B2! I cannot be happier at this moment because of the fact that you found a way to solve the issues. However, I will still go on in B1.2 and try to get as far as the game goes before B2 is released. ;)

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Umm, I don't know if this is a freak thing but in the Beta 1 I got onto the route you go on after beating Murkrow, got into a battle in the first patch of grass, the specific piece being the one that is one space right of the sandy spot that is bear the large mountain-like formation. Upon leaving said wild battle, my character became completly immobile. Once again, this might just be because I am playing the IPS version, or just my luck, but I thought I would say something. I have tried it multiple times and it does work every time. Also, if you talk to Murkrow from the side, it becomes a Nidoran sprite.

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • UPDATES:
    I mapped a route which connects Route 140 ad Marmor City (name might change). That's right, it's Route 141 and it's one of the biggest and one of the most challenging routes in the hack.
    Here are some screen shots:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So this is what has been going on with this hack in the large amount of time. I have so been outta hacking but I always check the Forums just to see what's going on. Perhaps some day I'll go Hardcore Hacking again! Now it's just when I'm bored or have what ever kind of spare time.

Anyway, I'm loving the title screen! X-Buster did a nice job!
    The rest of the screens really show great aspects of the game!
    Don't forget, I'm still alive...

~Flaming Flarez~
    I know you're still alive, but I mastered most of the hacking skills so I currently don't need your help.
    It's just that, I like to do things the way I like them. But if I'll ever need any help, I'll be sure to ask!

New HM move! Cool. Btw, I like your Titel Screen. How did you get rid off the titel screen gilth that occer on the left? Good luck, waiting for beta 2.
    Well, I guess X-Buster just did an extra good job then :)
    Thanks

Thank you; I learned that there are a few other places (I'm sure there's STILL more) where you can open your bag and you will be somebody else or in somebody else's place. In fact, my first game save was almost messed up after I opened my bag on Rt. 136 because I opened my bag and was switched with another player (the player could only go 4 or 5 places, too!). I'm just glad I didn't save it while I was stuck there! Because of that, the glitches aren't much fun anymore, so I can't wait for the fixes in Turquoise B2! I cannot be happier at this moment because of the fact that you found a way to solve the issues. However, I will still go on in B1.2 and try to get as far as the game goes before B2 is released. ;)
    Gee, thanks. I'll run a beta testing myself just to check if there's any of those bugs left.

Umm, I don't know if this is a freak thing but in the Beta 1 I got onto the route you go on after beating Murkrow, got into a battle in the first patch of grass, the specific piece being the one that is one space right of the sandy spot that is bear the large mountain-like formation. Upon leaving said wild battle, my character became completly immobile. Once again, this might just be because I am playing the IPS version, or just my luck, but I thought I would say something. I have tried it multiple times and it does work every time. Also, if you talk to Murkrow from the side, it becomes a Nidoran sprite.
    Both problems are now fixed.
    Thanks for reporting them, and be sure to report more if you find them :)

dwib

I Play Sports
    Years
  • I'm assuming this is a bug, but you can battle wild Magikarp and Lotad on this staircase

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • VERY GOOD UPDATES:
    Again, X-Buster did a wonderful graphical job for Turquoise. This time, it's a world map.

I simply love it!

I'm assuming this is a bug, but you can battle wild Magikarp and Lotad on this staircase
    Oh dear!
    That is a serious bug...
    I'll check why it happens... If there is a sensible reason...
    Haha! XD
    It was caused by some old background bytes, I changed them now.

Thanks for reporting that oddity!

I like the map of route 140. The tiles of Cycle shop it very nice. I hope beta 2 will realease soon. Good luck
    Yeah, credits to Wesley FG.
    And thanks.

Cronus1gd

Mangekyou Sharingan!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    Very good updates. So Glaceon and leafon lacked a '-' Waiting for the new beta = D.

Back