• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM April] POKéMON Turquoise [BETA 1 RELEASED]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
40-jp2.png
-Some new Trainer Tips

What's the tile a few to the right of the player for? I'm not sure I've seen it before...

:)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Just played the recent beta, and I feel that you it needs more movements scripts. Well, for example the start of the hack where your mom gives you the ticket; it looks like she threw the ticket because she gave it in a distance. I hope you get what I mean. xD

Anyways, other that that its great. (b'-')b

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Edited Trainer Tips? O_o
this is the first time I've seen a hack where the owner has bothered to edit Trainer Tips.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
How do you play this hack the file is .aps

It looks really good, Great Job on HotM April, must be really good can't wait to play it

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
In the latest beta, why is the mart in Marblegrave closed? :\

It looks really good, Great Job on HotM April, must be really good can't wait to play it
Go to the toolbox and download HackMew's Advance-Ptch tool.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
UPDATES (finally!):
I've just finished Route 142 that has a Cycling Road on it.
There's also going to be some events going on there...
41-cr1.png
41-cr2.png

41-cr3.png

Of course, the real version will be filled with Bikers :badsmile:

Credits to Wesley FG and Newtiteuf for the Cycling Road tiles.

What's the tile a few to the right of the player for? I'm not sure I've seen it before...

:)
It's a new HM; Tunnel. You have to dig the hole and then it transports you to another hole :D

Just played the recent beta, and I feel that you it needs more movements scripts. Well, for example the start of the hack where your mom gives you the ticket; it looks like she threw the ticket because she gave it in a distance. I hope you get what I mean. xD

Anyways, other that that its great. (b'-')b
I get what you mean, it's just that the problem is, Mom doesn't have any walking poses.
And, there's always a simple logical explanation. For example, she could have just thrown it :)

Edited Trainer Tips? O_o
this is the first time I've seen a hack where the owner has bothered to edit Trainer Tips.

You download A-Ptch from HackMew's toolbox and then patch it to a clean FireRed ROM.

Also, thanks :)

In the latest beta, why is the mart in Marblegrave closed? :\

Go to the toolbox and download HackMew's Advance-Ptch tool.
The mart is closed? Ah, silly me XD
I forgot to put a warp there :P

Maybe it's for the TM Dig.
Close, but that's not it. It's for the HM Tunnel. :)

Umbreon_

muwahh
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 21, 2010
Wowww~

What a nice update! : D

Totally love that Cycling Road. <3

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
UPDATES (finally!):
I've just finished Route 142 that has a Cycling Road on it.
There's also going to be some events going on there...
41-cr1.png
41-cr2.png

41-cr3.png

Of course, the real version will be filled with Bikers :badsmile:

Credits to Wesley FG and Newtiteuf for the Cycling Road tiles.

Very nice :) I love Wesley tiles.

I have one question (because I'm annoying like that :P) are you kept on your bike on the cycling road? If so can you get off the bike in the green area?

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
I played this hack recently and liked it quite a bit (it's named after my favorite stone after all ^^), but some things in it bugged me a little.

1) In the beginning when you have to collect ingredients for the Pika-chew (great name btw), the player could easily screw themselves over if they had spent all their money before being told to buy the two Moomoo Milks (though I suppose you could catch a zigzagoon and hope it picks up a Nugget somewhere, but the player shouldn't have to rely on tricks like that to progress in a game, you know?).

2) The way all the PCs stopped working after going to Marblegrave. I had caught a fakemon in Granite Cave that I wanted to try out but now I can't because all the PCs are dead :(

3) That darn "transferring control to NPC sprite after closing the item screen or exiting a battle" glitch. That glitch really chapped my hide in Pokemon Topaz >.>

4) I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but the guy with Bill's sprite who appears right next to your house is just begging to be talked to but freezes the game if you do. I lost a bit of progress because of him =/

I think that's everything. Sorry if I seem a bit naggy, I just want this hack to be good. Call it tough love :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
UPDATE:
Yes this time it's only one update.
Beta 2 is getting closer and closer so keep your eyes peeled! :P

Here are some screens from Beta 2's event.
42-gr1.png
42-gr2.png
42-gr3.png

Wowww~

What a nice update! : D

Totally love that Cycling Road. <3
Thanks for loving it XD
It's short in length, but I guess the many Bikers on it make it up :P

Very nice :) I love Wesley tiles.

I have one question (because I'm annoying like that :P) are you kept on your bike on the cycling road? If so can you get off the bike in the green area?
I'll try to do that. Thanks

I played this hack recently and liked it quite a bit (it's named after my favorite stone after all ^^), but some things in it bugged me a little.

1) In the beginning when you have to collect ingredients for the Pika-chew (great name btw), the player could easily screw themselves over if they had spent all their money before being told to buy the two Moomoo Milks (though I suppose you could catch a zigzagoon and hope it picks up a Nugget somewhere, but the player shouldn't have to rely on tricks like that to progress in a game, you know?).

2) The way all the PCs stopped working after going to Marblegrave. I had caught a fakemon in Granite Cave that I wanted to try out but now I can't because all the PCs are dead :(

3) That darn "transferring control to NPC sprite after closing the item screen or exiting a battle" glitch. That glitch really chapped my hide in Pokemon Topaz >.>

4) I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but the guy with Bill's sprite who appears right next to your house is just begging to be talked to but freezes the game if you do. I lost a bit of progress because of him =/

I think that's everything. Sorry if I seem a bit naggy, I just want this hack to be good. Call it tough love :)
Thanks for your review and I'll try to fix everything you have mentioned for beta 2.

Can u giv me a new link i have problems using that website.
Really? Expect to see a mirror tomorrow on the first page (hopefully).
EDIT: Here you go: http://rapidshare.com/files/389555777/Pokemon_Turquoise_BETA_1.2.aps.html

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2012
Hey thx Tropical Sunlight played some of it and it rawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thx for the new link.Appreciate it,good luck on beta 2!!!!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
NOTICE:
I've been thinking, then I've been playing HG, then I've been doing both at once and I came up with this idea.
How about having Caterpie and evolutions + Weedle and evolutions in Turquoise?
And I've decided. They will be in the hack.

I've also added Numel & Camerupt.

lol! "doing science" XD

Those screens look nice. Good to see ample progression towards Beta 2.
Hehe, thanks :D

Hey thx Tropical Sunlight played some of it and it rawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thx for the new link.Appreciate it,good luck on beta 2!!!!
I'm glad to hear that.
A compliment is always good to hear

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2012
Hey tropic,Pokemon turquoise has some glitches of bugs and if people told u well nvm so here goes.
1.Sometimes the character can leave the body(Well,i dunno what to say but its a bit like u are walking with the screen instead of character)
If this had been reported pls count this as spam...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
TS...

.aps file? How am I suppose to use this. Sorry I am new to this.

These type of posts are starting to be common in your thread.
Could it be possible for you to post the instructions on how to apply the .aps files on your first post, or provide instructions along with the beta patch?
It's getting annoying... -,-

Anyways, the Cycling Road(a late reply to that update) looks really nice and neat. ^^
Nice to see some updates on this hack. ;)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
~I'm doing science and I'm still alive~

It looks pretty nice, I have to say, and editing Trainer Tips...I wanted to do that, but couldn't think of anything to write. xD

Back