• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
They were Pirates. They put his game onto a game cart and made money off it.
Thats the price of fame. Zel has the same problem, they sold his SHiny Gold on fake gamecarts.

And Mitchel I've finished the textbox after chrashing the rom about 6000000 times, so when your online I'll send it.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
You are one of, if not the most graphically talented people here on PC. ;D

Thnx ^^

@Jasumin: Thnx ^^ and thnx again for the offer but I've improved my mapping ^^

@jupio1234: Thnx ^^ and yes srry, I've fixed it in the first post. and thnx for the offer but i don't need any help yet ^^

@xXleaftechXx: Thnx ^^ and yes there will be some D/P pokemon, not alot, example: Piplup (evo's) Turtwig (Evo's) Chimchar (Evo's) Bonsly, munchlax, giratina (and maby some others but those will be 100% in-game)

@Mac_Mini: Thnx and np ^^

@Rigel_101, InfiniteVoid: Thnx ^^

@~Watermelon: Thnx ^^ and thnx again for report the good name i'll fix it soon ^^^

@Daikari: Thnx ^^

@Mitchman Is: Thnx ^^

@ckret2: Thnx ^^ and about the "stolen by Japanese people" that's because lifeless people (japanese again xD) stole that hack and sold it on Ebay.. look under the name Pokemon Dark cry at google and watch the pics funcion in google. You'll see what I meen.. And those lifeless people wrote on the book Dard cry >.<

@~Watermelon: Yes.

@liban_828: Thnx ^^ and then you can wait long :P I've just started it.

~Ontopic:
Hello people today first some news, I'm going to release a alpha after I've finished the first gym, so you can enjoy the advanture of dark cry earlyer.
------------------------------------------------
And now back to the updates, Today I've inserted two new intro sprites, a new gold intro sprite in D/P style (MADE BY ME! was about 2 hours work..., I've only used the D/P skelet.)
And a new intro sprite from the D/P rival (Recollord and make it small by me)
-----------------------------------------------
Also I've two sreen shots from the new route 1 (Route 501)
------------------------------------------------
and I've took two screens from the new cae that has been located there, the hydronic cave here a mystery will keep, there a grwoing trees without any resone. and also a screensshot from the top from the cave here you'l meet your second rival, named (Don't tell yet) she had the same dream about the big shadow and Team Rocket, but she saw it better.. more I don't tell.
--------------------------------------------------
30kswut.png

Kyledove: tiles, pallet, OW's
Alistair: tiles
Pey: Tiles
WesleyFG: Tile(s)
Sergio--: Moon and star tiles (Don't know for sure, If you made them tell it me then I'll put you in the credits!)

10ogqhh.png

Gold intro sprite (D/P) and Rival (D/P) (Old/New!)
2vx4leh.png
sksi.png

Route 501 In-game screens (New!)
2vru2oi.png
m9rouv.png

Mt. Hydronic In-game screens (New!)
25h0pc8.png
5nkhgg.png

That was all people
-----------------------------
~Mitchel1

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
The wild grass looks like... dunno, cabbage?
I suggest you at least change the palletes as it looks like the rombase you've released.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
The wild grass looks like... dunno, cabbage?
I suggest you at least change the palletes as it looks like the rombase you've released.

Ok I'll take a look for the grass and will change it ^^
and about pallets, I know the seems like the pallet I've used for my rom-base, I'll change them soon when I've fond a better pallet.
----------------------------------------------
~Mitchel1

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
I think the trees in the cave look good, something you don't usually see and feasable.
Good luck with this, it looks great.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
LOL.
All the caves are natural, they'd be called tunnels instead.
Trees can't be inside a cave.
If you don't fix it it'll really spoil my opinion of the hack which I don't really prefer :(

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
the updates look good, however, I agree with Watermelon that trees aren't inside caves... :\
logically, sunlight is absent there.

also...

if the rival here puts his arms at ease, it'll reach the knees, which isn't normal. :\
conclusion, the arms are too long and the head is too big.

anyways, nice updates and keep up the good work~

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
This hack really has potential. I hope to see more of it soon. Good luck.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
the updates look good, however, I agree with Watermelon that trees aren't inside caves... :\
logically, sunlight is absent there.

also...

if the rival here puts his arms at ease, it'll reach the knees, which isn't normal. :\
conclusion, the arms are too long and the head is too big.

anyways, nice updates and keep up the good work~

About the tree's in cave I've delete them ;) so no worry ^^
about the rival I'll take a look for it, It's not easy to resize everything from D/P to FR/LG format. and thnx ^^

@~Watermelon: About the pallet i can't find a other great pallet, this pallet is the best for me to map with ^^ I relized that after I've released that rom-base. but this one has a better pallet than the rom-base. and ofcorse tiles.

@To the other people: Thnx ^^

~Ontopic:
Today some new screen updates ^^, If I'm done with mapping t/m purity Forest then I'll going to script everything. Purity Forest will be the last map that I still need to map for aplpha release. Now the updates.

Credits:
Metagross: Torn world tiles (ripped from Pokemon platinum)
Frank$or: tile
Kyledove: tiles
Saurav: Tile(s)

Screens:
Atlernion City (New!)
ifsd3m.png
2ymyqg0.png

2s0mwz8.png

Torn world (New!)
(You can come here in the alpha release, in your second dream ^^)
k4i6ac.png

Hydronic Cave (WIP) (New!)
11ugcvm.png
2lb00uf.png

-------------------------------
~Mitchel1

Years
Coole hack Mitchel, zo vet dat eindelijk naast de D/P tiles van Kyledove, ook deze tiles worden gebruikt. Succes met je hack ;)

Translation:
Cool hack Mitchel, so cool that those Kyledove's tiles are being used aside from the D/P tiles from him.
Good luck with your hack ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back