• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
"This is how you use the buttons"... DX Yeah, I know what you mean... And it really does make sense that you wouldn't be getting some cheerful well-wishing when you show up with fainted pokemon. Well-wishing has got to be rare in Team Rocket even when you DON'T screw up. *laughs at the thing about Engrish*

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Oh, I forgot to point out a couple of things. I'm not sure if you're doing it on purpose, but anyway.

First of all, I'm pretty sure that cubones and marowaks are not native to Lavender town. They're just buried there. This may be just me, but personally I think it would be more realistic for the mission to take place somewhere like the Safari Zone.

Also, you do remember that the Rockets were first encountered stealing fossils from Mt. Moon, right? :P

That's about it, I think

Last edited:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Oh, I forgot to point out a couple of things. I'm not sure if you're doing it on purpose, but anyway.

First of all, I'm pretty sure that cubones and marowaks are not native to Lavender town. They're just buried there. This may be just me, but personally I think it would be more realistic for the mission to take place somewhere like the Safari Zone.

Also, you do remember that the Rockets were first encountered stealing fossils from Mt. Moon, right? :P

That's about it, I think

Hey, thanks for the comments, but actually, yep, it's all intentional. Cubone are native to Pokémon Tower; if you check the Wild Pokémon data for Pokémon Tower floors 3, 4, 5, and 6, wild Cubone can be found there. And if the Cubone were just buried and it's dead Cubone there, or the ghosts of Cubone, then there would be ghosts of all the kinds of Pokémon there, instead of Ghastly and Haunter. No, the Cubone are definitely alive. As to the one ghost Marowak, the game says that the ghost Marowak was killed by Team Rocket in the Tower defending its offspring Cubone from the Rockets. Besides, Team Rocket has a known presence in Pokémon Tower, so it makes more sense for them to be there early on than it does for them to be in the Safari Zone, where there's no canon game evidence that they've ever shown up. (Actually, I will be doing something minor with the Safari Zone later on, but it's not a big operation like their projects in and around Saffron.)

And yes, I know that Team Rocket is first encountered by Red (generic name for the original game hero) in Mt. Moon. :P That doesn't mean they were ONLY in Mt. Moon when Red ran into them, though. By the time Red beats Misty and tries to go into the north gate of Saffron City, Team Rocket has already completely taken the place over, since the guards won't let him in. Since taking over an entire city, especially one with such powerful trainers in it as Sabrina's trainers and the Fighting Dojo, must be really hard, odds are that Team Rocket has had a strong presence in the Celadon-Saffron-Lavender area since long before Red even got his first Pokémon. This is a Team Rocket game, but you aren't Jessie, James, and Meowth; you're not following the twerp from Pallet Town around from city to city, heh. News will reach the Saffron base that some strange kid made mincemeat of the Grunts in Mt. Moon about the time you get back from your first mission in Lavender Town, and you'll meet Red yourself fairly soon after that. Mt. Moon will come up again later on in the plot, too, though probably not in a way you'd expect.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Brilliant. Just making sure.

I look forward to getting that PM from you, I'm starting to get really excited about this game.

Oh, and I've figured out how to do maps, so I can help with that now. And once I brush up some more on it, I can help with scripting too.

Actually, I think I'll pm you first. :P

Years
Sabrine, Koga, Lt. Surge

Ok i think this looks great just wanted to say that Sabrina, Koga, and Lt. Surge are all part of team rocket so sabrina wouldn't get upset. Love ur idea.

ckret2

Years
Brilliant. Just making sure.

I look forward to getting that PM from you, I'm starting to get really excited about this game.

Oh, and I've figured out how to do maps, so I can help with that now. And once I brush up some more on it, I can help with scripting too.

Actually, I think I'll pm you first. :P

XD Okay, cool. I'll go check my inbox. What are you learning to script with, by the way? XSE? I'm fairly fluent in XSE by now, and have figured out how to not destroy the hack with AdvanceText. (Took a couple of tries, though. Thank goodness for back-up files.)

Ok i think this looks great just wanted to say that Sabrina, Koga, and Lt. Surge are all part of team rocket so sabrina wouldn't get upset. Love ur idea.

Heh, manga canon? As fun as it would be for over half of the Kanto gym leaders to be at least partially associated with Team Rocket, I'm sticking mostly to game canon. So, among the gym leaders in Kanto, there will be one officially associated with Team Rocket (Giovanni, naturally), one ex-Rocket, and one father of a future Rocket.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
XD Okay, cool. I'll go check my inbox. What are you learning to script with, by the way? XSE? I'm fairly fluent in XSE by now, and have figured out how to not destroy the hack with AdvanceText. (Took a couple of tries, though. Thank goodness for back-up files.)

Yes, I'm using XSE, seeing as it seems to be the new standard. A pity that most of the tuts for it are out of date now. XD

Truth be told, I'm rather disappointed with both XSE and Advance Map. Not being able to delete script/maps is...stupid. And there are other features beside that I would like to see. Maybe another day though.

I haven't had a chance to play with Advance Text or any other tools yet. I will soon though. :)

ckret2

Years
Yes, I'm using XSE, seeing as it seems to be the new standard. A pity that most of the tuts for it are out of date now. XD

Truth be told, I'm rather disappointed with both XSE and Advance Map. Not being able to delete script/maps is...stupid. And there are other features beside that I would like to see. Maybe another day though.

I haven't had a chance to play with Advance Text or any other tools yet. I will soon though. :)

Actually, Advance Text lets you sort of delete scripts; you can overwrite the text of the original scripts with new text. The only flaw is that unless your new text has the exact same number of characters as the old script, Advance Text has to repoint the data when it saves the script; my experience with repointing can pretty much be summed up with "don't even think about it." There are ways to do it safely and properly without messing things up, but I don't know them yet, and so for the most part I'd rather just make a new script before risking messing things up by repointing the data.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
There are some tutorials for that you know. It isn't nearly as complex as you think.

But yes, it may be better to just stick with scripting. :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Dude.

..you've made this more epic than it could possibly be. I mean, you've even got Disturbed willing to help, which means a lot. He's one of the best mappers around here, FYI. :)

But really.. I want to play it now. *twitches*

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Thank you very much! Mapping would be helpful, actually, since I'm gonna have to remake Johto (or most of it) eventually. Since that'll mostly be copying from G/S/C, it's more time-consuming than anything else.

And, do you have much experience making caves? I'm adding another basement level connecting Mt. Moon to Cerulean Cave (because Mewtwo thinks it's funny to open a gaping pit underneath the player's feet), but my caves are rather ugly.
Putting my mapping to use with Johto? Ah well, it's your hack, you're the boss.
And I love making caves. If you would like to give me more information on what you want in the cave, PM me, because I really can't run with such low detail :(

BoL!

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Dude.

..you've made this more epic than it could possibly be. I mean, you've even got Disturbed willing to help, which means a lot. He's one of the best mappers around here, FYI. :)

Me too. But the game just isn't ready yet. :P

ckret2

Years
This looks great!
And the Rockets really have big heads.
Maybe because there's too much vacuum in it :)

Grunts aren't known for being the brightest bunch, heh.

... Yeah, now that you mention it, the overworlds are a little big-headed. The girl and the rival, at least; it's hard to tell where the head should stop when the original OWs you're working with have a hat or spiky hair. I'll see what I can do to make them a more natural size. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dude.

XD I'm working as fast as I can! But I'm being careful. I've got to make one script right at the beginning that's triggered the moment you step into a room, and includes setting at least three different flags. ...Four flags, actually. Yeah. So I'm practicing my scripting on less difficult tasks before I attempt that one. :P

Putting my mapping to use with Johto? Ah well, it's your hack, you're the boss.
And I love making caves. If you would like to give me more information on what you want in the cave, PM me, because I really can't run with such low detail :(

BoL!

PM has been sent! With a ridiculous amount of information. And sorry if remaking Johto isn't all that interesting; I'll probably be doing quite a bit myself, if that helps. And at least it won't be all of the maps, since some of the locations might be cut out as inaccessible. Whirl Islands, for one; the exteriors will still be there, but they're unnecessary to the plot and you don't get Whirlpool anyway. (In any case, there's a different opportunity to get Lugia.)

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Sounds great! I look forward to hearing more from you. :) (In the form of screenshots :P)

ckret2

Years
Sounds great! I look forward to hearing more from you. :) (In the form of screenshots :P)

XD Soon as I get some more! Right now most of the screenshots would be of random dialogue in Saffron and Route 8. Not much eye-candy, I'm afraid.

Y'now nothings wrong with big-heads, look at the heads on the sprites in DPP, their HUGE and people still like them (I don't but that's just me) so I suggest you keep them.

Thanks. (And I was wondering if I was just imagining that the DPP sprites were proportioned differently...) Still, I'd like to keep the style consistent with other sprites from FR/LG, so that they fit in with the environment better. So I'll just reshape the hair a bit at the top.

ChibiVamp

>>RETRO GAMER<<
Years
this is..... AWESOME!!!! stealing pokemon, running from the law, not faffing about in gyms. PERFECT team rocket game! cant wait till it's done XD
edit: ohohoh and the idea of replacing HMs with key items would be great! like the magikarp sub and like a small axe to replace cut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back