• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
  • this is..... AWESOME!!!! stealing pokemon, running from the law, not faffing about in gyms. PERFECT team rocket game! cant wait till it's done XD
    edit: ohohoh and the idea of replacing HMs with key items would be great! like the magikarp sub and like a small axe to replace cut.

Thanks, glad you like! :D So far, replacing HMs with key items is being problematic. I haven't found a way to get that to work yet. In the end that feature might have to be cut, but I'm still looking for a way to make it work! (And yes, if I do find a way to keep the feature, there will definitely be the Magikarp sub. That's why I wanted to replace the HMs in the first place, heh.)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Hey, remember, if you ever need help doing anything, I'm here. I mean, even for like the boring stuff. I'm good at dialogue and stuffz too.. :P

*takes a support bar and runz*

Edit: OHDANG YOO DUZNT HAZ A SUPPORT BAR ._.

*goes to make a support bar*

Edit2: I made one. :P

toxicpurpleuserbar.png

To use, have people put in the following code:
    Vrai's support bar manual :P said:
    [url*=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=167323][img*]http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp351/Vrai_2/toxicpurpleuserbar.png[/img*][/url*]
    Don't forget to remove the asterisks.. :D

Last edited:

ckret2

Years
  • Hey, remember, if you ever need help doing anything, I'm here. I mean, even for like the boring stuff. I'm good at dialogue and stuffz too.. :P

*takes a support bar and runz*

Edit: OHDANG YOO DUZNT HAZ A SUPPORT BAR ._.

*goes to make a support bar*

Edit2: I made one. :P

toxicpurpleuserbar.png

Oh, wow, thank you! :D I made one myself, but put it in my signature and didn't bother to put a link up because I didn't think it was that great. Yours looks so professional, though! Thanks, I'm adding this to the first post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    urm...maybe it sound hard but i've watch thiz pokemon movie that tell about pokemon called celebi who was caught by evil team by "Dark Ball" n then turn celebi into "Dark Celebi"...so...could u make this "Dark Ball" n any pokemon that caught by it will turn into evil pokemon n had it power double...i mean 25% of it power rises will be enough for the dark tittle...n to make it easy[i think] the pokemon that catch by this "Dark Ball" will not evolve anymore...moreover, this ball can be found on special rocket mart that hide in each town or city...i think u should add rocket's center b'cos we are grunt right?? so we must had our own pokemon center...to tell u the truth im no good on hacking....hope this idea is enough for u to consider....for other event if u wish to take it from me just PM me...i'll always on the comp....anyway sory for my bad english..

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    urm...maybe it sound hard but i've watch thiz pokemon movie that tell about pokemon called celebi who was caught by evil team by "Dark Ball" n then turn celebi into "Dark Celebi"...so...could u make this "Dark Ball" n any pokemon that caught by it will turn into evil pokemon n had it power double...i mean 25% of it power rises will be enough for the dark tittle...n to make it easy[i think] the pokemon that catch by this "Dark Ball" will not evolve anymore...moreover, this ball can be found on special rocket mart that hide in each town or city...i think u should add rocket's center b'cos we are grunt right?? so we must had our own pokemon center...to tell u the truth im no good on hacking....hope this idea is enough for u to consider....for other event if u wish to take it from me just PM me...i'll always on the comp....anyway sory for my bad english..

One word...
    IMPOSSABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats impossible to do without ASM.
    And nobody but M_X or Hackmew could probably do that.

ckret2

Years
  • urm...maybe it sound hard but i've watch thiz pokemon movie that tell about pokemon called celebi who was caught by evil team by "Dark Ball" n then turn celebi into "Dark Celebi"...so...could u make this "Dark Ball" n any pokemon that caught by it will turn into evil pokemon n had it power double...i mean 25% of it power rises will be enough for the dark tittle...n to make it easy[i think] the pokemon that catch by this "Dark Ball" will not evolve anymore...moreover, this ball can be found on special rocket mart that hide in each town or city...i think u should add rocket's center b'cos we are grunt right?? so we must had our own pokemon center...to tell u the truth im no good on hacking....hope this idea is enough for u to consider....for other event if u wish to take it from me just PM me...i'll always on the comp....anyway sory for my bad english..

Interesting idea, but (like Mac_Mini said) not really feasible; and even if it were, that wouldn't be a good idea for this particular hack.

First of all, in game canon (at least the main game line, not counting stuff like Shadow Pokémon from XD), Pokémon that belong to Team Rocket aren't artificially turned evil. Several characters (including Professor Elm, I think) have said that if a Pokémon is evil, it's because it's obeying an evil trainer, and for no other reason.

Second, while a game might be made more difficult if the Pokémon you're fighting against is twice as strong as it's supposed to be, it's made a lot easier if your Pokémon is twice as strong. In the original game, when you're fighting against the bad guys, the bad guys are supposed to be a lot stronger than you (or at least there are a lot more of them) because if you're twice as strong as the bad guys, the game gets boring.

It's fun in the original games when you fight against Team Rocket because you're a one-man battling machine, fighting against an army of hardened criminals, and so it's really cool and really amazing when you beat them all. Now I'm trying to turn it around, and suddenly you're just one little soldier in the criminal army, and the only canon opposition you have is this one guy who you're going to be able to beat someday. That's a huge shift in gameplay, and suddenly all the advantages are stacked in YOUR favor instead of the game's. I'm working hard now to power up the opposition so that it seems like you're really up against something that poses a genuine threat to Team Rocket, so that at the end when you prevail, it's YOU who are overcoming the odds, and not just helping the obvious happen. No matter what side you're playing on, you have to be the underdog for the game to be interesting.

But if you get special Pokéballs that power up your Pokémon (even if it prevents them from evolving too), that's stacking the odds in your favor again.

As for a Rocket Pokémon Center, I've already got something like that; the hidden Rocket bases (like the one under the Game Corner) will have nurses that will heal your Pokémon, and various towns will have Rocket operatives living in normal houses who will heal you, kinda like how in the original games your mom in Pallet Town will heal your Pokémon. No "Rocket Pokémon Centers" or "Rocket Marts" though, like a Pokémon Center or PokéMart but evil. Think about the real world--for example, its hospitals. Do organized criminals in the real world have a Mafia Hospital sitting across the street from a normal Law-Abiding Citizen Hospital, so that Mafia thugs can get their wounds cleaned in safety when the police shoot at them? If a criminal gets injured, he goes to other criminals for help by hiding out in their houses, or he bribes off doctors to come take care of him in an undisclosed location, or he uses his boss's connections to get into a hospital secretly and then secretly leave when he's patched up.

If you're on Team Rocket and you want to heal your Pokémon, you've got to find a Rocket Base like in Celadon or find someone else who supports Team Rocket. If you want to buy stuff, you find a Rocket with a stolen stash of Antidotes to sell, or a little kid that will sell you Poké Balls for $400 each (he's a little con artist, the brat), or a vending machine with Lemonade.

Sorry for the tl;dr, but I felt like if I'm gonna say I'm not going to use the idea, I should give some good reasons why--besides that it probably wouldn't work.

...On the bright side, you WILL be able to catch Celebi.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I have a little idea;

In a Pokémon Center, y'know how it has the Pokéball in the middle of the room? I think it'd be cool if you could have an "R" for Team Rocket in the evil Pokémon Center/Marts. I'd make the tiles myself, but I have little to no graphical skillz. :/

ckret2

Years
  • I have a little idea;

In a Pokémon Center, y'know how it has the Pokéball in the middle of the room? I think it'd be cool if you could have an "R" for Team Rocket in the evil Pokémon Center/Marts. I'd make the tiles myself, but I have little to no graphical skillz. :/

I actually thought about that, and yeah, it WOULD be cool. I'm too busy with scripting the first few events right now to mess with the tiles, but I'll probably do something like that later.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'll give it a go. Maybe I'll actually make something good.

ckret2

Years
  • I'll give it a go. Maybe I'll actually make something good.

Thanks, and good luck! The Rockets' rough equivalent of a Pokémon Center looks like this:

zyg4eo.png

I'm not using the usual Pokémon Center floor tiles, so a Rocket R would have to match these tiles.

(By the way, I've already got some custom tiles in the Pokémon Center tileset, like those walls; so, if you know of a way to insert new tiles without overwriting the whole tileset, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.)

soyeahimbored

Originality at its best
    Years
  • This looks absolutely amazing. Cannot wait for a beta or even a video to come out, hell even more screen shots would be nice. ^_^

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see this when it comes out. =]

ckret2

Years
  • This looks absolutely amazing. Cannot wait for a beta or even a video to come out, hell even more screen shots would be nice. ^_^

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see this when it comes out. =]

Thanks, glad you're interested! (And another thanks for taking the support bar.) Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to make a video of the ROM--I'm working on a Mac--but I'll try to put up some more screen shots soon. If I find a way to make videos of the emulator on a Mac, I'll put up a video of the intro.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Do you happen to be using VBA? If you are, you can create a video on it. Just go to Tools>Record>Start AVI Recording, and then you proceed to make a video with that. Afterwards, you can go through with some sort of video editor (I use Windows Movie Maker, but I'm not using a Mac :P), and upload to YouTube from there.

ckret2

Years
  • Do you happen to be using VBA? If you are, you can create a video on it. Just go to Tools>Record>Start AVI Recording, and then you proceed to make a video with that. Afterwards, you can go through with some sort of video editor (I use Windows Movie Maker, but I'm not using a Mac :P), and upload to YouTube from there.

Apparently, the Mac version of VBA doesn't have that. None of the menus give an option for Tools, Record, or Start anything, or any other options that sound like they'd perform the same function.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

soyeahimbored

Originality at its best
    Years
  • Thanks, glad you're interested! (And another thanks for taking the support bar.) Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to make a video of the ROM--I'm working on a Mac--but I'll try to put up some more screen shots soon. If I find a way to make videos of the emulator on a Mac, I'll put up a video of the intro.

Hrm, I used to run on a Mac but now i am back on a PC so I am of no help there. >_<
    If I was really good at rom hacking I would offer my services but I think I would most likely be a burden then a help. haha. >_<

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • This looks pretty damn good.
    Since this game coexists with r/b and g/s wouldn't you be able to implement some kind of system so you could steal from Oak / Elm and using flags to make a certain decision at some point in the game decide which pokemon red and gold choose and leave the remaining pokemon to be stolen
    speaking hypothetically:
    you steal a certain trainers pokemon
    this event sets a flag
    when that flag is set red chooses charmander
    because of this blue takes squirtle
    this leaves bulbasaur in oaks lab and you can steal it

and depending on the flags that are set a different pokemon is left behind by red and blue.

how's that sound? :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back