• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • uh...is this rp or what? XD sorry im new
    No, a hack is a modified version of a game, this is a modified version of a Pokemon game. The modification can be a patch that adds a few things, a complete change, leaving no or few traces of the former game, a redisign, which just changes the look of a game, or a remake of a game such as making Pokemon Gold more modern, If you have ever heard of Pokemon Shiny Gold or Pokemon Liquid Crystal, those are remakes of Gold Silver (Shiny Gold) and Crystal (Liquid Crystal). And welcome to PokeCommunity (PC for short).

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Gah I should've been watching the thread!

Wow, thats all I can say. No rom hack has been this unique, not even the origional Rocket Hack, Rockets Revenge Don't kill me EV!
    This hack is just making me jump with acitement, it could go all the wa and win HOTY!
    Still I'm here to help.
    I can take screenshots and make videos for you if you like?

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Hrm, I used to run on a Mac but now i am back on a PC so I am of no help there. >_<
    If I was really good at rom hacking I would offer my services but I think I would most likely be a burden then a help. haha. >_<

Well, thanks for the offer. XD

This looks pretty damn good.
    Since this game coexists with r/b and g/s wouldn't you be able to implement some kind of system so you could steal from Oak / Elm and using flags to make a certain decision at some point in the game decide which pokemon red and gold choose and leave the remaining pokemon to be stolen
    speaking hypothetically:
    you steal a certain trainers pokemon
    this event sets a flag
    when that flag is set red chooses charmander
    because of this blue takes squirtle
    this leaves bulbasaur in oaks lab and you can steal it

and depending on the flags that are set a different pokemon is left behind by red and blue.

how's that sound? :P

I could do that, yeah, and that would be interesting; however, it seems like a lot of flags for a relatively small event. And besides, it doesn't make much sense that something some Rocket does over in Saffron or Lavender would influence something two kids in Pallet Town do. So, they'll pick up two Pokémon by default. (Red gets Charmander and Blue gets Squirtle.) But, you ultimately will be able to get all the Kanto and Johto starters--through various thievings and such, of course.

By the way, the G/S/C hero is probably going to be Kris instead of Gold; since the male hero Red is going to be the enemy twerp in Kanto, I thought it'd be best to balance it out by having the female hero Kris as the enemy twerp in Johto.

Your games coming along great. I like your ideas it looks like this will be on destinedjagolds' complete hack list someday soon.

Thanks! I certainly hope to make it to that list someday!

uh...is this rp or what? XD sorry im new

RP in the same way any Pokémon game is an RP, what with choosing your Pokémon team and such. (And to a minor extent, you get to boss other Grunts around really far along in the game.) But, nope, not really an RP.

Gah I should've been watching the thread!

Wow, thats all I can say. No rom hack has been this unique, not even the origional Rocket Hack, Rockets Revenge Don't kill me EV!
    This hack is just making me jump with acitement, it could go all the wa and win HOTY!
    Still I'm here to help.
    I can take screenshots and make videos for you if you like?

Thank you very, very much! I'm seriously flattered. And yeah, it'd be great if you could do screenshots/vids. I'd like to script at least a couple of NPC's dialogue and a run-in with some Psychic trainers first before I send it to you. (The trainers catch you and your rival/partner in front of Sabrina's Gym, attempting to steal a poor little girl's Pokémon. ... You manage to steal them anyway, of course.)

Thanks for all the support, and sorry I haven't updated in a while. Real life likes to intervene. (A pox upon all AP courses.) More updates should be coming soon!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Thank you very, very much! I'm seriously flattered. And yeah, it'd be great if you could do screenshots/vids. I'd like to script at least a couple of NPC's dialogue and a run-in with some Psychic trainers first before I send it to you. (The trainers catch you and your rival/partner in front of Sabrina's Gym, attempting to steal a poor little girl's Pokémon. ... You manage to steal them anyway, of course.)

Thanks for all the support, and sorry I haven't updated in a while. Real life likes to intervene. (A pox upon all AP courses.) More updates should be coming soon!

Wow. Sounds brilliant. :D
    I love hearing about events and stuff, because that's what builds a hack. :P

Btw, I wrote up a short little review on ToxicPurple for the RHN because I couldn't think of anything else to write it on. Darcy should be putting it up sometime today, I think.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • A whole bunch of rivals. Mostly mini-rivals, I suppose. (Kinda like Wally.) First there's your own partner (your official rival) who loves challenging you to show off his newest steal, but then there's also Red in Kanto, and Gold and Kris in Johto, as well as Jenny. Plus (not a true "rival" but still...) Mewtwo's newest hobby is collecting trainer underlings--willing or not--and bothering Rockets with them.
    This takes place in the Pokemon Special/Adventure universe? *faints* no wait... *supports, then faints*

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • oooh i thought it was roleply O.o so whats this for then?
    This is a roleplaying Game, a complete modification of a pokemon game, leaving no traces of the original game, to play, you would need a Visual Boy Advance emulator, basically, it's a GBA on the computer, and a FireRed rom, which is basically Pokemon Firered playable on the computer, and Lunar ips, which is basically a program that changes the contents of the rom into that of the hacks. It's very fun.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    ....then whats this thread for? O.o

It's to show the development progress of this specific hack. :P

There are plenty of hacks that already have a beta, or demo, out. If you want, you can go look through the Hacks Showcase. I think almost all of them have betas out.

ckret2

Years
  • Wow. Sounds brilliant. :D
    I love hearing about events and stuff, because that's what builds a hack. :P

Btw, I wrote up a short little review on ToxicPurple for the RHN because I couldn't think of anything else to write it on. Darcy should be putting it up sometime today, I think.

Wow, that's great, thanks! :D I can't wait to see the review.

This takes place in the Pokemon Special/Adventure universe? *faints* no wait... *supports, then faints*

Sorry to disappoint, but it's not really Pokémon Special/Adventure universe. It mainly sticks to the game universe, with some gaps filled in by borrowing ideas from the anime and manga universes. For example, cameos of Jessie and James from the anime, and Blaine as an ex-Rocket and Silver as Giovanni's son from the manga universe. But, it's pretty much game universe.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Sorry to disappoint, but it's not really Pokémon Special/Adventure universe. It mainly sticks to the game universe, with some gaps filled in by borrowing ideas from the anime and manga universes. For example, cameos of Jessie and James from the anime, and Blaine as an ex-Rocket and Silver as Giovanni's son from the manga universe. But, it's pretty much game universe.
    I know, but it's more the fact that you remembered the names that is great, and the fact that the protagonists from the games are there is also great.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    I like the idea of pokemon centers not healing you but would't it be better if police try and fight you in them and if you win the pokecenters yours to do as you please. But whatever it is your hack : P. But yeah it looks good and carnt wait to play it (most rocket hacks I've played are let downs0

ckret2

Years
  • I like the idea of pokemon centers not healing you but would't it be better if police try and fight you in them and if you win the pokecenters yours to do as you please. But whatever it is your hack : P. But yeah it looks good and carnt wait to play it (most rocket hacks I've played are let downs0

Good idea. You actually do fight with the police a lot in the game; and, at times, you get access to regular Pokémon Centers, like the one in Saffron City when you take over Silph Co. (but not after Team Rocket is kicked out by Red), and the one in Viridian City will serve you since Giovanni's the local gym leader and tells the Nurse Joy there to serve Rockets. So there'll be some of that in the game. I'll see if I can do more of the same type of thing later in the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back