• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaVici

DeEmpo
    Years
    You're genius! I really can't think of anything to say!

Oh, wait... Couldn't you use a flashlight instead of hm flash? (Maybe only useable with an electric pokemon in your team? (My idea: The script could be at every "door" of a tunnel, using one flag that gets active when you go in and gets resetted when you go outside.))
    ^Just to mention it, I am not a scripter so it is only a thought....^

Because tunnels where you can see everything can be boring sometimes. The matter that you can't see makes it

By the way: What are you supposed to do in the Rock Tunnel?

Last edited:

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    The screens are great taking a police hostage is cool
    cant wait for the release keep up the great work

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    The updates are cool!!
    The Rookie Officer is stupid...

P.S Will you be adding James, Jessie, Cassidy and Butch's OW's?

Yeah, rookies aren't that bright, heh...

I don't know if I will be adding their OWs. At this point, to add new OWs, I'd have to get rid of some other OWs; and since nearly all of them are already being used at this point, I can't really take many out.

At some point I'll have to use that big fancy tutorial to go into hex and relocate all the OW data so that I can add some new OWs. But that tutorial is big, complicated, confusing, and I've tried to follow it twice without success. I think I'm gonna have to find someone who actually gets hex to relocate the OW data.

Until then, no new OW for Jessie, James, Cassidy, Butch, and many of the other additional characters, like Silver. They'll be added eventually, though.

You're genius! I really can't think of anything to say!

Oh, wait... Couldn't you use a flashlight instead of hm flash? (Maybe only useable with an electric pokemon in your team? (My idea: The script could be at every "door" of a tunnel, using one flag that gets active when you go in and gets resetted when you go outside.))
    ^Just to mention it, I am not a scripter so it is only a thought....^

Because tunnels where you can see everything can be boring sometimes. The matter that you can't see makes it

By the way: What are you supposed to do in the Rock Tunnel?

The problem would be finding the command that would activate the "Flash" behavior, since it's not part of an actual script; like, Cut and Strength, they're scripts that are attached to OWs, but Flash isn't. Plus, I really really don't like the concept of Flash, and it's not even necessary to get through the cave, so if it's at all possible to eliminate Flash completely...

But I agree that the fully-visible tunnel is boring. (I mean, look at this. It's a bunch of bricks.) I plan to rectify this in a couple of ways: first, I'll be remapping the Rock Tunnel a bit so that it looks more "natural" and less blocky, closer to something like this (although that's still a bit boring) rather than the pile-o-bricks in the original game. Second, I'll be adding some interesting events to the cave. Not a whole mini-plot or mission or anything, but enough to spice it up.

As for what you're "supposed" to do in Rock Tunnel: well, you're supposed to go through it. No huge events here. But since every route out of Saffron except the east gate is blocked off, the Underground Path isn't finished yet, and you can't go south out of Lavender, going through the Rock Tunnel is the only way to go that'll get you anywhere. In Pokémon Tower, Bonnie's final instructions to you are to go get a promotion if you want, and then "make yourself useful." So, you can go find something useful to do. :D It won't be that hard, don't worry. Just keep on going and the next event will run into you, literally.

Mr

Just call me Mister
    Years
    Bah! You totally dised me on YouTube ... but I'll play your hack anyway!

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2014
    this is an original idea
    and the look of it makes it look like an AMAZING game
    but i dont know how to play it because it an ips file what the hell is an ips file

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    You should say what its a hack of on the first post...so people can play it...

ckret2

Years
    Bah! You totally dised me on YouTube ... but I'll play your hack anyway!

Did I? I'm sorry! How did I...

... Ah. You're TutorialFactory? (I'm guessing from the fact that you've got AnimeStep in your signature...) Sorry about that! I got your message when I was busy, thought "I'll reply to that later," and then... never got around to it. Sorry, my bad. Well, hi!

this is an original idea
    and the look of it makes it look like an AMAZING game
    but i dont know how to play it because it an ips file what the hell is an ips file

You haven't read around this forum much, have you? :P Here you go. Click on the "Patching FAQ" link. It'll direct you around. Anyway, glad you like the game idea.

You should say what its a hack of on the first post...so people can play it...

Like alo123 said, it's in the first post. I put it pretty low on the page, but it is, indeed, there.

Even if it weren't, really, would it be that hard to figure out? :P I mean, there are only three roms out there that people regularly hack--FireRed, Ruby, and sometimes Emerald--this is a game taking place in Kanto, and if you look at the screenshots they all have FireRed sprites and tiles. Plus, it's indicated pretty early on that your Rival will be one gender while the player can be one of two genders, which is a feature found in FR/LG but not in R/S/E. Lotta context clues! You can use 'em!

But if that's too annoying, the info is still available in the first post. Though when I get around to it, I might move that info farther up for convenience.

Lovin' the story idea and screen shots. I've seen a few other hacks trying to go the same way but this has way more eye candy. xd Good luck.

XD Thankee! Eye candy is always good.

And for people looking for substantial info: I've been reworking Rock Tunnel a bit. Same layout, but more... well... eye candy. From this:

Spoiler:

To this:

Spoiler:

What do you think? I thought the original Rock Tunnel was just kinda ugly, so I dragged one tile around to screw around with the margins and then cleaned it up from there. But I dunno if anyone will think this looks any better, heh. For ease in playability, I tried to keep all possible routes at least two tiles wide, except for one place where a hidden thing will be, so difficult navigation there is excusable. So, how's it look?

I'll be doing the same to the second floor as well, of course.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    The second map looks way better than the first one
    the first one looks to square I like how you added
    more like twists and turns to it

ckret2

Years
    The second map looks way better than the first one
    the first one looks to square I like how you added
    more like twists and turns to it

Thanks, glad you like it! I'm going to be doing the same to the second floor of Rock Tunnel, as well as Mt. Moon and Cerulean Cave. ... And, yeah, Seafoam Islands, even though I despise that place. You need Surf AND Strength just to get through it AND Articuno's annoying to catch AND it's even skippable, so I've just skipped Seafoam on my most recent playthroughs of FireRed. Though redoing Seafoam Islands will be tricky, since it's got the boulder puzzles. ... Then again... *random musings to self*

Anyway. Disturbed?

I would kinda like all of the maps redone, it would just give a better spark to the hack, and most definitely attract more attention. Yes, even playing as a Rocket, the FireRed maps will get boring/dull after a while. Newer maps would prevent that.

You were right. :P I'm not remapping the towns, at least I probably won't be much, but after playing through FireRed the caves bored me to tears, they're so dull. Even Cerulean Cave. New maps were indeed a good idea.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
    The hack has a great history, an intrigue that traps us, in mystery
    and curiosity, the scripts seems to be really healthy of great levels, and
    and very good, I hope to see more you inform, shortly, good luck.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    The remapped version of Rock Tunnel is much better. Good job on that.
    Also, I dunno if I said something about those scripts that you posted a while back (the ones with the Rookie officer?).. well, those looked nice too. :P

Years
    I'm new to PC but I must say this game is absolutely brilliant.

Especially the part right after you leave base and your attacked by the psychics. You're sense of humor is fantastic. I can't wait for the final product.

The only thing I noticed was extremely minor. Right after you obtain the Silph Scope a blank text box appears. I had thought the Rom froze. I did this a few times and the same thing happened each time. It's easily fixable by just hitting whatever button you've set as your "A" button. Not a game killer by any means, I just thought it was a little strange.

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Did I? I'm sorry! How did I...

... Ah. You're TutorialFactory? (I'm guessing from the fact that you've got AnimeStep in your signature...) Sorry about that! I got your message when I was busy, thought "I'll reply to that later," and then... never got around to it. Sorry, my bad. Well, hi!

You haven't read around this forum much, have you? :P Here you go. Click on the "Patching FAQ" link. It'll direct you around. Anyway, glad you like the game idea.

Like alo123 said, it's in the first post. I put it pretty low on the page, but it is, indeed, there.

Even if it weren't, really, would it be that hard to figure out? :P I mean, there are only three roms out there that people regularly hack--FireRed, Ruby, and sometimes Emerald--this is a game taking place in Kanto, and if you look at the screenshots they all have FireRed sprites and tiles. Plus, it's indicated pretty early on that your Rival will be one gender while the player can be one of two genders, which is a feature found in FR/LG but not in R/S/E. Lotta context clues! You can use 'em!

But if that's too annoying, the info is still available in the first post. Though when I get around to it, I might move that info farther up for convenience.

XD Thankee! Eye candy is always good.

And for people looking for substantial info: I've been reworking Rock Tunnel a bit. Same layout, but more... well... eye candy. From this:

Spoiler:

To this:

Spoiler:

What do you think? I thought the original Rock Tunnel was just kinda ugly, so I dragged one tile around to screw around with the margins and then cleaned it up from there. But I dunno if anyone will think this looks any better, heh. For ease in playability, I tried to keep all possible routes at least two tiles wide, except for one place where a hidden thing will be, so difficult navigation there is excusable. So, how's it look?

I'll be doing the same to the second floor as well, of course.

Im saying most people do this...

Game: ToxicPurple Version
    Hack of/Original ROM: FireRed

at the very top

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
    Years
    Great Concept, Just One Slight Problem....

In Lost Tower I'm Stuck On 1F, There's A Trainer You Have To Verse And It Looks Like This For Me

My Team:
    Rattata Lvl 7-8 (Can't Remember), With Quick Attack, Tail Whip & Tackle
    Poliwag Lvl 5 With Bubble

Her Team:
    Gastly Lvl 8 With Hypnosis & Lick (And Maybe Something Else)

In This Case Poli Dies And Rat Vs. Ghast Is A Stalemate

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Great Concept, Just One Slight Problem....

In Lost Tower I'm Stuck On 1F, There's A Trainer You Have To Verse And It Looks Like This For Me

My Team:
    Rattata Lvl 7-8 (Can't Remember), With Quick Attack, Tail Whip & Tackle
    Poliwag Lvl 5 With Bubble

Her Team:
    Gastly Lvl 8 With Hypnosis & Lick (And Maybe Something Else)

In This Case Poli Dies And Rat Vs. Ghast Is A Stalemate

That problem will be fixed in the next release its been said before

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    lol maybe a note the dude still gives you TM Psychic in the city xD i gave it to Poliwag to handle Ghosts

ckret2

Years
    I'm new to PC but I must say this game is absolutely brilliant.

Especially the part right after you leave base and your attacked by the psychics. You're sense of humor is fantastic. I can't wait for the final product.

The only thing I noticed was extremely minor. Right after you obtain the Silph Scope a blank text box appears. I had thought the Rom froze. I did this a few times and the same thing happened each time. It's easily fixable by just hitting whatever button you've set as your "A" button. Not a game killer by any means, I just thought it was a little strange.

Weird, it's never done that to me before... Just went through that script again, and it doesn't happen to me. Hmm. Are you sure you're using a clean FireRed rom? That's the only reason I can think of for why something might act differently on your version than mine. Lemme know if any similar glitches pop up in your game.

lol maybe a note the dude still gives you TM Psychic in the city xD i gave it to Poliwag to handle Ghosts

It's been addressed in previous posts already. And you'll want to restart your game, by the way, if you saved it after getting the TM. You can steal a Pokémon from Mr. Psychic later, but you won't be able to if the flag that's set when you get the TM has already been set; it's going to be the same flag that controls the Pokémon-stealing event.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    I just wanted to ask a couple questions about the stealing
    pokemon

1.If the person has multiple pokemon do we choose which
    one we want or is it random

2.How will you get the pokemon will it just appear in
    your party or will they hand you the pokeball with
    the pokemon in it

Status