• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • oh and i forgot a question, ckret2...are we gonna run into the game with blue, red and perhaps gold???

You will run into Red a few times throughout the game, anyways. Not too sure on the others. However, Kris will be seen, as Ckret said, she will catch the Red Gyarados.
    And on that note, Ckret, have you thought that part through fully? (trust me, I'm not challenging you or anything- just wondering). Will there be a part in the game where you advance forward 3 years? I haven't read through the thread, so I wouldn't know, if it was mentioned.
    Yeah... I'mma read through the thread now...XD

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    ...I keep forgetting that Poliwag doesn't evolve at Level 16... That was disappointing. Hey, will the scripts be messed up if we just beat like one of the trainers in the Dojo, but leave the leader alone? My Misdreavous needs some speed-training.
    With regards to DP insertion, would you like me to make a list of new evos from the 4th generation for you, and a list of Pokemon from the earlier gens that everyone hates (the latter is probably unnecessary, but so much fun :)).
    But anyway, I can do that for you if you want.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • ...I keep forgetting that Poliwag doesn't evolve at Level 16... That was disappointing. Hey, will the scripts be messed up if we just beat like one of the trainers in the Dojo, but leave the leader alone? My Misdreavous needs some speed-training.
    With regards to DP insertion, would you like me to make a list of new evos from the 4th generation for you, and a list of Pokemon from the earlier gens that everyone hates (the latter is probably unnecessary, but so much fun :)).

Don't do the latter, please. Sereously, some people look at things at a bad angle and say "dur, that pogeymans stubid!!!1!1!!!111!1!" But look at things right, and it falls into perspective.

REASONING: Everyone hates Probopass's sprite, for whatever reason. Very few people (Slowflake and I among them) like it. However, what's not to like? It's got a cool moustache, an epic hat, and three mini Probopasses on the side. Heck, if it had a monocle, it would be awesome!

Choose which ones you want by yourself. If you REALLY need help, use the list of Fourth Gen Evos from Brown.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    awwww :( ill lose my hitmonchan :( ah well, its fun enough to play again :P looking forward to moar

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • oh and i forgot a cuestion, ckret2...are we gonna run into the game with blue, red and perhaps gold???

Red, yes. Blue, not likely but maybe. Gold, no, but Kris and Silver, yes.

And on that note, Ckret, have you thought that part through fully? (trust me, I'm not challenging you or anything- just wondering). Will there be a part in the game where you advance forward 3 years? I haven't read through the thread, so I wouldn't know, if it was mentioned.
    Yeah... I'mma read through the thread now...XD

As mentioned in the very first thread, yes, there will be a timeskip of three years between the Kanto and Johto arcs. :P I haven't worked through the Johto part quite as much as the Kanto part, but considering the ridiculous amount of detail I've put into Kanto already, I'd say that Johto is pretty fully thought out.

...I keep forgetting that Poliwag doesn't evolve at Level 16... That was disappointing. Hey, will the scripts be messed up if we just beat like one of the trainers in the Dojo, but leave the leader alone? My Misdreavous needs some speed-training.

Since I am recycling the flags used in the Dojo battles and will be giving them to other trainers, yes, if you beat some of the trainers in the Dojo, it'll make it impossible to battle other trainers later on. A lot of the non-gym-leader trainers in the gyms will be recycled into homeowner battles, so battling those trainers will mean less homeowner battles.

Rockets don't get to speed-train. Rockets get all their training from battling severely underleveled wild Pokémon or trainers who get in their way. :P

No thanks, I'm fully capable of looking at the DP Pokédex myself and remembering which ones are new evos. I have played Gen IV games, after all. :P If I do insert any new Pokémon, I'm not going to do it by deleting current Pokémon. I'll just use the few blank Pokémon slots the game provides. And I did promise that every single Gen I through Gen III Pokémon would be available. Even the hated ones. (Heck, one of the most hated ones is your starter.)

Choose which ones you want by yourself. If you REALLY need help, use the list of Fourth Gen Evos from Brown.

Wouldn't that be, y'know, stealing from Brown? :P No, I don't need help deciding what Pokémon to put in. Inserting new Pokémon isn't even a priority right now.

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
  • One fun thing is the fact that meouth, jess and jamie show up in the game, and the script of jamie talking about bills and meouth gambling are just FUN i laught each time i remember.Oh and the Crazy rocket that says he has an oddish is cool too.

and one more thing:
    till where exactly the beta will go?

Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by DarkAlucard [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)
    oh and i forgot a cuestion, ckret2...are we gonna run into the game with blue, red and perhaps gold???

Red, yes. Blue, not likely but maybe. Gold, no, but Kris and Silver, yes.
    thanks ckret2, oh i can´t wait to see Red face and (perhaps and that would make me very happy) show him who rules jaja

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    NO!
    Don't use the blank spots on Firered! It doesn't work, I've tried. My rom all but exploded...
    Maybe someone else has used them successfully, I don't know.
    A three year timeslip... This would definitely be ASM, but is their any way to change the hero OW to look older after that time?
    ...and from what you said it sounds like leveling is going to be slow from now on...
    It would be funny if right before the timeslip we could catch Red coming out of the league, right after he's one, and flatten him. Just a thought :).
    And will Jessie and James be playing any further role?

About the DP Pokemon, sorry, didn't mean to insult you or anything.

ckret2

Years
  • NO!
    Don't use the blank spots on Firered! It doesn't work, I've tried. My rom all but exploded...
    Maybe someone else has used them successfully, I don't know.
    A three year timeslip... This would definitely be ASM, but is their any way to change the hero OW to look older after that time?
    ...and from what you said it sounds like leveling is going to be slow from now on...
    It would be funny if right before the timeslip we could catch Red coming out of the league, right after he's one, and flatten him. Just a thought :).
    And will Jessie and James be playing any further role?

About the DP Pokemon, sorry, didn't mean to insult you or anything.

Really? Hmm, I've never heard that the blank slots don't work in FireRed... I'll keep that in mind.

I've heard that there is a way to permanently change the hero OW during a game, and I know someone who can do it. (I'll have to go back through the thread to locate that person, but he's there.) That's definitely something I'll be taking into consideration for the hack, but that's low in the priority list.

I'm afraid you're probably not going to have the opportunity to battle Red post-Elite Four but pre-timeskip. After Giovanni disappears, you're going to be very very busy between then and the timeskip. No time to mess around with twerps when you've got to deal with the police, Brock (who is much stronger than when he battled Red), and an actively aggressive Mewtwo. But you'll probably have another run-in or two with him post-timeskip.

Although they'll just be side characters, Jessie, James, and Meowth will show up off and on throughout the hack in small cameo roles, both pre- and post-timeskip. For one thing, you'll have to battle them to get your first promotion. There will also be opportunities to get some items and Pokémon from them, including a trade. (They really, really want a Pikachu. They are also your only method of obtaining an Ekans. Keep that in mind if you ever, say, run into a little kid with an easy-to-steal Pikachu. Not ALL stealable Pokémon are steal-only; Pikachu is a good example, since you'll also be able to catch them in Viridian Forest.)

No offense taken. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    Hey will there be a moment in the game when you could steal a bike? Since you probably couldn't get a free one like Red could and I know a rocket wouldn't pay for anything let alone one of those expensive bikes.

Last edited:

ckret2

Years
  • Hey will there be a moment in the game when you could steal a bike? Since you probably couldn't get a free one like Red could and I know a rocket wouldn't pay for anything let alone one of those expensive bikes.

Bike? Pffft, what would a Rocket want with a wimpy little bike? You'll get a motorcycle.

... Which functions exactly like a bike, oddly enough. But people will think you're cooler.

you know you could just use unlzgba could help with some sprites
    or I could edit the sprites like prof oak and trainer card photo.

I have unlzgba, and I already changed the trainer card photos. :P Those changes will be reflected in the next alpha. I haven't gotten around to making the new intro sprites yet, but I will soon enough.

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
    Years
  • Bike? Pffft, what would a Rocket want with a wimpy little bike? You'll get a motorcycle.

... Which functions exactly like a bike, oddly enough. But people will think you're cooler.

I have unlzgba, and I already changed the trainer card photos. :P Those changes will be reflected in the next alpha. I haven't gotten around to making the new intro sprites yet, but I will soon enough.

That's exactly what I've been thinking! Why not cruise around in a motorcycle?
    Ha, ha. You should have Leone name it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    Okay a motorcycle will be cool but what about this for the surf object you get this portable Magikarp raft so you wouldn't have to lug around a sub.

ckret2

Years
  • Okay a motorcycle will be cool but what about this for the surf object you get this portable Magikarp raft so you wouldn't have to lug around a sub.

Actually, that is exactly what the item is going to be. Since a sub would be, y'know, a little ridiculous. Plus, subs are supposed to go underwater, and you don't get Dive in FireRed, so it'd be silly to have a sub that doesn't even behave like a sub. There was a long discussion earlier in the thread about what the Surf replacement object would be, and how to get it to work, and eventually it ended up being a Magikarp raft that you can only use on certain piers. (Because inflatable rafts are tricky things; plus, if you could use it just anywhere, that would have the potential of majorly messing up the plot. Trust me on this. It would.)

But yeah. The topic already came up. It's an inflatable Magikarp raft.

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    I've been lurking in the hacks section this past week, and kind of avoided this topic because, usually, I dislike concepts where Team Rocket are the protagonists. But after seeing the short demo in the first post and reading through this thread, I have to say this is probably the most creative hack I've seen. The demo made me laugh and your ideas sound really intriguing. It's really neat how you've exploited the scripting to make this a very different game, but still have that Pokemon universe feel.

Btw, this is the very first hack I patched and played. Although the alpha's short, I found it enjoyable. Excellent work, ckret2!

PS- my team is Rattata, Vulpix, Cubone, and Misdreavus. Will you get the National Dex sooner so Golbat can evolve into Crobat?

ckret2

Years
  • I've been lurking in the hacks section this past week, and kind of avoided this topic because, usually, I dislike concepts where Team Rocket are the protagonists. But after seeing the short demo in the first post and reading through this thread, I have to say this is probably the most creative hack I've seen. The demo made me laugh and your ideas sound really intriguing. It's really neat how you've exploited the scripting to make this a very different game, but still have that Pokemon universe feel.

Btw, this is the very first hack I patched and played. Although the alpha's short, I found it enjoyable. Excellent work, ckret2!

PS- my team is Rattata, Vulpix, Cubone, and Misdreavus. Will you get the National Dex sooner so Golbat can evolve into Crobat?

Are Golbats in FireRed unable to evolve without the National Dex? Hmm. The more you learn...

You'll be getting the National Dex eventually, but I dunno exactly when. I was originally planning on just giving it to you in the Johto arc, but if it's impossible for friendship evolutions to happen without a National Dex, I'll see if I can find a way to work it in earlier.

On the other hand, delaying Golbat's evolution into Crobat (and other such evolutions) would make sense within the Rocket-centric setting. Of course it'd take a Pokémon a lot longer to get used to an owner who, presumably, has no kind and caring feelings for it.

But yeah, if that's the case, I'll look into getting the National Dex out sooner. Thanks for pointing that out, and I'm glad you like the hack!

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    dude awesome game ^^ the only hacks i have played that i think are good(i like hacks where the whole storyline is changed) are all the pokemon ruby destiny games and this one <3
    btw if u have any good hacks in mind that i might like please tell me i am new here =3

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011

ive been lookin for misdreavus for ever... its on the top floor right???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back