• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
Years
  • In my opinion, Vulpix is the best starter to have considering the annoying bellsprout the channelers have. I thoroughly enjoyed it when you scripted the channeler who said "Zombies"! to say "Rockets"!

It would also be *amazing* to have a Seviper. Just saying ^_^ But I suppose if you're sticking to a certain time period, that wouldn't be all too great. But come on! It's a Seviper!!!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • In my opinion, Vulpix is the best starter to have considering the annoying bellsprout the channelers have. I thoroughly enjoyed it when you scripted the channeler who said "Zombies"! to say "Rockets"!

It would also be *amazing* to have a Seviper. Just saying ^_^ But I suppose if you're sticking to a certain time period, that wouldn't be all too great. But come on! It's a Seviper!!!
    I agree. Seviper's are pretty awesome. And they're Poison-type, evil-looking, and snakes... Perfect for Team Rocket! :)

eviljeans

Developing A Cool Game
    Years
  • i think toxicroak is better for team rocket evil looking tough looking and the color is perfect for rocket.Its fun to raise too bec. it haves a evolution!(i don't enjoy raising pokemon without an evolution)

EDIT: BTW Cool game!

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
  • Evil Jeans can you shrink your Dialga or something?

But that is true evolutions are fun. But A plus with Seviper is it learns a pretty strong move for its element at a low level, Posion Tail.

I think Murkrow would be an awesome choice as well, or Houndour instead of Vulpix...;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    I'm not trying to knock anyones suggestions and I think alot of pokemon above would make great rocket pokemon but your starting off in the kanto region so it makes sence that the starters would be Kanto pokemon and it make sence that a little girl would have an oddish poliwag and vulpix to steal.

eviljeans

Developing A Cool Game
    Years
  • dude i thnk ur addicted to demi lovato

suggestion to the game:I like to suggest something for the game.When you win in a battle instead of getting money is it possible to get pokemon instead of money??

that would be cool!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • dude i thnk ur addicted to demi lovato

suggestion to the game:I like to suggest something for the game.When you win in a battle instead of getting money is it possible to get pokemon instead of money??

that would be cool!

But it'll make the Game too easy.
    I don't think that Ckret wants the Game to be too easy...
    Even the official Pokemon Games ain't that easy...

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
  • It was mentioned that after you battle certain trainers you get to take their pokemon, but if you have 6 in your party you can never get it. If I'm wrong, tell me, but I remember reading that. And I did mention that I believe Kanto pokemon should be used, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun making suggestions. OOoo...Darkrai as a shtarter....-smacks self in face- see how fun that is? XD

Dry

Team Rocket Elite No. 16
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    the idea isnt that bad. Pherhaps you could sell pokemon for money and have different people buying different kinds of pokemon. or trade pokemon for items. even key items so like you have to trade like a lvl 38 Muk or somthing to get the Magikarp/Gayrados sumbarine

( i think this idea has been half put forwards before)

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Oh! Just thought of a really minor thing that would be totally awesome! You should run into that Magikarp salesman at some point, in the anime he was a member of Team Rocket. This is completely random and I have no idea how you'd use that, but I'm sure you could do something with it.
    Actually, he might make a good TR agent for the Mt. Moon area.

Also, I like Dry's idea, though of course there would have to be a finite number of options in that area, or else we will descend into scripting Hell...

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    ...Another one. Oh brother.
    Ckret, you really need to get that faq up soon, this has become an epidemic.
    @LordJapos: I don't know how to break it to you, but beating the dojo means you'll have to start over next alpha, since the game will be changed so that you can't go in there, and if you beat the dojo there will be a later event that is inaccessable.
    Sorry...
    I just started playing the alpha again from the beginning. I was knocked out a ridiculous number of times without the Psychic TM, but by the time I got to Pokemon Tower my Poliwag was Lv. 14... I snagged a Gastly and Misdreavous, think I'll go for a mostly Ghost/Psychic party.

Dry

Team Rocket Elite No. 16
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Oh! Just thought of a really minor thing that would be totally awesome! You should run into that Magikarp salesman at some point, in the anime he was a member of Team Rocket. This is completely random and I have no idea how you'd use that, but I'm sure you could do something with it.

Also, I like Dry's idea, though of course there would have to be a finite number of options in that area, or else we will descend into scripting Hell...

it could be like the trade system in diamond pearl platinum in the underground how the man will only trade for certain things and will only give u certain things so say like theres one guy 4 pokemon at different levels for trade 4 items thats it end of him and another guy another 4 whatever its just an idea that i thought worthy

please hurry up with the faq i could help i have read most of the thread (amazing)

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • You could make Lance catch the Gyarados, like in the anime...THen you could battle him at Mahogany Warehouse, where he uses it against you...Just a suggestion

I'm following game canon more closely than anime canon, and game canon has it that the hero/ine (in this case Kris) catches Gyarados.

You DO get to battle Lance, though.

To be honest, I actually like the difficulty. (Besides the Gastly, for obvious reasons.) Especially considering it's early on in the game, and that your Pokemon have very few moves. The tough battles are just fun, and feel a lot more realistic. It's one of the things that made me like this hack.
    Okay, I feel slightly goofy now.
    But Weavile Gemeni has a point; the difficulty is definitely one of the game's defining points... this would be a lot of work, but would it be possible to make two different ips files, each with harder/weaker trainers? Nothing to worry about for now really, but if you ever suddenly discover that you have 100 free hours and nothing to do...

The difficulty will stay, it just won't be... retardedly hard.

And since I can't just have the levels rocket upwards indefinitely (since I'd hit level 100 pretty fast...), I'm gonna have to do several things to keep the challenge up even as the game progresses. The first thing, I think, will be taking a lot of the Pokémon and making it take more experience for them to level up. Rattata, for example, levels up VERY fast, and learns Hyper Fang pretty early on. I'll have to slow down its level up a bit.

Another thing will be continuing to give trainers items, stronger moves for their Pokémon, and higher AI. So even if their Pokémon's levels don't advance much faster, they'll still be annoying challenging to battle.

But since the levels CAN'T increase forever, there'll probably be patches of the game where the trainers' Pokémon's levels don't go up at all. This, of course, won't be too challenging. I'll probably conclude such sections with, say, a battle with Red several levels above what you've been used to. (Doesn't that reflect the way the real game works, anyway? As the hero you run into a bunch of civilians griping about how Team Rocket thoroughly trounced them, then you go up against the Grunts and steamroll them. Rockets pwn normal trainers, hero pwns Rockets.) I'll see what works, but I'll have to strike a delicate balance between "too hard too fast" and "not hard enough."

I doubt I'll ever have enough free time to make two isp files, heh. But if I do, I'll keep that in mind.

i think toxicroak is better for team rocket evil looking tough looking and the color is perfect for rocket.Its fun to raise too bec. it haves a evolution!(i don't enjoy raising pokemon without an evolution)
    But that is true evolutions are fun. But A plus with Seviper is it learns a pretty strong move for its element at a low level, Posion Tail.

I think Murkrow would be an awesome choice as well, or Houndour instead of Vulpix...;)

All suggestions will be taken into consideration. XD Time period doesn't have anything to do with Seviper, since R/S/E and R/B/Y/FR/LG are supposedly happening at the same time.

Getting something like Houndour that early in the game probably isn't a good idea. Besides, you ARE stealing from a little Kanto girl. Why would she have a Houndour? :P

After some of the trainer battles, you get the option to steal their Pokémon. Only SOME of the battles, though. And only if you have room in your party!

the idea isnt that bad. Pherhaps you could sell pokemon for money and have different people buying different kinds of pokemon. or trade pokemon for items. even key items so like you have to trade like a lvl 38 Muk or somthing to get the Magikarp/Gayrados sumbarine

( i think this idea has been half put forwards before)

The idea has been put forward, yes. Stuff like that will be happening in the game. (You don't get a Magikarp sub, though. Just a Magikarp raft.)

I've already got a plan for him. He's actually got a fairly important role in the plot. His name is Stephen and, among other things, he gives you a free Magikarp.

woohoo i managed to defeat the karate gym leader :D i now have a lvl 25 hitmonchan :D

Don't do that. It messes up the scripting and will glitch up your game later on. I'm afraid you'll have to restart the game to prevent that. Next time, please don't beat the dojo or Sabrina's gym.

Actually, that's not necessarily true. Ckret is thinking of inserting a couple for you to steal from foreign trainers.

True. It's still uncertain, though.

Hm... If I do, probably some of the first I insert will be the stone evos you can't get in Gen III, like Honchkrow. They can be evolved with the PokéToaster, after all. But even that's uncertain.

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
  • Well it is a thing that stealing from a little kanto girl is not to find any pokes not from kanto
    for me the vulpix idea is just fine at the begining and you could just make finding pokemon from other regions this way
    if the stealing random houses is still in the "plans" you could put people with better pokemon or from other regions on more difficult places to reach or houses with FREAKING PokeManiacs that are harder to find

( my favorite thing to do was to kick their asses on the game
    " ohhh i´ve got a rare pokemon ohhh " if you could make rarer pokemon capable of being solen from them id thank u very much )

eviljeans

Developing A Cool Game
    Years
  • After some of the trainer battles, you get the option to steal their Pokémon. Only SOME of the battles, though. And only if you have room in your party!
    Tnx.This game is killing me i can't w8 4 d next alpha

EDIT:And because im new here i still don't know how to quote but that quote is from ckret

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I'm not trying to knock anyones suggestions and I think alot of pokemon above would make great rocket pokemon but your starting off in the kanto region so it makes sence that the starters would be Kanto pokemon and it make sence that a little girl would have an oddish poliwag and vulpix to steal.
    i think the same, where are in Kanto, the trainers her should have local pokemon, so i vote for vulpix.
    Waiting next beta...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back