• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
Years
i don´t know if steal all the pokemons would be good, but a rocket attack to the SS Anne would be great!!! But in the main story the rocket never tallk about the luxurious ship so maybe this won´t be a line for the story, i think...

Or perhaps that's why we never see it again after it departs in FireRed/LeafGreen. (Mwahaha~!)

Saiba Aisu

Sophistiqué
Years
This looks like an amazing and inspiring idea, Ckret. Keep up the fantastic work, since I've enjoyed the Alpha so far.

Also, I would make a slight suggestion in that you make it possible to obtain Pokemon of more than one gender from the little girl (Diana?) in Saffron City. For players like me, who love Ninetales, it's a little odd, playing with a female Pokemon. I'm fairly certain that you set the genders of the three Pokemon beforehand, as I tried multiple new games and got the same results. So, basically, if it's not too much trouble, it would be wonderful if you could make Oddish, Polywag, and Vulpix obtainable in both genders, just as is done with the starter Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
This looks like an amazing and inspiring idea, Ckret. Keep up the fantastic work, since I've enjoyed the Alpha so far.

Also, I would make a slight suggestion in that you make it possible to obtain Pokemon of more than one gender from the little girl (Diana?) in Saffron City. For players like me, who love Ninetales, it's a little odd, playing with a female Pokemon. I'm fairly certain that you set the genders of the three Pokemon beforehand, as I tried multiple new games and got the same results. So, basically, if it's not too much trouble, it would be wonderful if you could make Oddish, Polywag, and Vulpix obtainable in both genders, just as is done with the starter Pokemon.

LOL u sexist ****er!!!! Actually come to think of it the only female pokes which i use are miltank and jynx, everything else is a dude xD. idk why though. I heard once though that males tend to have better atk and sp atk while females are better defensively. In my crystal game though i am always like 10 lvls higher than the gym leaders anyways so i dont use defence much ... (H)

Saiba Aisu

Sophistiqué
Years
I'm not being sexist... In fact, I'm maintaining a positive and equal disposition towards genders by suggesting that players be able to play with Pokemon of any gender... >_>

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
The Vulpix was probably female a lot for you because they have a 75% female rate. Mine was male.

Ayesha

惚け
Years
I love this hack! =] I think this is my new favorite!

But what do I do after I get the Machete and everything? o-o
I went back to the base but there is nothing for me to do there.

WHAT DO I DO NOW? D: Can anyone tell me?

PM/Visitor message works well or you could reply to my post~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2011
I love this hack! =] I think this is my new favorite!

But what do I do after I get the Machete and everything? o-o
I went back to the base but there is nothing for me to do there.

WHAT DO I DO NOW? D: Can anyone tell me?

PM/Visitor message works well or you could reply to my post~

the beta ends there, too bad u gotta wait for the next one which i hear is coming soon

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
WHAT IS THIS A HACK OF? POKEMON FIRE RED?

Yes, this is a Hack of FireRed. Also, before you play it, I'm telling you it ends right after you get the Machette. People (not neccisarily you) tend to overlook posts and wind up asking where it ends, so from now on when I answer these questions I'm going to tell when the latest Beta ends, if I've beaten it.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Yes, this is a Hack of FireRed. Also, before you play it, I'm telling you it ends right after you get the Machette. People (not neccisarily you) tend to overlook posts and wind up asking where it ends, so from now on when I answer these questions I'm going to tell when the latest Beta ends, if I've beaten it.

yeah good point because more and more people tend to look only at the newest posts without seeing first the description of the hack...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Saiba, does it really matter that you don't get a Pokemon with the gender you
need? Okay, I mean seriously, does gender really matter? I really,
I mean seriously tend to ignore them while I play the Hack.

So, to the conclusion: Genders aren't important at all,
and it can be totally ignored.

P.S I'm not arguing, I'm just saying that genders
can be totally ignored and it doesn't affect gameplay.
Of course, if you get what I mean, I say that Pokemon genders
can be ignored, not NPC Genders.

yes you´re right but we´re talking about the original R/B/G and the remakes LG/RF but yes in the anime the ship sink.

2 possible reasons:
1. It sunk in the games aswell.
2. It's a cruise ship that will never return to Kanto, due to boredom.

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
Years
When in the game does it mention that the ship sinks? Just wondering.

All I'm saying is, it might be fun (a side-quest?) to raid the ship at some point. Think about the things that go on there when you, as Red or Leaf, play through it. A lot of things in the games don't have complete explainations, so perhaps our mischevous Rocket has caused a few of them. A lot of events work on the cause and effect scale in Pokemon.

Of course, I'm just going over ideas, I'm not speaking for anyone but myself.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Does the game end after the defeat at the radio tower or does it go to the next region like Hoenn or Sinnoh like after Team Magma or Aqua or Galactic were there taking advantage of the fragile state the region is in after their attacks.

No, you don't go to Hoenn or Sinnoh.

But the game does continue afterwards. There's an ongoing plot in Kanto and Johto; Team Rocket just gets better at not running into Kris's (or Red's) path at that point, so it's a plotline that is parallel to but separate from the G/S/C Kanto plot.

Based on game canon, R/S/E and R/B/Y/FR/LG happen at the same time, and D/P/Pl and G/S/C/HG/SS happen at the same time. So even if you went to Hoenn, you'd be going three years after Magma and Aqua were defeated. But you aren't going. Team Rocket's a one-continent operation in the games.

In my opinion, what happens after this is the best, and most creative, part. We cant control the outcome of the kanto and johto stuff, but after that, the future is ours and apparently we start new missions.... who knows what they are.... but in those missions we will have more of a hand in our own success or lack thereof? At least thats the impression i got from Ckret... hell it might even be in the first post lol.

Yes indeed. :D That's certainly the plan. But yeah, it is a long way away at this point...

This hack is pure awsomness. I really love it. In the game will you be able to steal all of the pokemon on the St Anne? I would be awsome that you could steal all the pokemon and then make the ship sink. Congrats on HotM

Tragically, you never get your hands on a ticket to the S.S. Anne. It sets sail before Team Rocket can think of a way to sneak on; you run into Red heading towards Lavender Town before you even get to Vermilion City, which means he's already visited it and it's left. (No, we're not going to say for the sake of argument that Red traded in a Pokémon that knows Cut from a friend. Because that's silly.)

However, in the Johto arc, you do get to set up a nifty little trans-regional smuggling operation on the S.S. Aqua.

... Why would Team Rocket have anything to gain from making the ship sink?

In any case, don't worry about missing the S.S. Anne. Even though you can't visit it, after it leaves there IS still a rather mysterious-looking truck that you'll get to check out later. Y'know, just in case there might be something interesting in it. :P

Guys remember Ckret2 is creating the game on the rocket point of view following what happens in Fire red, Leaf green not the Pokemon Anime.
Rockets may inavde the SS Anne but they wont sink it or steal EVERYONES Pokemon.
Oh and Ckret im Curious if the Rockets start in lavander town and then to Mount moon what comes next because the order could turn various ways next... Personally i like the fact its not mount moon then lavander then Celdon ( or however it goes in Fire Red)

Im out.... =p

You don't actually go to Mt. Moon for quite a while. (...Heck, you go to the Unknown Dungeon before you go to Mt. Moon. XD) After Lavender Town, you go to Cerulean City, and then to Vermilion City. Team Rocket is currently trying to finish the Underground Tunnel to Celadon City, so you'll have to find a way to finish that tunnel before you get to visit Celadon. After that you'll maybe have a smuggling operation or two, and then it's time for the big Saffron takeover. :D

Well, I certainly didn't tell her to hand out female Pokémon. That'd be silly. :P They ARE obtainable in both genders. If you keep getting a female, then it's because the game is skewed towards producing more females than males; just like, in the canon game starter Pokémon, they're skewed towards producing more males than females. (Something that has endlessly aggravated me. Thank you, Nintendo, for making it so difficult to get a starter that I can breed without tracking down a Ditto. You can't get epic egg moves from a Ditto.)

I've done nothing in the scripting or to the Pokémon data to change the gender ratios. Giving Diana a "female" sprite certainly didn't predispose her to handing out female Pokémon, if that's what you're thinking, since the game has no idea what we humans outside think the genders of its sprites are.

So if you want a male, I suggest putting a save state right before the point where you claim the Pokémon so that you can keep rebooting until the game gets it right.

Or, consider playing with a girl Pokémon. (I've always thought Ninetales looks rather feminine anyway; maybe that's why they made Vulpix 75% female.) With a little practice, eventually you might even be able to have a Vulpix on your team that is, heavens forbid, FEMALE, without thinking it's "a little odd." It won't have cooties, I promise.

When in the game does it mention that the ship sinks? Just wondering.

All I'm saying is, it might be fun (a side-quest?) to raid the ship at some point.

It, um, doesn't say that in the game. Due to the fact that it doesn't sink. In the game. Yeah.

Sadly, as I explained, you won't have an opportunity to raid the S.S. Anne. You'll just have to make do with the S.S. Aqua and the truck, which might have a hypothetical rare Pokémon.

By "might have" I mean "definitely has," and by "hypothetical," I mean "very real and currently unidentified."

And by "currently unidentified," I totally mean "Mew."

Think about the things that go on there when you, as Red or Leaf, play through it. A lot of things in the games don't have complete explainations, so perhaps our mischevous Rocket has caused a few of them. A lot of events work on the cause and effect scale in Pokemon.

Of course, I'm just going over ideas, I'm not speaking for anyone but myself.

Well, I'm certainly trying to think about those things. :P That's kinda the point of the hack, exploring the possibilities and explaining the unexplained, and so on and so forth and yadda yadda.

That, and getting to be a Rocket. Which is the other point of the hack.

Saiba Aisu

Sophistiqué
Years
Well, I certainly didn't tell her to hand out female Pokémon. That'd be silly. :P They ARE obtainable in both genders. If you keep getting a female, then it's because the game is skewed towards producing more females than males; just like, in the canon game starter Pokémon, they're skewed towards producing more males than females. (Something that has endlessly aggravated me. Thank you, Nintendo, for making it so difficult to get a starter that I can breed without tracking down a Ditto. You can't get epic egg moves from a Ditto.)

Oh, alright, then. I tried getting Vulpix as a male around six times or so, starting a new game each time, and tried to get Oddish as a female (which has a 50%-50% gender ratio), but no luck. I was actually playing with the female character, whose sprite I think looks a lot cooler... I mean, Vileplume is another one of those decidedly female Pokemon, no?

I've done nothing in the scripting or to the Pokémon data to change the gender ratios. Giving Diana a "female" sprite certainly didn't predispose her to handing out female Pokémon, if that's what you're thinking, since the game has no idea what we humans outside think the genders of its sprites are.

I should've figured as much... It wouldn't have made much sense, anyways. And no, I wasn't suggesting that Diana's gender affected the genders of the Pokemon you can receive from her - I may be new to rom hacking and scripting, but not that new! :P

So if you want a male, I suggest putting a save state right before the point where you claim the Pokémon so that you can keep rebooting until the game gets it right.

Oh, okay. I was under the impression that the gender was already determined with each new game. Looks like I'm showing my inexperience more and more with each passing moment! Bah!

Or, consider playing with a girl Pokémon. (I've always thought Ninetales looks rather feminine anyway; maybe that's why they made Vulpix 75% female.) With a little practice, eventually you might even be able to have a Vulpix on your team that is, heavens forbid, FEMALE, without thinking it's "a little odd." It won't have cooties, I promise.

Ninetales is alright as a female, I suppose... Maybe I'm being a little picky, simply because I like most of my teams to have uniform genders, just like most of the Gym Leaders and Cool Trainers, etc.

As to that one guy who said that gender doesn't affect gameplay, he obviously doesn't know about moves like Attract or Captivate, which are generally preferable on a female Pokemon due to the larger number of male Pokemon you face - in fact, Attract is one of my favorite moves, ever since Crystal... Raising Nidoqueen with Attract, Toxic, and Flatter makes one nasty combination! My big qualm was about getting Oddish as a female - Vileplume just happens to be one of my favorite Pokemon, and I've never been worried about getting cooties from it before. Pollen yes, cooties, no.

Keep up the great work, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment in this classy hack (Any idea when that will be? And s'il te plaît, don't delete this post just because I'm asking... You should be flattered so many people have taken such interest in your work.)! :)

Last edited:

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
Years
Yeah, I figured the ship never sank in the game. I haven't played through the FR/LG games in a while though, so I got a bit mixed up.

Agh. What's the S.S. Aqua? I never can remember these things...

Exploring the game's story boundaries is one of the great things about Pokemon. (...Heehee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back