• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
As to that one guy who said that gender doesn't affect gameplay, he obviously doesn't know about moves like Attract or Captivate, which are generally preferable on a female Pokemon due to the larger number of male Pokemon you face - in fact, Attract is one of my favorite moves, ever since Crystal... Raising Nidoqueen with Attract, Toxic, and Flatter makes one nasty combination! My big qualm was about getting Oddish as a female - Vileplume just happens to be one of my favorite Pokemon, and I've never been worried about getting cooties from it before. Pollen yes, cooties, no.

Keep up the great work, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment in this classy hack (Any idea when that will be? And s'il te plaît, don't delete this post just because I'm asking... You should be flattered so many people have taken such interest in your work.)! :)

I think he meant that the Pokémon itself isn't changed much by its gender; as in, all things being equal, a male Pikachu and a female Pikachu without gender-specific moves will be just as good in battle.

(I've never done much with Attract or Captivate, personally; but I've currently got a male Eevee in Platinum with Captivate. I'm hoping to unleash him upon an unwary Cynthia, what with her female Spiritomb, Roserade, and Milotic... anyway.)

I'm not sure when the next version will be ready. I actually expected to have it done quite a while before now; but somewhere along the line the ROM glitched up, so I have to go back to my most recent non-glitched version of the hack and figure out what I did wrong. It's nothing major, and it certainly isn't killing the hack (I back up too frequently for that, and the glitch itself only shows up in my most recent back-up file), but I'd like to figure out exactly what went wrong to make sure it doesn't happen again--and with two 5-page papers, a final term paper, a group project, and two final exams coming up, I don't have a lot of time to spend going over the rom with a fine-toothed comb. So it'll be a bit more.

Yeah, I figured the ship never sank in the game. I haven't played through the FR/LG games in a while though, so I got a bit mixed up.

Agh. What's the S.S. Aqua? I never can remember these things...

Exploring the game's story boundaries is one of the great things about Pokemon. (...Heehee)

The S.S. Aqua is the ship in G/S/C and HG/SS that sails back and forth between Olivine and Vermilion. It makes a round trip twice a week. Which means I'll have to figure out some nifty scripting to prevent you from being able to ride it back and forth for several hours at a time; either that or I'll just have to make it a one-time event, which wouldn't make a lot of sense since the S.S. Aqua is supposedly going to become the front for a Major Team Rocket Operation. With Gratuitous Initial Caps. For Great Justice.

Random note: in HG/SS, the names of the four Johto Rocket Executives are revealed: Apollo, the guy in charge; Athena, Apollo's second-in-command; Lambda, the dude who disguises himself as the Radio Tower Director; and Lance, who seems to be kind of a rookie Executive. Maybe. I dunno. In any case, this means that they will all, of course, be characters in ToxicPurple.

Although the fact that this means there are two Lances will be a problem. Since "Lance" is just the exec's name in Japanese (or, if you want to be picky, "Ransu"; or, if you want to be EXTRA picky,「ランス」), there's a possibility that his name might be changed for the English version, which means there's a risk that ALL the execs' names will be changed. So I'll wait until their English names are announced before actually plugging them into the game, most likely.

However, when I have some spare time, I WILL get started on their overworld sprites.

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
LOL u sexist ****er!!!! Actually come to think of it the only female pokes which i use are miltank and jynx, everything else is a dude xD. idk why though. I heard once though that males tend to have better atk and sp atk while females are better defensively. In my crystal game though i am always like 10 lvls higher than the gym leaders anyways so i dont use defence much ... (H)

Uh, no. They only had differing Attack and Defense (not SpA/SpD) WAAAAAY back in Gold, Sliver, and Crystal. Back then, it was the IVs that determined gender, and now, there is a built in gender ratio.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Saiba, does it really matter that you don't get a Pokemon with the gender you
need? Okay, I mean seriously, does gender really matter? I really,
I mean seriously tend to ignore them while I play the Hack.

So, to the conclusion: Genders aren't important at all,
and it can be totally ignored.

P.S I'm not arguing, I'm just saying that genders
can be totally ignored and it doesn't affect gameplay.
Of course, if you get what I mean, I say that Pokemon genders
can be ignored, not NPC Genders.

2 possible reasons:
1. It sunk in the games aswell.
2. It's a cruise ship that will never return to Kanto, due to boredom.

Yeah, actually all should know what happened to the ship (because in the game says that the ship is gone and don´t come back until a year, if you had the privilegie of play the old school games R/B/G, it´s mentionated) but is a good idea think of what could happen to it, only for fun o for a better history.

Waiting the next beta, for pete´s sake....

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
I actually played through again recently, because I was bored, and this time managed to talk to every single person in the hack (that you added of course) as you suggested; I definitely want to compliment you on the amount of witty dialogue and humorous little one liners that you have; i don't quite know whether you will be able to have an entire game full of hundreds of characters with their own, just as good, dialogue, but it's definitely a good start- and I commend you for the amount of detail and obvious effort in the game. This is a hack that will definitely go far, your ideas and vision seem to be freaking awesome and cannot wait to watch this as it progresses.

Good luck

Saiba Aisu

Sophistiqué
Years
I personally find Attract to be a useful move... In Zel's Shiny Gold, my Nidoqueen was absolutely evil with it... As to the next release of the beta, I wish you luck, since it seems like you've got a lot of stuff to juggle right now. I would suggest that you take things at a steady pace - no point rushing through it and making mistakes that will only lengthen the process and cause additional problems.

I'm really looking forward to the next release, as I mentioned before, je pense. I was hoping for a late November/early December release date, but a Christmas one would be wicked, as well!

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2016
hey ive just started playing this game but i find it to be pretty good but im stuck i just finished beating the marowack mother in the ghost tower then it said i got a promotion blah blah blah then i dont know where to go after that help please!!

Years
hey ive just started playing this game but i find it to be pretty good but im stuck i just finished beating the marowack mother in the ghost tower then it said i got a promotion blah blah blah then i dont know where to go after that help please!!

That's where the alpha ends. The next one should be much longer, but it isn't out yet.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Oh! Just thought of a really minor thing that would be totally awesome! You should run into that Magikarp salesman at some point, in the anime he was a member of Team Rocket.

This is not true, check out Bulbapedia and Serebii

Saiba Aisu

Sophistiqué
Years
Awww, that's a cute concept, haha. It'd be nice if you included other notable Team Rocket members, as well. I think you mentioned including the four-newly developed Team Rocket Admins, but it'd be cool if you included others, perhaps, like Butch and Cassidy?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
This hack has really annoyed me:P But It has been quite fun. Looking forward to your next BETA! I'm sort of unexperienced in hacks... Can you add to a BETA [so you keep the same pokes etc.] or do you have to start from new when a new BETA is out?

ckret2

Years
Awww, that's a cute concept, haha. It'd be nice if you included other notable Team Rocket members, as well. I think you mentioned including the four-newly developed Team Rocket Admins, but it'd be cool if you included others, perhaps, like Butch and Cassidy?

Dude, Butch is already in there. :P Which means Cassidy will show up too, yes. As will Gideon from FR/LG.

I'm still debating about whether or not I'll reference some of the other, lesser anime Rockets: Domino, Atilla, Hun, Prof. Sebastian, etc. We'll see.

This hack has really annoyed me:P But It has been quite fun. Looking forward to your next BETA! I'm sort of unexperienced in hacks... Can you add to a BETA [so you keep the same pokes etc.] or do you have to start from new when a new BETA is out?

Yep! As long as you don't do anything to mess up the scripting (such as beat Sabrina or the Fighting Dojo, or get the Psychic TM), you'll be able to continue the next beta from where you left off.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Hey what if I picked up the greatball and used it to catch Marowak in the tower will that make it so I can't continue in the next update?

ckret2

Years
Hey what if I picked up the greatball and used it to catch Marowak in the tower will that make it so I can't continue in the next update?

Let's say "yes."

In the next alpha, it'll be impossible to do that. It'll also be impossible to beat the Marowak through any method other than ACTUALLY beating it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Let's say "yes."

In the next alpha, it'll be impossible to do that. It'll also be impossible to beat the Marowak through any method other than ACTUALLY beating it.

Okay thanks for answering I was ready to start a new game anyway :D this is still a great hack can't wait for the next alpha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2021
I'm still debating about whether or not I'll reference some of the other, lesser anime Rockets: Domino, Atilla, Hun, Prof. Sebastian, etc. We'll see.
Minor cameos are always awesome.

Also, <3 ToxicPurple!

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2022
from the time its been since the first alpha im going to say the next release is going to be pretty long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back