• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I played the alpha and it and was great! Have you got most done for alpha two
    or only a little? anyway I hope you finish this because it is Amazing!

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012

Already finished:
    -- the promotion battle has been written
    -- the script to keep you from battling Sabrina has been written
    -- the hostage situation with Jenny has been written
    -- Rock Tunnel has been completely remapped, including an interesting new area for you to explore.
    -- nearly all of the trainers in Rock Tunnel have been edited. (It might be all of them, actually; I'll have to check my notes.)
    -- the wild Pokémon in Rock Tunnel have been edited
    -- the Great Ball in Pokémon Tower has been changed
    -- all other items in Pokémon Tower and the Rock Tunnel have been changed as well
    -- that annoying trainer on the first floor of Pokémon Tower with the Ghastly has had her Pokémon changed to a Normal-type.
    -- the Marowak has been rescripted so that the only way to beat it is by... well... beating it, not running from it or catching it. (Catching it is impossible now anyway.)
    -- the trainers with really ridiculous Pokémon (like the level 7 Muk, or the Frustration Eevee) have been fixed to be a little less ridiculous
    -- the first steal script has been written, meaning I now have a template I can use for all OTHER steal scripts, so they shall be quite easy.
    Still need to be done:
    -- make it so you can't battle the fighting dojo
    -- make it so you can't get the Psychic TM from Mr. Psychic.
    -- run-through the Rock Tunnel and debug it, in case of any random weirdness.
    -- edit the trainers on Route 10
    -- make a temporary roadblock just east of the Route 10 Pokémon Center so that I can release the next alpha
    Optional for this alpha:
    -- implement the first homeowners fights
    -- make a better roadblock below Lavender Town than that stupid gate
    -- fix the images in the game intro, as well as the backsprites of the player.
    -- make new scripts for the N, W, and S Saffron guards.

So in other words, it'll be done before Xmas, I hope.

rsenk326

Master Assassin
    Years
  • Simply amazing...all aspects of this are great. It would be nice, though, to know of a possible release date for Alpha 2, hopefully from somebody that works on the hack (i.e not Skully). Again, it's amazing. Original, creative and all together brilliant

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Simply amazing...all aspects of this are great. It would be nice, though, to know of a possible release date for Alpha 2, hopefully from somebody that works on the hack (i.e not Skully). Again, it's amazing. Original, creative and all together brilliant
    Lol sorry.
    Anyway, You might wanna know its against the rules to ask for release dates..

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    YES! Ckret is back! Good to have you!
    If there's anything I can do for you, let me know. Looking forward to seeing where you go from here!

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Wow. I first heard about this hack...yep, almost a year ago, before it even started, but got distracted and didn't check up on the thread again (or join the forum) until now. Just played the alpha and I'm amazed. This is everything I've ever wanted out of a Team Rocket game. I'm enjoying the genuine Rocket experience by starting with a pathetic ratatta, stealing from a little girl, etc., and especially the lack of HMs and gyms. The dialogue is one of the best parts - had me laughing out loud. The plot sounds awesome and challenging. Even the anime cameos, which I was a bit skeptical of before playing, were handled very well.

I don't really have any suggestions, just saying I love your ideas, and good job on such a promising hack - best I've ever played so far. Thanks for keeping it alive.

Thanks, I'm thrilled you like it so much so far! And I'm also skeptical when I hear about anime cameos in a game, so I'm trying to implement them with that in mind: they've got to work well within the game's context.

Very nearly done with alpha two! I'm hesitant to predict how soon it'll be out, but it should be in the near future.

An update of my checklist from a few pages ago:

Already finished:
    -- make it so you can't battle the fighting dojo (temporary script in place)
    -- make it so you can't get the Psychic TM from Mr. Psychic. (*possibly* temporary script in place)
    -- make a temporary roadblock just east of the Route 10 Pokémon Center so that I can release the next alpha
    Still need to be done:
    -- run-through the Rock Tunnel and debug it, in case of any random weirdness. (maybe 80% done on this one)
    -- edit the trainers on Route 10 (anywhere from 50%-95% done, I'll have to check)
    Optional for this alpha:
    -- implement the first homeowners fights (not gonna do this yet)
    -- make a better roadblock below Lavender Town than that stupid gate (still deciding)
    -- fix the images in the game intro, as well as the backsprites of the player. (not gonna do this yet)
    -- make new scripts for the N, W, and S Saffron guards. (still deciding)

Which means that all I've got left to do is debug Rock Tunnel (but I've already run through it once, that might suffice), check to make sure I edited the levels of the trainers on Route 10 (and there's like... three of them now), and if I feel like it, write up the scripts for a handful of guards.

Simply amazing...all aspects of this are great. It would be nice, though, to know of a possible release date for Alpha 2, hopefully from somebody that works on the hack (i.e not Skully). Again, it's amazing. Original, creative and all together brilliant

Yeah, it IS against the rules to ask for release dates.

However (since I may as well make a prediction now), the second alpha could possibly be released... within the next couple of weeks, hopefully.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    YAY! ckret is back, and she's hit the ground running! I can't wait for the next Alpha. I also enjoyed the original. Especially the TR trio we all love. It really explains a lot about how they always keep getting money, despite always being broke, lol.

As for the next release, are there going to be anymore thefts? If so, how many? I kinda want to know, cause I don't want my Vulpix to be lonely anymore. It needs a friend that can relate to it, lol.

FelixAltor

Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • Me and my Gengar eagerly await our field promotions.

(trade capabilities confirmed)

I'll be honest and say that i didn't check all of the posts to see if it needed to be tested. Consider this just another successful story if someone else already confirmed it.

FelixAltor

Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • I am in the process of acquiring every available Pokemon so far. I have both of the hitmons, and all of the wild Pokemon. Starters are next.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Wow, this looks amazing already. I'm just a beginner, but if you ever want my help, I would give it to you in a heartbeat.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    I am in the process of acquiring every available Pokemon so far. I have both of the hitmons, and all of the wild Pokemon. Starters are next.

Nice, now since your one of people who don't read what you should and shouldn't do in the thread, now you has to restart (You can't get hitmons, the have a flag that is used in another event later on it the game).

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Nice, now since your one of people who don't read what you should and shouldn't do in the thread, now you has to restart (You can't get hitmons, the have a flag that is used in another event later on it the game).

Oh crap. Before I get farther into the game, mind going all those things for me?

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Wow, this looks amazing already. I'm just a beginner, but if you ever want my help, I would give it to you in a heartbeat.

...A..already? its been around since January I have you know! Shame to you!
    But on a serious comment, You sound good but can you hack good?

FelixAltor

Ghost Trainer
    Years

• Nice, now since your one of people who don't read what you should and shouldn't do in the thread, now you has to restart (You can't get hitmons, the have a flag that is used in another event later on it the game).

Doesn't matter to me. I have all the time in the world.

Edit: All are caught. I am eagerly awaiting the next release. This is so much fun :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009

...A..already? its been around since January I have you know! Shame to you!
    But on a serious comment, You sound good but can you hack good?

I meant 'already' as in, I just saw it and I already think it's awesome. :P

As for my skills, I don't really know. As I said, I'm just a beginner, so my hands-on-experience has come down to editing egg moves, a bit of changing things in advancemap, as well as learning how to use a few things like YAPE.

If you want my help, know that I'm not really experienced, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere, and I figure helping out with a great hack is a good place to continue.

If you've ever heard of a Romhack called Touhoumon, I help out with that, and it's how I've gotten what little experience I do have. It's nothing as great as yours, but hey.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    I meant 'already' as in, I just saw it and I already think it's awesome. :P

As for my skills, I don't really know. As I said, I'm just a beginner, so my hands-on-experience has come down to editing egg moves, a bit of changing things in advancemap, as well as learning how to use a few things like YAPE.

If you want my help, know that I'm not really experienced, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere, and I figure helping out with a great hack is a good place to continue.

If you've ever heard of a Romhack called Touhoumon, I help out with that, and it's how I've gotten what little experience I do have. It's nothing as great as yours, but hey.

Hey, sorry, I think I might of confused you, I am not on the team so I can't let you join, sorry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back