• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrashmash

Learning to script and map
Years
  • ABOUT THE PKMN TOWER GLITCH:

Hmm, I heard that happened to someone else as well, but so far you and the other person are the only ones who've mentioned that glitch... Did you try restarting from your save point and/or from the beginning and going up again? If so, did the glitch remain? And are you sure you're using a clean FireRed rom?

I dunno what causes that glitch, but since it's happened to two people now it must not be a one-off thing... But it does seem to be rare, at least. And the other person said, I think, that it only happened on one floor, so maybe it's a slightly different glitch.

If it doesn't go away for you, well... maybe you could pretend there's a power-outage in Pokémon Tower?

-I have the same problem, but it's the emulator's fault (though I don't know how to fix it)

-I have made a mushroom-house sprite if you'd like :p don't know how to open the door correctly though...

-I read all the posts too :p Just to say it isn't impossible..

-@ Skully367: about bad grammar; I'll quote you: "themz", "Meh", "you has", ...

-Love the forest map!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2009
    Ow man... I didn't notice there were like 50 other people who made a YOUR A T.R GRUNT NOW hack O_O. But anyway, nice hack! This kinda gives me motivation for mine!

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    -@ Skully367: about bad grammar; I'll quote you: "themz", "Meh", "you has",
    ...I hope you were kidding. serously. It's not like I actually have grammar like that. and "Meh" is perfectly normal grammer in the sentence used. Only when used to replace "My" would it be bad grammar.

And please, stay on the topic of toxic purple in the future.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    ...I hope you were kidding. serously. It's not like I actually have grammar like that. and "Meh" is perfectly normal grammer in the sentence used. Only when used to replace "My" would it be bad grammar.

And please, stay on the topic of toxic purple in the future.
    Please, please, please stop trolling. You are completely disrupting this thread.
    EDIT: I just realized I accused someone of trolling when my avatar is a troll...

Ckret, I'm curious. You said that in this hack the main character would follow the plotline through Johto and Kanto, but then it was "up to us?" Problem is, what's left? We won't be able to reconquer unless you do some serious rescripting, and there's only room for 2 world maps.
    Anyway, just a question I had. Are there any more maps you need done?

Last edited:

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    @Above (My post)
    Seriously? You have got to be joking.
    Anyway, will you be including the johto maps in the next alpha?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I just had an idea for the roadblock south of Lavendar town. You could station a row of policemen instead of the block and everytime your character gets within 2 or so squares of them he comments "I think I'd better stay away from them" or something along those lines.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    I really have to compliment this hack. It real oozes a sense of freshness and uniqueness in its gameplay. There have been man attempts at a Rocket Hack, but i think this is the one that will remain etched in everyone's memory.

The greatest appeal of the hack, beyond the excellent scripts and features, is the story and dialogue. The creator (ckret2) has a quirky sense of humor that makes for hilarious exchanges and events. I really applaud his/her creativity. The story itself also shows promise...

This is one hack I am definitely looking forward to further releases of. I recognize that finishing a hack is a very long range process, but if what ive seen so far is any indication, I think every new addition of the hack will be worth playing.

2technogeeks

Random Guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Great Work!

Great hack so far. I recommend you remove Psychic from the house. It kind of breaks the game, and makes Poliwag WAY better than Oddish or Vulpix.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Great hack so far. I recommend you remove Psychic from the house. It kind of breaks the game, and makes Poliwag WAY better than Oddish or Vulpix.
    She already said she was going to.
    Erm, Ckret, one more idea. This one's way out there and probably wouldn't work, but what if you inserted Team Rocket Mechs into certain Pokemon slots? Granted, it would be wierd to see them coming out of a Poke-ball...
    Anyway, just an idea.
    Any other maps you needed done?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    Hello I've seen this game I'd I've really enjoyed the alpha also could I suggest something if it is impossible or you've already thought of this just strike this comment, but could you add the ability to steal other peoples pokemon in battle by catching them and the ability to run from battles since that does go with the rocket grunt theme but it could be disabled later after you've gotten so far in the game.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    lopnis, thats a great idea, lol, ckret2 might say that.
    i wonder if its possible, ASM needed there?

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Hello I've seen this game I'd I've really enjoyed the alpha also could I suggest something if it is impossible or you've already thought of this just strike this comment, but could you add the ability to steal other peoples pokemon in battle by catching them and the ability to run from battles since that does go with the rocket grunt theme but it could be disabled later after you've gotten so far in the game.

Stealling pokemon with a pokeball is impossible.
    Stealling pokemon is already a feature.
    So, yeah...

I just had an idea for the roadblock south of Lavendar town. You could station a row of policemen instead of the block and everytime your character gets within 2 or so squares of them he comments "I think I'd better stay away from them" or something along those lines.

Or she could just add one...and make it like the north roadblock.
    Or possibly just maske it so the gate down south has a gaurd who won't let you through. Not saying you ideas are bad, just other suggestions.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I just had an idea for the roadblock south of Lavendar town. You could station a row of policemen instead of the block and everytime your character gets within 2 or so squares of them he comments "I think I'd better stay away from them" or something along those lines.

Thanks, but I've already got a plan for the roadblock; I'm going to make the guard act like the Saffron Guards, he just won't let you through since you're a Rocket. I don't want to insert characters that aren't there in the original (like police officers) and then have them sit there permanently, because it wouldn't make sense if they were always there and yet Red never ran into them (or else we would've seen them when we played FireRed/LeafGreen).

She already said she was going to.
    Erm, Ckret, one more idea. This one's way out there and probably wouldn't work, but what if you inserted Team Rocket Mechs into certain Pokemon slots? Granted, it would be wierd to see them coming out of a Poke-ball...
    Anyway, just an idea.
    Any other maps you needed done?

Yeah, it would be kinda weird. XD Any mechs and tools that get used are going to remain Key Items and the like. Otherwise, it'd kinda defeat the purpose of getting rid of HM slaves.

No, no maps I need right now. I've run into some glitches with Route 32: when I put it into the game, the rom stops working... So I'm going to fix that problem before I worry about any more maps.

You already get to steal Pokémon. It says that in the first thread, even. Running away from Pokémon battles, however, would be really hard to script, so I'm afraid that once you're in a battle you're stuck in it. (Besides, whoever you're battling could easily call the police on you the moment you withdrew your Pokémon and turned to run. Defeat them first and they're defenseless!)

Or she could just add one...and make it like the north roadblock.

That's a temporary roadblock. In the next alpha, you'll be able to get rid of it the moment you have the Machete.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    On Route 32, instead of inserting it, have you tried using the Grosser Block to just copy and paste the map piece by piece onto an existing map? I usually do that to avoid level script problems.

ckret2

Years
  • On Route 32, instead of inserting it, have you tried using the Grosser Block to just copy and paste the map piece by piece onto an existing map? I usually do that to avoid level script problems.

I was about to say "No, Grosser Block doesn't work on Macs," then stopped to think and realized that, because I've never seen a handy little button that says "Grosser Block" in my program, I'd automatically assumed that it doesn't work on Macs but hadn't actually looked it up. So I looked it up. And now I know how to use Grosser Block. And, as it happens, it DOES work on Macs.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I think I'll use that.

(I really, really wish I'd known about Grosser Block before doing Ilex Forest. Would have saved SO MUCH TIME.)

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I was about to say "No, Grosser Block doesn't work on Macs," then stopped to think and realized that, because I've never seen a handy little button that says "Grosser Block" in my program, I'd automatically assumed that it doesn't work on Macs but hadn't actually looked it up. So I looked it up. And now I know how to use Grosser Block. And, as it happens, it DOES work on Macs.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I think I'll use that.

(I really, really wish I'd known about Grosser Block before doing Ilex Forest. Would have saved SO MUCH TIME.)
    Are you telling me... you did all that mapping one tile at a time?
    No wonder this hack is taking so long...
    Lol, just kidding. Actually, I only found out about it recently when I was skimming mapping tuts, it's really helpful though.
    Hey, you remember how Giovanni was basically opposed to reforming Team Rocket? Just an idea, but what if he came after you after Johto, when you started rebuilding it?

ckret2

Years
    Are you telling me... you did all that mapping one tile at a time?
    No wonder this hack is taking so long...
    Lol, just kidding. Actually, I only found out about it recently when I was skimming mapping tuts, it's really helpful though.
    Hey, you remember how Giovanni was basically opposed to reforming Team Rocket? Just an idea, but what if he came after you after Johto, when you started rebuilding it?

Yep. One single, solitary, pain-staking tile at a time...

This hack woulda been slow anyway. I haven't even been doing a lot of mapping, since most of it comes pre-mapped, thank you FireRed.

I confirm and deny nothing about Giovanni's involvement or lack thereof in the latter half of the game. Although I will say that his role (existent or otherwise) has already been determined and planned.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2022
    how is the hack coming along im really looking foraward to this one
    keep up the awsome work

even the alpha is one of the best gmes ive been on so far

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    This is just a small thing but in the headquarters on the television it talks about the black market smuggling operation in Johto operating near the Lake of Rage but that doesn't make since this is before the time skip to the Johto period.

ckret2

Years
  • This is just a small thing but in the headquarters on the television it talks about the black market smuggling operation in Johto operating near the Lake of Rage but that doesn't make since this is before the time skip to the Johto period.

Different criminal operation. And in the Johto arc, it isn't "smuggling," per se; the Rockets are in Mahogany Town to force all the Magikarp in the Lake of Rage to evolve (and turn some of them into Rage Candy Bars, I'm sure), not to smuggle. The black market smuggling operation referenced on TV is in place long before the Lake of Rage arc, and in fact isn't directly Rocket-affiliated; but when the Rockets come to town in a few years, the smugglers in the area will be more than happy to join up and help them out, in return for a cut of the Rage Candy Bar profits. (It helps that their kid is a Rocket, I'm sure.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back