• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
  • For Flash: I think a Torch will work, if you need a
    Key Item for Flash.

There's gonna be no Flash key item. There's gonna be no Flash, period. As it turns out, the FR/LG hero just has very bad night vision, and needs Flash to see in the caves. Rocket Grunts have no need for nonsense like Flash or a flashlight or whatnot.

(I despise Flash. I'd rather get rid of the whole idea all together than make up cutesy little replacement items to justify keeping it. Why waste a few hours trying to figure out how to script a Flash replacement item when I'd rather strangle the guy who thought putting Flash into Pokémon in the first place was a good idea?)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • There's gonna be no Flash key item. There's gonna be no Flash, period. As it turns out, the FR/LG hero just has very bad night vision, and needs Flash to see in the caves. Rocket Grunts have no need for nonsense like Flash or a flashlight or whatnot.

(I despise Flash. I'd rather get rid of the whole idea all together than make up cutesy little replacement items to justify keeping it. Why waste a few hours trying to figure out how to script a Flash replacement item when I'd rather strangle the guy who thought putting Flash into Pokémon in the first place was a good idea?)

Well, I thought you might need it, but meh, that doesn't matter.
    I HATE Flash too.
    But the good thing is, Flash is getting fewer used in
    the games.

In D/P/P, there's only one cave that requires Flash.

Holiday

Ho Ho Ho-Oh
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Wow, this is by far, my most favorite ROM.
    I especially love how you have to strategize more than in the real games.
    It makes it more challenging!

craZ pokefan

BEST POKEMON FAN EVER!
    Years
  • where can i get dis hack? in the link above it goes to a thing dat has a moon and has "IPS" when i try to open it

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    where can i get dis hack? in the link above it goes to a thing dat has a moon and has "IPS" when i try to open it

Not to be soundin' rude, but there is a sticky 2 threads below this that tells you what you need to know about playing Hacks.

BTW, you do have the game, but it is just a Patch for the FR ROM which cannot be linked to here.

Anyway, on-topic: I don't ever remember any screenies from the 2nd Alpha. IDK.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2009
    Help

The hack is great so far, but what do I do after I beat the mother marowak? I've tried everything! Please help.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    Even without being updated, this hack became HotM. I've been following it for a long time now, and i'm still in love with it.^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2009
    Help

Can anybody plz answer the question about what to do after beating the mother Marowak? The partner said he was going to get promotion, but i can't find the guy to fight for that promotion.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    Can anybody plz answer the question about what to do after beating the mother Marowak? The partner said he was going to get promotion, but i can't find the guy to fight for that promotion.
    That I am sure will be in alpha 2.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Can anybody plz answer the question about what to do after beating the mother Marowak? The partner said he was going to get promotion, but i can't find the guy to fight for that promotion.

the 1st alpha ends here come check the tread jaja, the promotion and the game himself are gonna be in the next alpha that we desperated wait jaja

[HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

please feed my pokemon...

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Well, I thought you might need it, but meh, that doesn't matter.
    I HATE Flash too.
    But the good thing is, Flash is getting fewer used in
    the games.

In D/P/P, there's only one cave that requires Flash.

In RBY, there was only the Rock Tunnel.

GSC had only Dark Cave (out of the new stuff).

RSE had Granite Cave, and possibly one other.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    i think i found an intresting way to include the pokedex. Say bonnie gives you a mission to find out where team rocket can get their hands on a certain rare pokemon, you've heard of a device that some trainers use that once you see a pokemon it records all info on it. You decide to find a trainer ad steal the device (with force of course) and then search for the pokemon and take the info back to base. Not only would you have gotten the required info for the mission but also more possible important statistics on pokemon being looked for. Finally you are ordered to continue with the information gathering on top of your other duties. ( sorry for the long post just wanted to put my idea out there)

ckret2

Years
  • i think i found an intresting way to include the pokedex. Say bonnie gives you a mission to find out where team rocket can get their hands on a certain rare pokemon, you've heard of a device that some trainers use that once you see a pokemon it records all info on it. You decide to find a trainer ad steal the device (with force of course) and then search for the pokemon and take the info back to base. Not only would you have gotten the required info for the mission but also more possible important statistics on pokemon being looked for. Finally you are ordered to continue with the information gathering on top of your other duties. ( sorry for the long post just wanted to put my idea out there)

But you already get a Pokédex within the first five minutes of gameplay. :P

Rockets don't really care about info gathering. They'll happily steal Prof. Oak's info on Pokémon as it becomes available, thanks to the work of Red. You get a Pokédex for your own benefit, so that you can recognize the Pokémon you run into more easily. Team Rocket doesn't need whatever petty info one of its grunts picks up.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • I just played through the Alpha and I loved it!^^ Keep up the great work and I hope you will have as much great ideas as you already had (I really LOVE the idea of getting rid of this stupid Flash and all the other HMs...)! :D

I've got a good idea to hide the Team Rocket Base better: You could make a tree you could go through before the entrance. At the tree's right there is a sign that says that this is a holograph to trick all the people in Saffron City!^^

ckret2

Years
  • Did you actually post screenshots of the second alpha, or was that just a baseless rumor?

There are at least a screenshots scattered around from the next alpha. Mainly the remade Rock Tunnel maps, but I think there are some others.

They're nothing terribly exciting, though. Don't feel like you have to go track them down or anything.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    If only I could get these hacks to work.. I suck at this..

It seems I am missing so much of an awesome hack D=
    You are :P
    Sorry, that was cruel. Anyway, just read through the earlier posts in this thread and you'll find questions and answers about every hack compatibility problem in the book... better yet, go to Simple Questions thread.
    You know, waiting for the next alpha has become almost physically painful. Not that I'm complaining, I'm slowly beginning to realize what a pain college is...
    The new screenshots are great, by the way. Keep up the good work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back