• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
    I just want to say how awesome this is looking. You guys have got a good rom coming ^_^ I can't wait to try it out once it's finished. Love the work and the new mons look proffesional beyond, well done guys. Five stars from me ;) Good luck for the future, you've inspired me to try even harder for my own hack Reign of Fire ;) See you round guys.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Thanks. xD We've been flooded with these kinds of comments today. Thanks guys!

[HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

These any good?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022

These any good?

They're really quite good. Comparable to the better tile-makers, even.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Are they based off of one of Kyledove's trees per chance? Because they are very similar xD

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Well, I really like them. Not as much as the KD one but they are quite good.

Well thanks. xD Anything I can do to improve them?

Sorry, I didn't use our current one: I used this sprite as a reference for those trees. Is it a KD? xD

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Well thanks. xD Anything I can do to improve them?

Sorry, I didn't use our current one: I used this sprite as a reference for those trees. Is it a KD? xD

That one's made by Alistar, not KD.

Great. ^_^ Anything that can be improved?

Anyway, I made a few more trees.

Add some more depth to them, but they look nice.

These any good?

Those look spectacular!
    But the door sizes are a little big.
    A door needs to be 8x8.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    I love the Center and Mart you made. The new trees are cool too. But I really really really love the buildings. ^^

Ahh I like them too much to critique. Sorry! Again... ^^;

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    I love the Center and Mart you made. The new trees are cool too. But I really really really love the buildings. ^^

Ahh I like them too much to critique. Sorry! Again... ^^;

After a good going over on the pixel art part of the forum, I realized that the trees weren't at the right angle. =3 So here it is again, but edited.
    I really like it now. <3

And thank you, chimchar.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    After a good going over on the pixel art part of the forum, I realized that the trees weren't at the right angle. =3 So here it is again, but edited.
    I really like it now. <3

And thank you, chimchar.

I like this tree better than the one before. LOL

Uhh but what do you mean by 'the trees weren't at the right angle'?

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    I like this tree better than the one before. LOL

Uhh but what do you mean by 'the trees weren't at the right angle'?

This one is more from an aerial view. The others weren't pokemon style. They were from a side view. And thanks. xD

Yeah, I've been posting everything I've been making in the art forum too for C&C. And now, I'm a lot better at tiling and stuff than I was. xD

EDIT: Widened the trunk a bit.

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Now! My first tiles ever. o_o To go along with my cherry blossom tree, here are a few tiles. I realize that they're very lacking in some ways. And you'll notice (as I just did xD) that below the white path, there is some light grey outlining from when I was editting before. xDDDD But pay no mind to that and pay attention the parts that aren't messed up.

So what do you think? What else needs to be improved? I know the grey on the outside of the white path is bugging me, but I'm not quite sure what I should do to fix it. Maybe the colors are off all together. xD I've never tried this before.

EDIT: Fixed a few issues.

These any good?

Great. ^_^ Anything that can be improved?

Anyway, I made a few more trees.

This one is more from an aerial view. The others weren't pokemon style. They were from a side view. And thanks. xD

Yeah, I've been posting everything I've been making in the art forum too for C&C. And now, I'm a lot better at tiling and stuff than I was. xD

EDIT: Widened the trunk a bit.

Ok. The first Sakura tree is good, I just think it needs a little more blossoms. As for the tiling, I think they are wonderful.

The buildings are just simply WOW. I especially like the Easter egg with the "Torzach" on them. Plus, the overall design is fresh. I have to agree with whoever it was... not quite sure who... said that the doors are a little big, though.

As for the other trees, you were right to go for a more aerial view. It looks more Pokemon-esque as well as more professional. Also, I like the widened trunk. However, don't get rid of the smaller trunk all-together. I personally would like to see some variation in the trees, whether it be design or size. That is one of the things I liked about the latest Gen. games was all the variety.

For a beginner at this sort of thing, I must say, you really could give even professionals a run for their money.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Ok. The first Sakura tree is good, I just think it needs a little more blossoms. As for the tiling, I think they are wonderful.

The buildings are just simply WOW. I especially like the Easter egg with the "Torzach" on them. Plus, the overall design is fresh. I have to agree with whoever it was... not quite sure who... said that the doors are a little big, though.

As for the other trees, you were right to go for a more aerial view. It looks more Pokemon-esque as well as more professional. Also, I like the widened trunk. However, don't get rid of the smaller trunk all-together. I personally would like to see some variation in the trees, whether it be design or size. That is one of the things I liked about the latest Gen. games was all the variety.

For a beginner at this sort of thing, I must say, you really could give even professionals a run for their money.

Excellent C&C. Thanks. ^_^ What do you mean by the Easter egg? XD Am I not seeing something? As for the doors, it may not look it, but they're rotating doors. xD Or that was the original idea. Like a spinny- four plated door. As for the sakura, see if this is any better.
    As opposed to this.
    (original)

I think what I might do is create some baby pines with that smaller tree trunk. Maybe I'll make some plain old "stumps" too. =3 And do you think I should change the doors anyway? Your comments are much appreciated so thank you!

And here's all the trees so far with a few new things.
    The pink tree was made green. I made a stump. xD And 3 smaller trees, one of which is a pixel wider than the others and one of which has a few pink berries.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2009
    Ima wanna be a beta tester too

This game has had nothing but positive comments, so I'ma wanna beta test!

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Vannah...you are really a goddess!

I'm speechless by how profesional your work is, even though you said its your first try, like with the tiles.

I LOVE the sakura tree. The buildings are just incredible, and the idea with rotating doors is just awesome. You might want to shade one of the doorplates. The left one maybe. Ti show that is farther to the back than the right one. Dunno if you know what i mean ^^"

Also i like you're concept of the Tropius pre evo a lot. The one with the red "stuff" No offence West, but your version looks too much like a small tropius. I know that, thats what its suppost to look like...but what I mean is that it looks as if somebody just shrank a Tropius and cut of the leaves and bananas....

But thats just me....
    Anyways, all of you are doing amazing work. I can't belive how we filled 32(!!!) pages. WOW ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back