• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Vannah...you are really a goddess!

I'm speechless by how profesional your work is, even though you said its your first try, like with the tiles.

I LOVE the sakura tree. The buildings are just incredible, and the idea with rotating doors is just awesome. You might want to shade one of the doorplates. The left one maybe. Ti show that is farther to the back than the right one. Dunno if you know what i mean ^^"

Also i like you're concept of the Tropius pre evo a lot. The one with the red "stuff" No offence West, but your version looks too much like a small tropius. I know that, thats what its suppost to look like...but what I mean is that it looks as if somebody just shrank a Tropius and cut of the leaves and bananas....

But thats just me....
    Anyways, all of you are doing amazing work. I can't belive how we filled 32(!!!) pages. WOW ^^

Wow, hey thanks, yet again. xD And I think I get what you're saying about the buildings.
    [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)
    <--- Maybe? or (doors changed a lil more)
    <-----Maybe (take2)? xD The only difference is the switched colors in the right door panel. The highlight is on the left of the right panel in the first, and on right of right in the other.

As for Tropie, I like both versions. I think his might just need a bald head or something. As for mine, I think maybe the neck needs to be longer... What do you think? Again, with West's Tropie, it's more of a "baby" pokemon if you can see where he's coming from. Like pichu, which looks very similar to pikachu. Or riolu and lucario. (where riolu looks a lot like lucario.) With mine, I was simply thinking of a pre-evolution like with Budew and Rosailia or Trapinch and Vibrava.

As for the project overall, I should be working on whats absolutely necessary first... (trainer sprites, trainer backsprites, already done fakemon backsprites...) and I've gotten some of that done, but doing this kind of thing really slows down the project. xD;

Last edited:
    Years
    WoW, this is the best hack I've seen in a long time. I just spent like all of yesterday reading all 30+ pages. When I first saw this, I was like...oh no fakemon, but then I saw the starters and completely loved them.

I reallly love Vannah's and West's Spriting.
    I am really looking forward to this game's release ( I meant the full release, it seems like the alpha is nearing real close), even though it will take months of time. If there is anything I could do to help, I would do it. I'm not really a spriter, scripter, or mapper so...
    Well good luck on this game, it rocks.
    BTW, how do I put my signature within a Show Spoiler thing?

and am I just dumb or what, how do I use the support banner, I copied and pasted.......

Nevermind, sorry I was just being dumb, just woke up like 15 min ago.

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    I posted these a while ago, but I'm going to do it again. I need some good crit on these. =3
    Probably not the best, but trainer sprites are tough for me. xD I'm just hoping that they aren't too many colors, so if someone could test them, that'd be great.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Excellent C&C. Thanks. ^_^ What do you mean by the Easter egg? XD Am I not seeing something? As for the doors, it may not look it, but they're rotating doors. xD Or that was the original idea. Like a spinny- four plated door. As for the sakura, see if this is any better.
    As opposed to this.
    (original)

I think what I might do is create some baby pines with that smaller tree trunk. Maybe I'll make some plain old "stumps" too. =3 And do you think I should change the doors anyway? Your comments are much appreciated so thank you!

And here's all the trees so far with a few new things.
    The pink tree was made green. I made a stump. xD And 3 smaller trees, one of which is a pixel wider than the others and one of which has a few pink berries.

Wow, hey thanks, yet again. xD And I think I get what you're saying about the buildings.
    <--- Maybe? or (doors changed a lil more)
    <-----Maybe (take2)? xD The only difference is the switched colors in the right door panel. The highlight is on the left of the right panel in the first, and on right of right in the other.

As for Tropie, I like both versions. I think his might just need a bald head or something. As for mine, I think maybe the neck needs to be longer... What do you think? Again, with West's Tropie, it's more of a "baby" pokemon if you can see where he's coming from. Like pichu, which looks very similar to pikachu. Or riolu and lucario. (where riolu looks a lot like lucario.) With mine, I was simply thinking of a pre-evolution like with Budew and Rosailia or Trapinch and Vibrava.

As for the project overall, I should be working on whats absolutely necessary first... (trainer sprites, trainer backsprites, already done fakemon backsprites...) and I've gotten some of that done, but doing this kind of thing really slows down the project. xD;

Much better on the Sakura! The old one made me feel as though it was Fall with the leaves almost gone O_o.

As for the new trees, (and stump,) they look great. The berry tree is my favorite, even though you can barely see the berries.

And, as for the buildings, I see what you were going for now, especially with the lighting on the glass. Just one question, though: Does it ACTUALLY revolve? If so, you may wanna widen the doors a bit, so the trainer can actually go through the door.

Finally, I agree with you, for the most part, about Tropie. I don't think he should be completely bald, but he could have something like a small cap, sorta like a Kippah, (if you don't know, Google it), or something along those lines.

Edit: Just noticed the new trainer sprites. I don't think they have too much color. I do think you may wanna watch how the arms and legs bend. You don't want them to turn into waves of skin and bone. Try editing how the bodies are positioned, or something like that.

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Much better on the Sakura! The old one made me feel as though it was Fall with the leaves almost gone O_o.

As for the new trees, (and stump,) they look great. The berry tree is my favorite, even though you can barely see the berries.

And, as for the buildings, I see what you were going for now, especially with the lighting on the glass. Just one question, though: Does it ACTUALLY revolve? If so, you may wanna widen the doors a bit, so the trainer can actually go through the door.

Finally, I agree with you, for the most part, about Tropie. I don't think he should be completely bald, but he could have something like a small cap, sorta like a Kippah, (if you don't know, Google it), or something along those lines.

Edit: Just noticed the new trainer sprites. I don't think they have too much color. I do think you may wanna watch how the arms and legs bend. You don't want them to turn into waves of skin and bone. Try editing how the bodies are positioned, or something like that.

If the doors actually revolved, that would be a later on thing. I don't know if we can script that. o-o As for the trainers, I'm really bad with legs, and that's probably what you're referring to. Would it help if I edited the female's one awkward looking leg? XDD

Years
    I think the human sprites are all great.
    The official fits the part. She looks like a government type of person.
    When I first saw the Rival, I thought that he would have been a good sprite for the hero. The Rival, in my opinion is the best.
    It may just be me, but I liked the first Heroine better in terms of hair thickness(Volume). I think that the Heroine's right leg(from front view)(actual left leg) would look better if her upper thigh was "slightly" wider but just slightly.

EDIT:I would've quoted your post, but it wouldn't let me post it afterwards.

EDIT:I didn't want to repost as it would have been useless spam. so I'm going to edit it here.

SOLDIER FTW!!
    FF VII series RULES!!

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    If the doors actually revolved, that would be a later on thing. I don't know if we can script that. o-o As for the trainers, I'm really bad with legs, and that's probably what you're referring to. Would it help if I edited the female's one awkward looking leg? XDD

I think the human sprites are all great.
    The official fits the part. She looks like a government type of person.
    When I first saw the Rival, I thought that he would have been a good sprite for the hero. The Rival, in my opinion is the best.
    It may just be me, but I liked the first Heroine better in terms of hair thickness(Volume). I think that the Heroine's right leg(from front view)(actual left leg) would look better if her upper thigh was "slightly" wider but just slightly.

EDIT:I would've quoted your post, but it wouldn't let me post it afterwards.

I have to agree with skyhart. Something needs to be done to the left leg. The more I look at, though, the more I actually kinda like how it is shaped. But I agree: try editing that thigh a bit first.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    O_o There's no difference in hair volume. Maybe you're talking about this.
    She's the bigger sprite that'll be at the beginning in the character choice.

EDIT: I edited the hip and whatnot though. Any better?

Last edited:
    Years
    Oh....Well I don't know maybe its just me but it seems like the hair on her left side(our right) seems like its less thick, like there is less hair.
    Well I guess the hair is ok.
    Then the only thing to edit slightly is her left upper thigh. As most women's legs are thick on upper thigh, and then become less thick as it goes down.
    Not trying to be sexist or anything like that. I apologize if it sounded bad.

EDIT: I Zoomed in on the smaller sprite, and I think that on her leg, if you add like i pixel of width, it would help.
    Your sprites are really good btw.

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Oh....Well I don't know maybe its just me but it seems like the hair on her left side(our right) seems like its less thick, like there is less hair.
    Well I guess the hair is ok.
    Then the only thing to edit slightly is her left upper thigh. As most women's legs are thick on upper thigh, and then become less thick as it goes down.
    Not trying to be sexist or anything like that. I apologize if it sounded bad.

No problem. I'll fix it up a bit.

EDIT:

Last edited:
    Years
    That's great, I can see a difference in width.
    I think it will be perfect if you add like one more pixel of width above the knee. If you zoom on the browser, you will see what I'm talking about.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    That's great, I can see a difference in width.
    I think it will be perfect if you add like one more pixel of width above the knee. If you zoom on the browser, you will see what I'm talking about.

Im not sure which area you're talking about. Maybe you could do me a favor and edit it with that pixel? xD

Years
    I really would like to help, but I'm not really a graphics editor, and I don't have any programs.

I don't even have photoshop, lol
    Um..if your using Internet Explorer as your browser, you can increase the zoom. If you do look at the kneecap of her left leg (the right from our view) and right above it, it looks like a one pixel indention into the leg slightly, so if you were to move it outward. It would be perfect.

But its still good the way it is now, its whatever, you want to do with it.

EDIT: BTW did you draw that picture in your sig. It's AWESOME!!!!!!\

EDIT: Also, I know your currently full with beta/alpha testers, but if there is an opening, I would be greatful, if I were to be chosen.

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    I really would like to help, but I'm not really a graphics editor, and I don't have any programs.

I don't even have photoshop, lol
    Um..if your using Internet Explorer as your browser, you can increase the zoom. If you do look at the kneecap of her left leg (the right from our view) and right above it, it looks like a one pixel indention into the leg slightly, so if you were to move it outward. It would be perfect.

But its still good the way it is now, its whatever, you want to do with it.

EDIT: BTW did you draw that picture in your sig. It's AWESOME!!!!!!\

EDIT: Also, I know your currently full with beta/alpha testers, but if there is an opening, I would be greatful, if I were to be chosen.

You could edit it with paint. (Or you could even use paint.net) xD I do all sprites on paint and all OWs on BYOND's dreammaker. I do save it in photoshop though. o-o And yep, I did. xD Thanks.

Also, the alpha doesn't go that far yet as far as I know, so I'm not sure we need that many testers yet.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    You could just PM it to her. Or, if you both have any kind of messenger, you could transfer it via that as well. Also, I have IE 8 and it's not letting me zoom in on the image to see what you are saying.

Side-note: I think Mac said that, as far as most Alpha's go, this one is gonna be fairly long.

Years
    You could just PM it to her. Or, if you both have any kind of messenger, you could transfer it via that as well. Also, I have IE 8 and it's not letting me zoom in on the image to see what you are saying.

Side-note: I think Mac said that, as far as most Alpha's go, this one is gonna be fairly long.

Uh I'm using IE 8 as well, its in the bottom right corner. There is a Magnifying glass with a percentage beside it.

Ok thanks, I will PM the pic to you Vannah.

EDIT:Sorry, for some reason, I can't use the Insert Image button, it just opens a window with nothing.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Umm I just decided to try that 1 pixel edit.
    Here's the image:

Somehow it still looks kinda strange to me... ^^;
    BTW I only edited the small one.

Here's an edit with 2 pixels added:

But I'm not good at judging sprites good or bad.
    (not unless they're something like this)

coz THAT ^ is bad. 0.o
    (i made it in like 30 seconds. purposely to be horribly made)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back