• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
well i like the one with the blue background but only because it is bouncing on its tail and looks a bit cuter that way well i hope you guys can work this out is it really worth falling about which sprite looks better?

thanks

Completely worth it. We need the best sprites possible in game.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
The secound one because it looks cute but maybe to sort this out maybe you could make the one without the legs could be a prevolution of the other one and maybe just change a few things on one of them then they both will appear on the game so the it would stop the arguing :) please think about it

thanks

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
The secound one because it looks cute but maybe to sort this out maybe you could make the one without the legs could be a prevolution of the other one and maybe just change a few things on one of them then they both will appear on the game so the it would stop the arguing :) please think about it

thanks

That was the idea. The one holding its feet is Blowey. Kangokick is the next evolution. = D

e1cmkk.jpg
30uqwdj_th.jpg
We're trying to figure out which Kangokick looks better.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
well i would pick the first one because it looks most like blowey

1st one: looks cuter if thats what your looking for

2nd: looks tougher if thats what your looking for

i know im not very helpful

thanks

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
The second one's tail looks pointy and flat at the bottom, but if you fix that it would most definitely be my choice. Maybe just make it like the others tail? The first one looks cute, so if you want it to be cuddly, go for it!

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
The second one's tail looks pointy and flat at the bottom, but if you fix that it would most definitely be my choice. Maybe just make it like the others tail? The first one looks cute, so if you want it to be cuddly, go for it!

Cute was what I was going for with both Blowey, and Kangokick. Their evolution is fierce enough. But, I think we need a definite answer between the two. X]

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
well im glade i helped i just wanna keep the peace plus i dont want 2 really good spriters falling out im looking fowerd to this game lol :) well good luck you 2 :)

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
0.0 wow...

I just logged in and noticed that Torzach had 2 more pages since I last logged in... I wonder what's going on! (big update!?)
Then this xD
Anyway, glad that's sorted out!

Now I was wondering how far the tile inserting was, since I'd like to do something(scripting wise) before I leave :D...
Since I'll be gone for 4 weeks... (Atlus will take over scripting in the meantime...)
But if there's anything to do just tell me! :P

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
0.0 wow...

I just logged in and noticed that Torzach had 2 more pages since I last logged in... I wonder what's going on! (big update!?)
Then this xD
Anyway, glad that's sorted out!

Now I was wondering how far the tile inserting was, since I'd like to do something(scripting wise) before I leave :D...
Since I'll be gone for 4 weeks... (Atlus will take over scripting in the meantime...)
But if there's anything to do just tell me! :P

Well, it's not mapping exactly, but I have been working on some tiles. They're my first, so I don't know how good they are, and then I don't have a lot done yet. But, if that surmises, then I guess I could show you. = D

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
o wow those pics look amazingthey look way way way better than normal real pokemon made by nintendo and im not even egsaturating wow :) now im really excited

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
I'm with Lyzo. WOW. That was a minor battle in the War of Sprites, but it was a doozy.....

Well, I know it is decided, but may I make a suggestion, West? Is it possible for you to make your Kangokick look just a tad more aggressive? I've always seen that the aggressive Pokemon progress in aggressiveness, from cute to the Incredible Hulk. You shouldn't just be going straight from cute to angry. Even Ursaring looks like a moody teddybear, rather than a grizzly who just stubbed his toe.....

Well, I guess I'm done. I just have one thing to say: please try not to squabble, you two. You are both gifted, but are totally different in your styles. West, yours do remind me of G/S/C era sprites. Vannah, yours remind me more of D/P/Pt combined with the FR/LG style. I understand that it is fustrating for the two of you to try and get the other to understand the 'Why Factor' for your own sprites. It's like trying to make an apple like an orange and vise-versa. I agree with *insert name here.* He has the right idea. Rather than constantly trying to 'fix' the other person's sprite, let the followers decide what looks wrong. THEY'RE the ones who'll be what decides whether it is good or not. Plus, you should never, I mean NEVER allow someone who works with you to criticize. There is always some level of bad blood. A total stranger is always best for this sort of thing.

Well, now that my long-winded speech is over, I will end with a little saying:
"I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing."

Well, I'm gonna be off indefinately. My dad is at the ER. He's having serious problems with his one good arm.... 'Til then, adios.

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
2h3xvfd.jpg
So
e1cmkk.jpg
is okay considering the beast it evolves into? o-o Or do you want the same eyes on the final evo? c:

Of course not. I will give it serious eyes. It's like Charmander and Charizard. Charmander looks REAL cute, but it evolves into a dragon with fierce eyes. If you're saying I have to make Kangokicks eyes the same as the concept art, because of its evolution, I will say there is always a way around obstickels. Common sense would tell you, "why not just keep what looks the best on Kangokick, and then make Blowgaroo look fierce?"

EDIT @XIV: You have a point. But, the question arises that, what if the edited sprite doesn't look very good? Et cetera. I can give it a try, but no promises.

EDIT:

2ex106r.jpg
Okay, so how about now?

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Alright I agree with ya now. One little change with the eye though. You know how pikachu, charmander, eevee, etc (if you look really close) have an amber/brown/blue colored ring around the eye? Could you try something like that maybe? c:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back