• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
  • Vote for the Sirgit of your choice. >D And remember, I have candy. o__o lolz OH and I have sprouting sirgits. They come in peach, mango, and grape flavors.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • I don't assume I've won. But your sirgit sprite bothers the heck out out of me in some ways. Nice shading on the butt though. o-o xD Hum... I'll draw some sirgit fanart later. West, you do know I'm just messing with you right? =p We're compadres. xDD Anyway Here's me making a sprite progressively worse/stranger. XDDD
    [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)
    Mac suggested I turn the head around, so I did... and then...

I hate it when people do that... o.0 Hey, what bothers you? But, next time could you not edit my sprites? When someone said "I like this one better! But yours is good too, Westrmistr." It just hurt... :( Yours is an edit anyways. The idea is mine, and you get all credit for the "finished" sprite that goes in the game. That's why I don't want anyone editing my sprites without asking.

And the Unifly looks good. But the white dot should be moved because it makes his eye look weird, on the note that you're using the far right one.

Well, I just messed around and made one more Sirgit...

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • I hate it when people do that... o.0 Hey, what bothers you? But, next time could you not edit my sprites? When someone said "I like this one better! But yours is good too, Westrmistr." It just hurt... :( Yours is an edit anyways. The idea is mine, and you get all credit for the "finished" sprite that goes in the game. That's why I don't want anyone editing my sprites without asking.

And the Unifly looks good. But the white dot should be moved because it makes his eye look weird, on the note that you're using the far right one.

Well, I just messed around and made one more Sirgit...

In all fairness, I only kept the butt in the end. xD But anyway, it doesn't matter to me who gets credit for it. And anyway when the credits at the end of the game go out, its going to be "Sprites: West, Vannah, etc" not each one individually. We're in this together. The legs are beginning to get better in yours, but the face still really bothers me.

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • In all fairness, I only kept the butt in the end. xD But anyway, it doesn't matter to me who gets credit for it. The legs are beginning to get better in yours, but the face still really bothers me.

>.> Well, I'm done for now... It just really hurt when someone chose your edited sprite over my sprite that I worked hard on. .__.

And why does it's face bother you? The only difference is my Sirgit has slightly smaller eyes.

I'm just done...

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)
    Well when I edited it, I found out that it looked a lot better without the black outline at the bottom of the eyes. I see where you're coming from. The nose could be a bit lower and the bottom of the ear is very close to the eye. That was moved up so that it was more in line with that cross section of the tuff on top of the head. And I'm sorry about that. =/ I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Mine would be hurt too. ^_^;; You do really great sprites a lot of the time. But eventually all your sprites will be really good. You're just learning. I started spriting a long time ago. I've loved to draw since I was a kid. Like I said, you've been doing really well for yourself. And Im sorry that I keep offending you. ^_^; Just remember, we're in this together. =3 Plus, when you start a sprite and I edit it, it makes it a lot easier for me, in all honesty. xD You get the basic idea, and I finish it. Of course, some times, you do a perfect job. 8D

And on this sprite, a lot of things are good. On the eyes especially though, the black outlining makes it seem like the eyes are huge, and we both know that they're really not.

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)
    Well when I edited it, I found out that it looked a lot better without the black outline at the bottom of the eyes. I see where you're coming from. The nose could be a bit lower and the bottom of the ear is very close to the eye. That was moved up so that it was more in line with that cross section of the tuff on top of the head.

Thanks, but I think I could've done it myself if you just told me... -__- I wonder what Mac will say?

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    I like that one the best. It just looks better with the head being smaller.

Now, I'm going to protect my sprite as much as I can, so I edited him some more.

uhh, agree completely. i like your sprite better (no offense vannah, your sprites are still amazing ^.^)
    it seems happy go-lucky and fun!

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • I kinda like Vannah's Sirgit more... That's my opinion though. West's is good, but I just seem to like Vannah's better - not sure exactly why - it just seems to appeal to me more. But I don't want the one that sprouts leaves - not even if it's chocolate flavored. LOL

I think it's good that you both are critiquing the other person's sprite... it really makes it a team effort... So as long as you're both credited for the sprites (in general) then shouldn't that be okay? I don't think people who play Torzach are gonna spam a spriter's inbox just because a sprite is good or bad - nor will they worship or hate a spriter... I really do think this should be a team effort. Just think about people (such as myself) who have nothing to do with the Sirgit sprite(s) but are giving feedback, and you guys are editing accordingly. So regardless, I don't think any one person can take full credit for the chosen Sirgit.

Oh, before I forget, I kinda think Inufly's head should be a bit higher... it looks pasted on to me... Just my opinion (again)! I'm talking about the ones with the turned head by the way. ^^

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Well, uh, thanks! =D I'm glad you like it!

Well opinions are opinions. o-o And I could've told you to edit it, but I'm impatient. Mac said he'd leave this one up to the public anyway. I dunno bout the one that you made wit the foot up, though. In that position, even without the stubby feet, the toes of the feet wouldn't be positioned like that. But see? Some people see where you're coming from. ^_^ Anyway. All this time instead of being productive with homework and whatnot...
    Kinda bad, but, I like it somehow. See to me,
    Looks more like the drawing than
    I think that if you just deleted that black outline under the eyes and lifted up that one spot on the ear, it'd be great. Oh and make the mouth have more of a red color. o-o That would do it. Of course, I still stilll adore my shading positioning, mouth and ears.

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • Oh and in case it wasn't clear, I guess I'll be voting for Vannah's Sirgit. ^^ me liek cookiez XD
    no that's not why. but i liek cookiez almost as much as i liek mudkipz. XD
    (i worship mudkip)

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    I have a neutral suggestion to both of you: why don't you make Sirgit sit and have it's head cocked? I mean, no offense, since neither side can be decided upon, why not try a new approach? I know you have both worked hard, but, it couldn't hurt, could it?

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Hum... I'm not making another Sirgit for now. O_o Working on INU *not uni* fly again. XDDDD
    And minchan's right. We need to stop fighting over this. o_o Tell you what. I'll let you edit a sprite o' mine some time? xD You're always allowed to edit any sprite of mine if you think something needs to be fixed. Then we'll have joys like this over and over again. ;_;

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • Hum... I'm not making another Sirgit for now. O_o Working on INU *not uni* fly again. XDDDD
    And minchan's right. We need to stop fighting over this. o_o Tell you what. I'll let you edit a sprite o' mine some time? xD You're always allowed to edit any sprite of mine if you think something needs to be fixed. Then we'll have joys like this over and over again. ;_;

LOL I IZ SO SMART XD

and i forgot the name all together... so i copied what i saw on another post on this page. XD

GAHH NO MORE 'JOYS' LIKE THIS! ^^;;;

edit: I edited my other post so 'inufly' is spelled right. XD

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • LOL I IZ SO SMART XD

and i forgot the name all together... so i copied what i saw on another post on this page. XD

GAHH NO MORE 'JOYS' LIKE THIS! ^^;;;

edit: I edited my other post so 'inufly' is spelled right. XD

Yew IZ vary smartz. Afterall Inufly should be part unicorn. o_o
    If anyones interested.... Just btw... Anyone wanna see my first sprites ever?
    Yuk.
    Or at least the first sprites I wasn't afraid to upload. o_o

Boo, I enjoy joy. XD

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    The purple fox one isn't that bad. But what I meant by making new sprites was to help get over your little competition. Minchan was right about the fact that most people don't remember each member of the team and their jobs, but the finished product as a whole.

Pokedigi7

Zapdos Trainer
    Years
  • where could you download this game or something like that. please tell me.
    By game i meant hack they are basically the same thing. right?

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Wow, so many posts ^^ I'll try my best to reply to the ones that need replys....
    *le gasp*
    What is this? A hack involving fakemon that are actually sprites and not crappy drawings? HUZZAH!
    I think I might just add a support banner thing to my sig, simply because of the very well done sprites! Although...Ponleaf...oh well, it still looks awesome :D
    I'm glad you like'm all :D We'll try and sort out Ponleaf....
    Glad the project is moving and gladly supporting it ^-^ Vannah your spriting's awesome, hope you don't quit the great work! :D
    Thanks :D And don't forget our other spriter West!! I couldn't do anything without either of them ^^
    Here's a backsprite.

Here's a something.
    Love the backsprite, and that is one heck of a something ^^ I've always loved Lumphyri :D
    wow you guys are really pulling this along ^_^ congratz way to go mac and everyone else. im just sorry i was too busy to sprite for this lol.
    No worries, we seem to have it covered by the look of it ;)
    Wow. This looks great. i can't wait for a beta to come out. they look so real. just like acanthite.
    Like Acanthite? Well, thanks ^^
    I'm glad you got the backsprite done ^^ It looks good :D
    Hum... I'm not making another Sirgit for now. O_o Working on INU *not uni* fly again. XDDDD
    I'm in love with Inufly, in that non-romantic way.... Its really great. :D
    Yew IZ vary smartz. Afterall Inufly should be part unicorn. o_o
    If anyones interested.... Just btw... Anyone wanna see my first sprites ever?
    Yuk.
    Or at least the first sprites I wasn't afraid to upload. o_o

Boo, I enjoy joy. XD
    Well, they aren't bad, I'd say the best one is the cat-with-wings :D But, you've come a long way, and you've gotten a but better, I'd say ;)
    where could you download this game or something like that. please tell me
    ... No Alpha, and its not a game. Please read the post before you ask :\

Alright, now, I love this little sprite-battle thing that's going on, but make sure no one is offensive or nasty to anyone. I don't want anyone's feelings hurt. West and Vannah are two of the best spriters that I've ever met, and I think its a great idea that they improve each others sprites ^^ That way, we'll get the best sprite in the end ^^ Now, we just have to work out which Sirgit to use ;)
    Also, a few people have been saying that I'm not the only one allowed to use Aminakos work? Well, for those of you who know where it is, you may want to go check it out. She's putten up the limitations and permissions now. Thankies~ ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back