• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Here! Last sprite for tonight! I've gotta go, but I'll be back tomorrow!

[HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Vannah, do me a favor and NOT post that edited Meestlee. PLEASE. So there it is, and I'll be back tomorrow! Bye! And the tree looks good.

Amazingly better. I would take the tiny right most pixel off the end of that poofball so it wasn't so pointy, but other than that, its good.

EDIT: We have the most posts in the progressive hacks part of the forum! ^_^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    The tree is great. Of course it depends on where you are going to use it, like in what area. It looks kinda mystifyng or spooky to me :) But i like that. I would give an A- for that one ^^

Also, I love what you guys did with the marowak evo. looks the best ever :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    What's the name of Maro's evo and could you enlighten us on another past pokemon that is getting a new evolution cuz Marowak's evo form is sweet.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    Amazingly better. I would take the tiny right most pixel off the end of that poofball so it wasn't so pointy, but other than that, its good.

EDIT: We have the most posts in the progressive hacks part of the forum! ^_^

Awesome! And, here is the (hopefully) finished Meestlee sprite!

What's the name of Maro's evo and could you enlighten us on another past pokemon that is getting a new evolution cuz Marowak's evo form is sweet.

Well, I don't know how much I can tell ya. o__o I can tell you that I've made a baby Pokemon to go with Tropius though! XD But there is one for Laprus.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013

I seem to wanna say its name is Skulleer... Don't take my word for it though.
    As for new evos, I seem to remember reading somewhere aways back that there is going to be a Licki pre-evo and possibly an alternate evo, but again, don't take my word for it. O_o

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Awesome! And, here is the (hopefully) finished Meestlee sprite!

Well, I don't know how much I can tell ya. o__o I can tell you that I've made a baby Pokemon to go with Tropius though! XD But there is one for Laprus.

Meestlee is fine for now. =3 I could pick on a few other things and make it just right, but I really have to edit it myself to figure that out.
    Oh, and do you think we can edit Tropie? I didn't particularly like his overall concept or size. =/

Page 30. o_o

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Meestlee is fine for now. =3 I could pick on a few other things and make it just right, but I really have to edit it myself to figure that out.
    Oh, and do you think we can edit Tropie? I didn't particularly like his overall concept or size. =/

Page 30. o_o

Holy crap. it IS 30 pages. XD

Tropie kinda struck me as odd from the start... It just looks like a young Tropius... I suppose that's why it's a pre-evo, but think about it:
    something like a Zigzagoon. it doesn't look like a baby Linoone to me...

But do you get where I'm coming from with this? ^^

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years

Page 30. o_o

Okay, but I came up with him in the first place, so I want to do all editing.

Tropie kinda struck me as odd from the start... It just looks like a young Tropius... I suppose that's why it's a pre-evo, but think about it:
    something like a Zigzagoon. it doesn't look like a baby Linoone to me...

But do you get where I'm coming from with this? ^^
    Hey, that was a quick, baseless sprite. =/ And yes. But if no one is happy with it, I'll edited it...

Edit: I have made concept art! XD

Now, it's my first shot at this, so that's why it's turned to the side. But, it looks good to me! XD

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    It's supposed to be looking at the opponent. Plus, it still looks like a freshly hatched tropius. xD Mind if I give it a shot? I just don't like the concept at all. There are way too many things that need to be changed.

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    It's supposed to be looking at the opponent. Plus, it still looks like a freshly hatched tropius. xD Mind if I give it a shot? I just don't like the concept at all. There are way too many things that need to be changed.

It's supposed to be a freshly hatched Tropius! XD Note the four buds and flower. Note the big eyes, and cute face.

But, if you want, you can. BUT, Just PM it to me so I can see what you don't like. =/

Hey, like I said, I made this guy from scratch, there was no concept art. Heck, if it wasn't for shadowamphoros asking about a baby for Tropius, and me wanting to sprite it, Tropie might not exist.

So, just PM!

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    It's supposed to be a freshly hatched Tropius! XD Note the four buds and flower. Note the big eyes, and cute face.

But, if you want, you can. BUT, Just PM it to me so I can see what you don't like. =/

Hey, like I said, I made this guy from scratch, there was no concept art. Heck, if it wasn't for shadowamphoros asking about a baby for Tropius, and me wanting to sprite it, Tropie might not exist.

So, just PM!

Kay, but just so you know, I didn't even edit yours. I made my own. =p Therefore, I'm going to post it here, since it's not an edit. I'll send it first though.

And it's not a freshly hatched tropius. It's a pre evolution.

EDIT:

Well, here tis.

Two versions. One has a smallish snout; the other's is very.... Humphrey-largish. xD

EDIT:

After looking at most of the other sprites, I've noticed that the sprites we've been making have been getting smaller and smaller. ;_;' It's fine for now, but remember to use a bulbasaur or something for a size reference for 1st stages, etc. When you look at tropie (any of the 3 versions), misteelee, and bugly, and compare them to
    , you'll see a big size difference. o_o 'Member, bigger (at this point) is better!

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Kay, but just so you know, I didn't even edit yours. I made my own. =p Therefore, I'm going to post it here, since it's not an edit. I'll send it first though.

And it's not a freshly hatched tropius. It's a pre evolution.

EDIT:

Well, here tis.

Two versions. One has a smallish snout; the other's is very.... Humphrey-largish. xD

EDIT:

After looking at most of the other sprites, I've noticed that the sprites we've been making have been getting smaller and smaller. ;_;' It's fine for now, but remember to use a bulbasaur or something for a size reference for 1st stages, etc.

I really like that design! ^^ It works as a prevo of Tropius. ^^ Uhh I'm using "^^" too much, ne?? ^^;;
    See what I mean?!?! LOL

But really. I like this sort of thing better. My opinion. ahaha... but really. I think this might go over better.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    I really like that design! ^^ It works as a prevo of Tropius. ^^ Uhh I'm using "^^" too much, ne?? ^^;;
    See what I mean?!?! LOL

But really. I like this sort of thing better. My opinion. ahaha... but really. I think this might go over better.

That's what I thought would happen... ;_;

And Vannah, I know it's a pre evolution. But they are rightly called Baby Pokemon. (Same with the Legendary Beasts, Entei, Raikou and Suikune. Some peopele call them Legendary dogs, when that's incorrect) They were all called that in the Gold Silver and Crystal games.

NOW! I will re-scratch another Tropie, to see if some people will like it. (Fat chance...)

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    See what I mean?!?! LOL

Ok but should I keep the necks this length or make them longer? And which side looks better?

EDIT:

Pre-evolution. Many fake pre-evos have been made, which may look only barely like their successor. And I like to think of them as legit pre evolutions. Like Trapinch to Vibrava and *Budew to Rosalia (which is a legit baby pokemon and looks nothing like Rosalia. Proved my point with that. xD)

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Ok but should I keep the necks this length or make them longer? And which side looks better?

EDIT:

Pre-evolution. Many fake pre-evos have been made, which may look only barely like their successor. And I like to think of them as legit pre evolutions. Like Trapinch to Vibrava and Bewdew to Rosalia (which is a legit baby pokemon and looks nothing like Rosalia. Proved my point with that. xD)

You misspelled Budew. XD XD XD *i iz da grammar policez* not. lol

Anyway...

when you say which side looks better... are u refering to which of the 2 sprites u posted just now?? coz if you are i like the second one. (the one on the right)

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    You misspelled Budew. XD XD XD *i iz da grammar policez* not. lol

Anyway...

when you say which side looks better... are u refering to which of the 2 sprites u posted just now?? coz if you are i like the second one. (the one on the right)

Cool beans. xD And dont worry. I like your police-ness. I used to roleplay a lot, but when I stopped, I stopped caring *as much* about my grammar and whatnot. Your policism is much appreciated. It makes my day, even. xD
    Alright --- the right most sprite. What can I do to improve it? =3 I made the 'nanners red because that's how they are when they're just little ones. xD But for the sake of people who recognize bananas in the yellow form, should I make them yellow? Or should I keep the red and add another highlight?

And West, don't forget: You're much appreciated. =3 Really, I'd feel alone in this if you weren't around.

EDIT:
    Fixed *Budew. XDDD

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    This looks really good, guys! As always, the sprites look amazing, and I have no qualms about much else. I think this'll make it pretty far.. maybe even get finished. Few hacks get to that title, and this one probably will deserve it.

Of course, that's just thinking about the looks of it. Just the sprites and stuff. The tiles are alright, but the fact that there's a base involved just doesn't make it as good as it should be. As for scripts; well, as far as I've seen, which is probably more than everyone except for those that are on the team, they're pretty decent. They could be improved greatly, as all scripts can, but they are better than basic scripting training would imply. Mapping, is nice overall. The only complaint I have there is that the grass is too sporadic.. as random as grass is, it should grow in clumps, like on a lawn, not like a weed would.

Anyways, that's my opinion. Good luck to you guys!

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    This looks really good, guys! As always, the sprites look amazing, and I have no qualms about much else. I think this'll make it pretty far.. maybe even get finished. Few hacks get to that title, and this one probably will deserve it.

Of course, that's just thinking about the looks of it. Just the sprites and stuff. The tiles are alright, but the fact that there's a base involved just doesn't make it as good as it should be. As for scripts; well, as far as I've seen, which is probably more than everyone except for those that are on the team, they're pretty decent. They could be improved greatly, as all scripts can, but they are better than basic scripting training would imply. Mapping, is nice overall. The only complaint I have there is that the grass is too sporadic.. as random as grass is, it should grow in clumps, like on a lawn, not like a weed would.

Thanks. ^_^ The tiles and whatnot will be improved. If you'll look back a page or two, you'll see a new tree. There'll be more stuff and original tiles eventually, but that'll be when we get a very talented original tiler on the team. For now, we're doing the best we can. ^_^; And this hack will reach its end and will have a few sequels I think. Mac's not giving up, and neither are we. xD And that's for sure.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years

I'm glad you believe this hack is doing well! I'm gonna keep up my support the best I can. ^^ Even if it's only making banners and beta testing. LOL I have a good feeling as well that this hack will get finished sooner or later!

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    Pre-evolution. Many fake pre-evos have been made, which may look only barely like their successor. And I like to think of them as legit pre evolutions. Like Trapinch to Vibrava and *Budew to Rosalia (which is a legit baby pokemon and looks nothing like Rosalia. Proved my point with that. xD)

Dubew is a bud for Roselia. Budews face is where Roselia's stomach will be. The bud on it's head will turn into the roses on Roselia's hands. And it "grows" a new head. And it does resemble Roselia slightly. And Trapinch isn't a Baby Pokemon. It's the first Pokemon of a family, there is a diferance.

Now, I'm tired of being ignored and looked down upon. I'm tired of people saying they have won while the battle wages on. And I am tired of people taking my ideas and being praised for them.

Tropie. Tropical pie. Baby to Tropius. How does it look?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back