• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: (HOTW: 8#) Pokémon Silvercurrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

indepth

Soon to be..
Years
Awesome.. I guess

Awesome... I guess, due to the lack of quality in your maps. However, your scripts, are great, nothing wrong with them; none the less you could still improve, always room for improvement I always say. So, good luck; carry on believing!

Pellio

Dragonair :D
Years
Hey I'm not sure when you emailed me about the thread but I'll post the hero OWs that I sent you already on here anyways XD
hero1.png

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
One more question to ask you, Pellio.
Do you know how to make Title Screen Sprites?

To TSK: Your Hack is awesome, but can insert Pellio's OW's in the game?

I played Beta 1, and it is great. But I think I noticed 1 Grammactical mistake.

Pic 1: It should be Tougher Trainers, not Tougher Trainer. The "s" flied away.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Pellio's OW will of course be inserted, it'll be for the next release though.
Oh,and thanks for the heads up =]

Mini update, Rival's first appearance

Silvercurrent will be incorporating the good ol' rival concept.
Current new script count: 3

Current new map count: 7 (I'm doing the mapping first)
I'll put up pics if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pellio

Years
Number Prince: I'm not sure about title sprites...

and I've also realised my battle sprites might be too big for the game because they are DPP style :(

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2011
uh i dont know if you alredy know this but wurmple and ladyba arnt evolving i dont press b or anything so i thought I should let you know and if you alredy do sorry for metioning it

Anti Hero

Bagel
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2009
Thank you Number Prince :)
Yes the hero definitely needs work, but as I put, I've only just started him, was just checking to see if TSK liked where I was going with it, I will post the finished sprite when its done.
Yes I would like to do the OWs as well but I wasn't sure whether to do them FR or DP style because the sprites are in DP style but its a FR ROM base, also in TSK's video the OW is riding a Lapras, but when I searched for FR OWs the surfing sprite was on a weird platform type thing? :S

Im a spriter myself, but never have i tried pokemon spriting, maybe better hair i suppose? I love your heroine though, she needs no wrk done to her, i like it alot.

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Looks, fairly good, has some tile errors, mainly tree shading, but a few others as well.
Good luck :)

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
uh i dont know if you alredy know this but wurmple and ladyba arnt evolving i dont press b or anything so i thought I should let you know and if you alredy do sorry for metioning it

Is this before you receive the Dex from Blaine? I faintly remember having him hand out the national pokédex.

Looks, fairly good, has some tile errors, mainly tree shading, but a few others as well.
Good luck

Could you make note of them, please? ;] (Most interested in the not tree ones)

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I haven't forgotten about you, you know ;)
I've been playing for awhile and I noticed the maps are very plain and simple Lol...That's about my only criticism on this game ^_^

I really like the hard trainers, because it makes the game more challenging and fun to play..also very long >_>
I'm at the Rocket part, the part where the are slaving people in the cave. Great job so far! Keep it up

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
I haven't forgotten about you, you know ;)
I've been playing for awhile and I noticed the maps are very plain and simple Lol...That's about my only criticism on this game ^_^

I really like the hard trainers, because it makes the game more challenging and fun to play..also very long >_>
I'm at the Rocket part, the part where the are slaving people in the cave. Great job so far! Keep it up

Yeah, the maps... I just can't seem to make them appealing, oh well it's probably why I put so much effort into my scripts(yay compensation ;]).

If you don't skip to many battles you actually should be able to breeze through though.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Why can't people appreciate good hacks? You know the ones with originality?
I think you should keep on hacking, even though people might not "see" your hack all the way through.

Best of luck, I fully support this ;)

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
@cooley:

Thanks for the support =]

@shrey2008:

Tilesets are not on my list of most important elements, I could ask Pellio(who's trying to do something about my mediocre mapping atm aside from spriting) if he could take a look at it.

Last edited:

Pellio

Years
Hey, sorry TSK, I'm still on a lazy streak :P Will be checking out the mapping tonight however. I would definitely be up for thinking about tiles but *only* once all the sprites etc are done, so I wouldn't watch this space just yet ^___^;;

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Hey, sorry TSK, I'm still on a lazy streak :P Will be checking out the mapping tonight however. I would definitely be up for thinking about tiles but *only* once all the sprites etc are done, so I wouldn't watch this space just yet ^___^;;

No problem, quality is the more important aspect! Take your time.

SiR Hades

Absol are teh Gr8est!!!1!!
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I just finsihed the Beta, and I had a really good time with it. I really like being able to get magby and elekid. The only bug that I noticed was on Route 3, the side near Plana City, there is a great ball that will reappear every time you enter a building and come back out.

Also, maybe you meant to leave it this way, there are no wild pokemon in the water on Route 3.

Nothing too major, but I can at least feel like I helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back