• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Household Duties

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
  • Or chores. That is a more appropriate word, lol. xD

What kind of chores do you do around your house? Do you do a lot or a little? Do you split them amongst siblings and parents? What chores do you like to do, and what are your least favorite chores? Do you prefer outdoor chores, or indoor?

Discuss chores! XD And yeah, answer any questions I didn't ask, lol.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Every kind of chore, since I'm living by myself.

When I used to live with my family, though, I was always the one that cleaned and sweeped the house. The chores were equally distributed and so, my brother also had his fair share. (my sister was too young to do chores)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Apart from the occasional room tidy-up and taking the dog out for a walk every day, my parents never made me or my brother do chores. When we got older and they thought we should have more responsibility (i.e. washing the dishes), we'd normally pout until they relented. God, we were petulant kids.

In my current arrangement, I normally do the bathroom, and the rest of my housemates do other stuff. Seems to be working out well so far.

Awesome.

Gotta go fast!!!
    Years
  • I make juice. I'm not even kidding ;;. With 5 other siblings in the house someone has to, besides my siblings suck at making juice. That grape juice will always be gross though *shudder*. I like it though because I get to choose which flavor :D.

Oh and with me and 5 other siblings the chores don't need to be distributed, they just are distributed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't really do any chores other than cleaning up my room or calling people when it's time to leave. When I was in the US, I voluntarily cleaned up the table after meals and washed the dishes.

Years
  • Dishes, when I can be bothered. My roommate won't touch them. >___>; I also tidy up when I feel it's needed. At least I can get my roommate to do that though. Basically I do the majority of the cleaning. (It's my fault for not making my roommate do anything though.)

When I was little, I also did dishes as my chore. At least I got paid for that though. Now the only payment I get is knowing my sink is clean. ;___; Being an adult sucks sometimes!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I feel so lazy saying this, but I literally do nothing. My parents never made me do anything, aside from clean my room when we had people coming over. Nowadays, I'll sometimes unpack/repack the dishwasher if I'm at home by myself, but all in all I still pretty much do nothing to help out.

It's not my fault though, I was never asked to help or anything. My parents never whined, so I was never really brought up thinking "oh I should help out!" So really it's their own fault. If they wanted help they could have asked lol.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Lol, I feel so busy when I read everyone else's posts. xD

Well, I do a lot of stuff. I clean the kitchen (wash dishes/unload, load dishwasher/sweep and mop floor) every night, I clean both bathrooms every now and then, I vacuum the house, stack firewood when we get some, gather firewood in winter, start fires in the fireplace, clean rooms, including my parent's from time to time, I am in charge of cleaning up the little...accidents our pets make, driving my great grandmother around for her stuff, and pretty much anything else my parent's can think of. xD I do quite a bit around the house I suppose. ^__^ And that list is WITHOUT mowing both yards and cleaning the pool on it, ever since my parents my my brother start doing the mowing, and now it is fall so the pool can be ignored, lol. XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    tbh I'm not actually responsible for a whole lot. :x The only things I can name off the top of my head are cleaning my bathroom, emptying/filling the dishwasher, and clearing dishes after dinner. And I share those chores with my sister sooooo.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • We have them split up in my household. Between my Parents, myself and my brother; we also have a timetable on the fridge to tell us who does what on which days of the week. Unfortunately, I have chores such as washing up the laundry, the dishes and then hanging out the wet clothes in the garden to dry. Every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but I tend to forget to do them now and then.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Eh, nothing like I do daily. Well, not to say I don't do them, just not set chores. I'll most likely do them as soon as my Mum or Dad will ask me to do something, or just help out with sometime. I still have clean up my room all the time etc...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    The only "chore" I do really is keep my room tidy and wash up the dishes I have up there.

Oh, and I walk the dog sometimes, but that's not really a household chore :laugh:

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    my roommate and i kinda just eyeball things that are out of place (an extremely dusty corner, a full laundry basket, a mirror so polluted by toothpaste and hairspray marks that i can't make out my reflection) and take care of them. no system or list of things or anything like that.

smithtism

Blank
    Years
  • Nothing special: cooking, laundry, dishes, stuff like that.

It doesn't bother me that much, but my brother could stand to help out more and complain less.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't have any 'duties' per say, I just clean the house whenever it looks dirty. Which, by the way, is of my own choice because I hate dirty houses.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • I do alot of chorus at home non-stop but I normally do indoor chorus than outdoor and I normally do laundary work and my favourite would be doing cooking.

GGJ

Roaming & Learning
    Years
  • In all honesty I don't do half as much chores when I was younger so nowadays I occasionally do yard work, mow the lawn, sometimes wash the dishes, feed pets, and keep my room tidy.

Thanks.

Years
  • Growing up, we were assigned areas to keep clean rather than tasks, and I was always in charge of the living and dining rooms (plus my bedroom). Lately, I've also been doing the cooking 3-4 times a week, since the majority of the time I'm the only person home before 5:30.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • My only regualr chores involve cleaning floors, which is quite disgusting considering our house and the fact that our brooms and vacuums both suck at cleaning, requiring me to do a lot of it by hand...

Otherwise, I'll just be randomly told to do something, which gets annoying when I'm in the middle of doing something I actually want to do.

Back