• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How Addicted Are You To X&Y?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
462 hours. Even though I got the game when it first came out, I didn't beat story mode until nearly 3 months, mostly because I was busy with school.

I'm pretty addicted to it... I carry my 3DS with me every where I go, and play it whenever I have free time. Either Maison or breeding.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 25, 2014
I was super addicted to the game until my friend took my 3DS then I had withdrawals. Now I bought another 3DS, too bad the SD Card slot was broken so I had to send it back and get a replacement. I have Pokemon X just sitting here for me to start a new game and have a load of fun ;(!

The bad part about the 3DS besides the SD Card slot, was that I bought it off of eBay and the guy still hasn't received it even though I sent it out last Monday D:.

Years
WOOT!!! make it 741 hours!!! ALL 718 POKEMON \o/
My addiction is complete xD!! Is this a cure? i dunno what to do now that I am done :O

v8m2.jpg
Delete your game and start again... ;)

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
Years
I'm addicted to battling if anything. I'm up all night till I knock out on weekends battling with people. XY got me into competitive battling.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really love the games and i can truly say i was pretty addicted as soon as they came out. Every day i would play for hours and hours, actually taking my time in exploring Kalos to the fullest. As soon as i beat the main story though my interest shrunk a lot, since im neither patient enough to complete the Pokedex nor into competitive battling. I wish the post-game was longer, but i can say it was a great and addicting adventure while it lasted (:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I'm around 90h in Pokemon X and 10h in Pokemon Y (acquired less than 20h ago lol). My boyfriend just got a 3DS and Y on the weekend and he's already beaten the game in about 20h. It makes me somewhat sad to know how short the storyline was, esp. with such a lack of post-game material.

In X, the story took around 15-20h for me, and the rest was between breeding Pokemon and around 30h mass-battling at the Battle Castle. I have so much monies now lol

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
I got it when it first came out and I played it for five days (no idea on how many hours I put in), but then I stopped playing till about 4-5 days ago. Since then I've put on about 15-25 hours, not really sure how many exactly. But these hours have been mostly just trying to complete the pokedex. I just hate the GTS now that everyone wants a genesect for a simple pokemon. Now its getting really boring again, so I wouldn't say that I'm addicted at all.

BasedNate

ImDaBes
Years
Not as much as the previous Pokemon games. Imo, XY has the worst post game of all time. There's not really much to do after you beat the Elite Four. You just catch three legendary Pokemon and they're extremely easy to find besides Zygarde. There's no post game story at all that makes you wanna continue playing besides Looker, but I find that pretty boring and wouldn't exactly call it a "story." All you do after beating The Elite Four is battle your rival any time, talk to Sycamore, Battle Maison, and Looker mission.

The post game pretty much wants you to grind & they made it easy as heck this gen. I'm guessing it's all about competitive battling now so I guess I'm not really much of a hardcore competitive player because I'd rather use Pokegen. I used to breed a lot though to get the perfect Pokemon, but eh... kinda tired of that now. If you're a competitive battler, you'll be addicted to this game due to it being the most competitive-friendly gen.

*Edit*
Forgot to mention that the Looker story itself isn't boring. My apologies for not explaining it correctly. The story was pretty intense & had lots of feels. I just hate that it took place in a huge city where you have to either call a taxi or bike it through instead of a new place or something. :l

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Not as much as the previous Pokemon games. Imo, XY has the worst post game of all time. There's not really much to do after you beat the Elite Four. You just catch three legendary Pokemon and they're extremely easy to find besides Zygarde. There's no post game story at all that makes you wanna continue playing besides Looker, but I find that pretty boring and wouldn't exactly call it a "story." All you do after beating The Elite Four is battle your rival any time, talk to Sycamore, Battle Maison, and Looker mission.

Red/Blue/Yellow and Ruby/Sapphire beat out X/Y in terms of most sparse post-game. There is absolutely nothing to do in those games after beating the E4 besides catch a couple of legendaries.

In other news, I recently passed the 300 hour mark on my Y.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Red/Blue/Yellow and Ruby/Sapphire beat out X/Y in terms of most sparse post-game. There is absolutely nothing to do in those games after beating the E4 besides catch a couple of legendaries.

Are ya kidding? You had the whole contest scene in Ruby and Sapphire!

Years
I think I have grown out of X&Y now. 228 hours on X and 450 hours on Y. I also have over 150 flawless shinies, but with Powersaves making everything accessible, I've lost motivation to continue.

Meanwhile I'll be waiting for the next major Pokemon game and play the **** out of it.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I've logged more hours this generation than any other one, but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. Perhaps I was, but these days I only pick up the game for competitive purposes (breeding, battling, training) which, trust me, when it comes to things like EV training and breeding, you can't sit around and play for hours on end.

Ah, right. I forgot about those. Though my statement still holds true with Red/Blue/Yellow.
Statement still holds for RSE, contests were terrible haha.

Reactions: Nah

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Not at all, considering the post-game is nonexistent, and the online is 3v3 only

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 17, 2014
I have been playing for 400 hours so I guess that makes me quite addicted. I even got many pokemon decals to make my nintendo 3DS look more pokemon. :D
I am very excited about these decals - they're great!

Back