• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How bad are breaks for you?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yes, we get those dreaded "breaks". The Naruto stuff decides to take a special day, and delays our precious Thurdays, or Cartoon Network runs out of stuff to air and our Saturdays are bland again. How bad is it for you when there's no Pokemon to watch? What entertains you in the meantime? Would you give up your Klondike bar to watch a new episode ahead of time?

Oh yes, for me it's a boring week without my favorite show~ No reason to be up on Saturday mornings.

Years
  • This particular two week break couldn't have come at a better time.

I've been pretty busy with all these holiday festivities and whatnot. On top of that, my laptop charger is now broken, so I wouldn't even be able to watch the episodes I've missed on my computer. It's as if CN's thinking of me. :3

I do think it's a bit strange that they decided to start Ash and Paul's battle right before the break. Oh well, our precious Pokemon will be back soon enough.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Breaks do annoy me sometimes but I always kinda feel really good when it comes back on. (if that makes sense)

It did annoy me that they made the break right inbetween the Ash vs Paul battle, it would have been great to watch it in the new year.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Oh man breaks. I hate it when it happens when you're at the best part and couldn't wait for the next episode but had to wait for another week because of a Naruto special. It gets annoying.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Shoenn Jump anime didn't even air last week, so it's not Naruto Shippuuden special that it was pushed off until this week. As for the breaks, I don't mind so much since I got plenty of anime to watch. Do I like it no, but I can bear with it.

Years
  • During a major cliffhanger, it is irritating. But after many episodes back-to-back, I actually don't mind the time off. Analyzing a show does take much mental energy, and I need the rest.

Although, I would change your wording, as when I think "break," I think "commercial break." You're meaning the word, "hiatus," which is quite different and what are you describing.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • It gives me nothing to look forward to. Joy. But I sort of forget about it like I just did but then remember but it passes. Like, I don't care, I thought they'd be but they aren't really bad for me. But you know what was? What they did in August with the Ash v Paul battle and DP ending Dx

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I've never been inpatient about breaks until Best Wishes....I hate when it randomly doesn't show on Thursdays.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Breaks aggravate me because I just got up much too early expecting Pokémon and got Super Mega Chibi Marvel Squad. Most of the time there's really no reason to show them on that timeslot, except that maybe something premiered the night before or whatever and Pokémon got the short end of the stick.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Well, I don't normally watch Cartoon Network (aside from the recent showings of The Powerpuff Girls and Dexters Lab) so I haven't experienced these breaks.

I'd watch the new Pokemon episodes if they weren't on so goddamn early.
    I am not waking up at 7 on a Saturday.

Back