• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you defeat Whitney?

Years
  • I went into the gym with what I thought would be a winning strategy:
    1) Beat Clefairy.
    2) Send out Geodude.
    3) Have it beat the crap out of Miltank eventually.

What ended up happening was this:
    1) Eventually sent out my Slowpoke against Clefairy
    2) Used a few Curses
    3) KO'd Clefairy (after it used Transform, that was kind of trippy)
    4) Decided 'hey why not have Slowpoke stay until it faints?'
    5) Miltank only used Stomp, and Slowpoke is still buffed up, has good attack, and Headbutt.
    6) Slowpoke wins on the first try! 8D

I really had expected Whitney to give me tons of issues, but it was Morty that did, because none of my Pokemon could take a hit from Shadow Ball... that battle took real strategy to win. And by strategy I mean luck. :(

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • I sacrificed my Gastly to curse it. Then pretty much just toyed with it till it died.

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
  • Ah yes, Whitney...I was busy checking if the gym still looked like a clefairy lol.Umm, she beat me once.
    I used the same strat as patch, used my team to kill her clefairy and once she killed most of my pokes,
    I used my female flaffy and thunderwaved and thundershocked tha cow.
    I was actually pretty disappointed considering how hard she was in the gold and silver version.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • I had a Graveler from a friend that held the Earthquake TM. It was Level 28 (It will obey you if you beat Bugsy). It evolved into a Golem! This is gonna wipe out lots of Pokemon, thats for sure. It was Male. :)

And so this is my battle against her...

I send out Golem....
    She sends out Miltank....
    She uses Stomp...
    Golem took some damage!
    :O:O:O:O:O:O

It didnt flinch. Too lucky.

Then my Golem used Earthquake.

Miltank just died.

I did defeat her other Pokemon, but they werent as hard as her Miltank. :)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • i bet her with my hitmontop :P from pearl. was lvl 23 or something.
    it was way harder in the old games :P

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Simply put, I used something that should never ever be used by anyone no matter how desperate they are - Disable Slowpoke XD That, combined with 5 or 6 Yawns, allowed me to prevent it from Stompflinching me, though Slowpoke didn't do too much damage - Whitney used both of her super potions on it, making the battle very VERY tedious and long. (Did I mention that my slowpoke has Oblivious? ;D )

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Why am I the only one who beat her in my first try in less than 5-10 minutes? Because I had a Gastly that knew Hypnosis and Curse that really owned Miltank, then I just mass Water Gun'd it with Croconaw.

I killed here in less than 3min with two Magical Leafs lol so you're not the only one; she was a wimp in comparison to my Chikorita Level 25.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Okay, here is how it went down with my Lv17 Lonely Machop (Female):

Vs Clefairy
    Turn 1: Machop uses Focus Energy, Clefairy uses Double Slap and hits FIVE TIMES!!!
    Turn 2: Machop uses Karate Chop, Clefairy uses Grudge
    Turn 3: Knowing I will lose all my PP with my next attack, Machop uses Low Kick to KO Clefairy

Vs Miltank
    Turn 1: Miltank uses Stomp, Machop uses Karate Chop, Machop eats Sitrus Berry (thank you Pokewalker!)
    Turn 2: Whitney uses Super Potion on Miltank, Machop uses Karate Chop
    Turn 3: Whitney uses Stomp, Machop uses Karate Chop (CritHit) to KO Miltank

Machop gains 2 levels, Whitney cries, Shane shakes head expecting at least some kind of challenge and will have to use a lower level Machop or different Pokemon next time to try make it at least challenging. On to the next boring mono-type gym leader.

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    I lol'ed at miltank with my golem, her rollout was hitting it for like 5hp. I decided to defense curl just for the hell of it and took it down with 1 hammer arm. :D Yeah I traded golem just for her otherwise her miltank would have been a nightmare >.<

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Uhhhmmm, I dont see whats going on, I one hit all her pokemon with my quilava :D

The only gym that was hard was Clair and her frigen dragons who resist fire! Lance also sucks XD

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
    Years
  • On both Silver and SoulSilver, I didn't find the battle challenging at all. I beat her first try on Silver, SoulSilver Japanese, and SoulSilver English. On Soulsilver English and Japanese, I lowered Miltank's defense with Onix's screech. Since Onix is Rock, rollout doesn't affect it that much. So I lowered its defense 4 times or so with screech, then used Rock Throw twice. One of the easiest gym battles IMO.

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • female fighter + STAB'd move = pwn Miltank

i just spamming brick break with my female heracross (and miltank keep spamming milk drink) and got the badge easily ;D

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I haven't gotten to her yet, but I'll be sure to take a page out of Patchisou's book (I've got a female Mareep following me around) and use that strategy. It's funny because it's really the one point in the game where they slap you across the face for those of us who usually have all male teams.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • It was really tough to beat that stupid cow >.<. I took Cyndaquil and it took me 8 attempts to beat it with my Flaffy, Poliwhirl, Quilava and Pidgeotto (:o half my team is weak to Rollout). I grinded a lot till I got all 4 to Lv. 26. Then, I lead with Quilava, who killed Clefairy easily with Ember. Then came the dreaded Miltank. I Embered while Rollout OHKO'd. Next was Pidgeotto. It Quick Attacked while Miltank OHKO'd. Surprisingly, then Flaffy somehow survived one Rollout after it Thundershocked it and paralyzed it. Another Thundershock meant the end of that cow. I was dancing after that XD

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • She was the only gym leder to beat me. I had to level up and come back later. Clair was also difficult, but she didn't win like this one did.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    My two main Pokémon in HeartGold right now are Cyndaquil and Furret - both lower level 20s (22-24) and both female. I just beat Whitney last night - the first time I challenged her I lost - I didn't realize Cyndaquil would get pwned so bad by stomp.

So the second time I switched strategies. I had Furret take our her Clefairy, then went with Cyndaquil to start the battle against Furret. Cyndaquil didn't do much except to get a smokescreen off to lower its accuracy. I think it might have gotten burned, but the Lum Berry of course healed it and Cyndaquil was taken out.

So I left it up to Furret. I started by abusing defense curl. By the time I was done Stomp only did like 6 damage or something. I healed Furret with some water, and used a combination of Fury Swipes and Quick Attack. Furret was faster than Miltank, so with that advantage I was able to take it out - I think when Miltank got fairly low on HP I went with Fury Swipes and got a critical hit on one of them so that it didn't have a chance to use Milk Drink.

Back