• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you discover the Pokemon games?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    As the title says, how did you discover the Pokemon games?

How I discovered the games? I saw my cousin playing his GBA so I asked what game he's playing. He said he's playing FireRed. If I remember correctly, he was at the Saffron Gym that time, and he couldn't figure out the teleport puzzle. I asked him if I could borrow and he said yes and I got him out of the maze. :D I was about 6 or 7 that time.

Share your stories. :D

Veristical Blaze

Musician VS. Waterpolo xD
    Years
    Poke was being popular and a lifeline game for every dutch guy, soo when i had enough money immediatley bought Yellow after then bought evry version of the game that got released i hope gen 5 is one big grande finale!! :P

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Everyone else had it lol. The craze was just about starting out, people were bringing Game Boys to school and it was pretty much all everyone ever talked about.

It was kinda hard NOT to discover it haha.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I watched the anime then everyone at school was playing so I bought Pokemon Red.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I discovered?

I discovered it not so long ago. It was when I am at school and everybody talks about Pok'emon. I was so curious about that so I let my dad buy me a GBA and a Pokemon Game. Emerald was my first game ever played!!!!

Good times, Good times.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    Oh God...let me think...ah yes I was watching my friend play blue version (which was new at the time...) and I wanted to try it for myself...so I got Red and was instantaneously hooked...Wow that was a big word...

Years
    I remember advertisements for the anime on TV. I initially thought it looked stupid. But I started watching it, and was hooked. It was a Pokemon Christmas that year. With my lovely Pokemon Blue and my clear GameBoy Pocket. And this.

I just got a battery installed for that. 10 years after I got it, and it still works!

IauraLucario

Eh bored.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2009
    Haha my cousin also got meh into Pokemon 8D idk he showed me the pokemon game's one day then i started ot like it i strated to watch the show ( it sucks now sorry~) and i bought some games 8D my first one was Sliver >w<

Years
    My grandma(I miss ya) got it for me for my 2nd birthday. Been an expert (And fan) since.(Aside from the show, his voice...AUUUGH!*Rips out eardrums*

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    A friend of mine told me I should watch the show, so I did. I caught the episode where Ash first catches his Caterpie, and after that I was hooked. I found out there were Pokemon games, and begged for a while... Finally I got a berry-colored GBC and Pokemon Blue for Christmas.

Years
    A friend showed me Pokemon Red, but I forgot about it for a while until another friend and I got Blue and Yellow respectively, for Christmas. The games, to be honest, the only worthwhile part of the whole franchise.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I saw a commercial of it durin' on of the show, and begged my mom to buy me one.

If I had known at what else I could've gotten.... If only.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    Hmm... I guess all of my cousins were playing it, and I think I got one as Christmas present from my uncle. It was Pokémon Red, if I'm not mistaken.
    Then...
    It became a part of life. XD

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Saw it in the store, and ta-da! Emerald was my first. I'm a very noble fan, but since not a lot of my friends play it I joined this place. Now look where its gotten me! :)

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    when i was like 6 or 7 i used to watch the anime from the very first days, then everyone got gameboy colours with R/B and then the upcoming christmas i got a purple gameboy colour and red and i was hooked from there until grade 3 when i stopped playing, and in grade 5 i started again with emerald/fire red and then i quit in grade 6 and started again this year

Back