• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you feel when you found your first shiny?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    As soon as I found a shiny Pokemon, I think I actually removed my copy of Pokemon Diamond from my DS, cleaned it and placed it back in. My first shiny was a Medicham, and I thought my game was bugged or I broke it or something like that. A few years later, I learned such events were normal.

Cue lots of crying.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    My first shiny was a Geodude in Ruby. I thought that since it was gold, it would give me something like a bonus exp.

Yup. Fainted the guy right there and then.

Reactions: Sun

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
    It was later on in Silver Version, and considering Silver was not only my first Pokemon game but that very game introduces shinies... I honestly didn't think they were anything all THAT special. It was a shiny Rhyhorn, and while I thought it was cool and -knew- it was rarer than the normal version, I had no concept of just HOW rare they were... that, combined with having not been a fan of Rhydon, and I didn't feel that bad KO'ing it.

Fortunately, since you can't transfer from Gen II onward, I don't have too many regrets.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    Discounting the lake of rage red gyrados from johto, my first shiny was a ponyta in platinum. I was extremely surprised to see it because I never find any shinies outside of XY.

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
    Years
    "Wow an red gyarados!" on my fake crystal XD
    never found an shiny on wild .. I got one by trade from a guy that had an original silver (he wanted to trade the game with me because I had ho-oh and Lugia xD but I was young and idiot and denied because I gave so much sentimental value :v ) and these japanese 3 dogs from events that someone else got a rom to share them lol

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I really didn't react a whole lot tbh lmao. It was either a shiny Drowzee or a shiny Krabby in Crystal Version (I caught both, don't remember which came first) and I was just like, "Oh, I guess this is special or something I should probably catch it."

Cut to a year or two later I found out just how special they were, I ran into a shiny Nidorina in Crystal, had no Poké Balls and just stared at my screen for like 20 minutes in so much disappointment haha.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
    The very first Pokemon that was Shiny was Tentacruel in Pokemon Emerald and I had to look at it like 3 times and was like wait a Minute your SHINY and it took forever to catch even with 1 hp and paralyzed

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
    In Pokemon Diamond, I came across my first ever shiny, which was a Zubat. I caught about five different shinies in the span of a few months (I've never come across a wild shiny again though). However, I traded them for the Kanto birds and Johto starters. I was young, so I didn't understand they were actually worth so much...

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    Confused, really. The first shiny I ever saw was an Espeon used by one of the Kimono Girls in the original Pokemon Gold Version. I was young and didn't know about shinies, so when I saw the shining animation I was just really confused.
    I didn't know that pokémon from trainers can be shiny. ~_~

Back