• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you find out about rom hacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    I was on Youtube one day, and I saw this thing called Pokemon Quartz, so looked into it and tried to figure out how they did it. I Google'd around and found here. Then I just stayed here.

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
  • I'm another who came in through tamashii's vids. popped in "edit pokémon roms" into my google bar and this was the first credible english site i found.

Integra Hellsing

The Convention of Twelve
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    When Pokemon Red was released, I was spending pretty much time on the Game Boy Color and playing it. One day I had the great idea to create a Pokemon version where you are Team Rocket member, that tries to catch as many pokemon as possible, also trying to reach your dream to become a top leader of Team Rocket. Later on, about 3-4 years ago, I was doing mods for GTA:SA, one day via google I found that there was an GBA Emulator, so I did download it, and I found the ROMs, later on I searched through Google and I found the tools like Advance Map. I was doing some changes the whole time just to have some fun, or for my friends adding some new teleports or trainer scripts and Maps. That's how I have got involved into Pokemon ROM hacking.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
  • i was playing shiny gold, naranja (probably some others) and wondered how they did it
    anyway googled it and volla i found some tools and pc

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I have one word: "youtube". I saw people useing a-map and found wah. that then lead me to p.c.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    In Youtube, a hacker named Tamashihiroka has influenced me to Rom Hacking. That's pretty much it.

Father Ash

Born from the fire.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Me and my friend were talking about pokémon and stuff then he brought up that he had found AdvanceMap on the internet and he had destroyed Saffron City and replaced it with a bunch of rocks which formed the shape of a crudely drawn gentleman's whoopsie. He isn't very sophisticated.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    my friend made a comedy on youtube by hacking, found wah, then i found this place.

DawnRyder

I cannot believe I'm back -.-
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    I was poking around at some rom site and found Amarillo Solar. Then, I was looking for other Pokemon games and found out that Amarillo Solar was a hack. Wondering how they hacked it, I was browsing around and stumbled upon several hacking sites, like pkmnhackersonline.com.

Then I found Pokecommunity and have been here ever since.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • pkmnhackersonline.com. oh that link docent work oh well its great seeing how all the best hackers found about about rom hacking especial fun nija catapie and thethethethe

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • So... it came out like this: One day, my friend told me that there's a Pokemon Game with Gyarados as its cover, and I was curious. So then, my friend gave me a picture of it. (It has "Pokemon Quartz" as its title) I went to Serebii, and found NOTHING about Quartz. So then, I went to Youtube, and I found out that Quartz is a "fake" Pokemon Game. Then, I watched loads of videos about Quartz. Till one of them, said: If you want to Download this, go register in this Website: pokecommunity.com So I went in the community website, and I found out 'bout this place. I downloaded Quartz, and I had a great time. Days passed, until today, it is where I am, a proud member of Poke Community.

Ranger0684

Only The Hardest Survive
    Years
  • I STARTED OFF JUST LOOKING AT POKEMON VIDEOS THEN I TYPED IN HOW TO PLAY POKEMON ON YOUR PC BECAUSE MY GBA CHARGER WAS LOST THEN I WAS LIKE WTF KEPT LOOKING AT WAH THEN I TYPED IN ON GOOGLE POKEMON HACKING WEBSITE AND I KEPT LOOKING AND I FOUND POKECOMMUNITY NOW IM BETA TESTING AND OVERWORLD SPRITING

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    October 2000:
    Was surfing the internet for pokemon sites n stuff
    Found a map editor
    That's how I got into romhacking many many years ago.
    But I quit 4 years ago. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back