• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do react to something life-changing?

Years
  • Life-Changing in a sense of your life will never be the same again, such as a new family member, someone dies, your favorite show was cancelled, etc.

How would you react?

I can most certainly tell you that I react very differently to what it is. If it was something like Naruto was cancelled, I'd be sad a bit, but I'd forget about in oh three months.

But when I found out that my best friend died...I never forgot about it, not at all. I can still remember him like he was here yesterday...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I do not adjust well to any change, major or minor. I don't even like new furniture. I was gonna give an example, but I don't wanna seem trashy since someone would recognize what I was gunna say.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If a new family member comes into the family, I treat that person as I would treat a fellow family member. If someone dies, then I'd feel very crushed if that person is very close to me.

Years
  • Honestly, lately, I've been adjusting very well. I just... go with the flow, I guess. I keep living my life as normal, making changes as need be. Most of the time the reaction's hardly noticeable. Or maybe things change in my life so often these days that I hardly notice anymore. ._.

I think part of my adaptability comes from having to move around so often as a kid. Moving's pretty life-changing and it happens to me every four years or less. After awhile you just have to get used to it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    Change is kewl. :D

I like change (for the better obviously).

I'm sad on the inside about lost family members, but I really am not broken down over it most of the time. :/

Years
  • I don't really react well to change. I tend to mold myself into whatever situation I'm in until I get comfortable and I know pretty much how things are going to go from day to day. When something big changes I fret and panic until I stress myself to the point of exhaustion and then usually I'm already adjusting to the change a week later and looking back wondering why I made such a big deal of it in the first place.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'll just flow along with the river, through all the tributaries it leads me to.
    I've never liked change in my life, but I've learnt to adapt myself to them, through my own abstract experiences.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Depends what it is, but if something changes, I may react at the beginning of the change but, most of the time, I tend to just let it by and go with it. I don't really like changes all that much, but I'll adapt to them anyways as changes have to happen to make things better.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I seem to cope with change well. But then again, all the major changes that have happened in my lifetime (Death of 3 grandparents) happened when I was under 10, so I didn't really understand it that much.

However, when I spent half of last year living in much crappier accommodation than I was used to, I coped fairly well. But then again, that might have been because I was incredibly lazy - everyone else was getting stressed when they couldn't do things, whereas I just didn't bother :P

I'd hate to see how I would cope if somebody I knew died now though.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • It's going to be a shock to me so, I guess I'm going on a denial.

This happened to me recently, a life-changing event that determined my future. Needless to say, I'm still in denial.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • Depending on the outcome, if it's a minor thing I might get it over within couple of days. But if it's death you talk about I would probably be in despair, because I've never had a family or friend of mine die before so handling it maybe a bit different rather than how I think I would react to such news.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I actually react pretty well to change, but that's probably just because things change radically for me around every year or so of my life. From moving, to loosing friends and family, to changing jobs, or even changing universities- it happens pretty often.

In fact, I've come to realize that I cannot even stand to be in one place for very long or do one thing for more than a year. Once I get comfortable with something, it begins to bore me. Proooobably not a good quality, but hey, we're not perfect. ^^ Only exception to this rule seems to be this place... I just keep coming back. Haha.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Oddly enough, I react better to major life changes than I do to comparatively minor changes. I usually welcome new family members and don't get too emotional at funerals.

And I've moved multiple times in the past few years. I'm used to that.

The only thing I'm having trouble with now is getting adjusted to life outside of college...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I tend to act fairly apathetic when there are big changes. If it's something relatively pointless, like a game/show getting canceled, I'll usually seem a lot more involved in it than when a family member dies or something serious happens. I guess when it's important, I bottle up my feelings (or lack thereof if I'm in a bit of shock) and distract myself with different things while I think about it. With the frivolous changes? Yeah, whatever. I'll take whatever the first emotion I feel is and go with it because who cares if that's not really how I feel later on.

Back