• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you decide what Pokémon you like?

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    Well if I don't see it in the anime first I won't have this feeling to it, then I look if I like his personality and how he looks. I like pokes from Kanto and Johto the most because of nostalgia.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Wait what? What kind of question is that? I like em coz i liek em!!!

Hmm, for me their appearance comes first, the type comes in second, then their moves and lastly their stats...

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
    Design is a probably the biggest factor. Size matters a little, I tend to prefer smaller Pokemon over large ones. I also take general personality into account as well, I usually end up liking Pokemon I would get along with in real life.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I choose pokemon by look mostly. Then I look at its moveset and stats. If the pokemon has good stats or moves for a specific team, then I like it. But if it has bad or not so great stats, I still like it. So basically looks alone or looks and stats.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    If they look cool, cute, beautiful, classy, strong or awesome then I will use them. If they are ugly, crappy, disgusting or should not exist then I wont use them :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    By their battling ability first and foremost. Then whether they look good or not (cool or cute).

Years
    Well i can look at a pokemon and decide if i like it or not, like i never liked the yanma evolution chain, but i loved the hoppip chain. It really depends on how much time i spend with them in the game.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Usually before jumping to a conclusion about a pokémon, I'd take a look at the design, type, (as sometimes the design has a way different appearance to the typing it is put as) and what it's done for me or what I found interest in right away. I don't like taking a first look at a Pokémon's appearance and say "That thing is very monstrous, so not getting it. >_>;" as you never know how they might turn out to be. Eventually all of them start to rub off on me after seeing it a while, but main ones that I take interest in have to at least have one of those "sparking" things that will make me want to get it sometime.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I always always always choose my favourite Pokemon on how it looks, it's design. I don't
    care how powerful a Pokemon is, if I don't like how it looks, I don't like that Pokemon. And I don't care how weak a Pokemon is, if I like the design, I love the Pokemon.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I like pokemon that appear fast and furious (even if they aren't really all that) which is why I have come to love pokemon like Weavile, Infernape, Sceptile, etc. Also, Scizor is starting to appeal to me. There are a few exceptions though. Magmortar doesn't look very fast, does it? Neither does Torterra, however, they are also some of my favorites.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    Well design is the first thing that draws me towards a Pokemon. If it looks good/cool, im interested. Next thing is the typing/abilities. Also good, then I continue on looking on.

If I see it has an interesting Move Pool, and by interesting I mean, People would be able to run a different move set and be original, instead of copying people. Then I would go onwards to the stats.

If the stats are great-epic. Then we got ourselves a favorite! :)

RainbowWing

Returned from the ashes
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    Mostly how they look and what type...

Thats why ninetales is my fav ^o^

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    It depends for me, status, type, and the design. I mainly like good defense so I like Umbreon because of it.

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Well for one, the looks of the pokemon, then also it's strengths and weaknesses, and their attacks. But usually mostly by looks

Back