• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How do you feel about the Pokemon world (gens 1-5) possibly being destroyed?

Outlier

I wasn't sure which section to post this in and I probably could have come up with a better title but oh well.

In Delta Episode it is suggested if not outright stated that a meteor blew up the world in another universe that hadn't discovered the possibility of mega evolution, most likely a reference to every game in the main series from the first 5 generations.

Does it bother you that every protagonist that you've ever played as from previous generations have probably met their untimely demise at the hands of a meteor? Personally I liked being able to fill in the blanks with my own head canon and imagine what each protagonist's life would be like after they became champion of their respective regions. I'm a part of the fandom that is always clamoring for the story to have darker tones, even if that means the death of a Pokemon or character here and there. But to know that most of them probably died before even reaching their 20's kind of bums me out to be honest. Even if you didn't have an emotional attachment to those games just Imagine all of the research that went into those Pokedexes that ended up going to waste.

Anyway how do you feel about all this? Does it affect the way you think about the older games when you go back and play them? Are you in denial that the old Pokemon world is gone?

Edit: lol it seems I really misunderstood the in-game comments about multiple universes.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It doesn't necessarily have to be the same world that Gens 1-5 took place in. The thing with ORAS opening up the possibility of parallel universes is that there doesn't have to be just one other parallel universe. There could be many parallel universes. So if the meteor did destroy another Pokemon World, it may not be the same one I was in.

Or at least that's what I like to think. It's no fun if a meteor destroys what I did in the previous 5 generations =( It's like, hey, I saved the world from Team Rocket (twice), from climate catastrophe, from Cyrus's plan to literally destroy the universe and remake it, from Ghetsis's plans for world domination (also twice), and it turns out that was all a waste of time because the world was gonna get destroyed by a meteor anyway? And that after everything I did, I wasn't able to stop a cataclysmic meteor impact ? Fuck that

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Maybe every game cartridge contains an alternate universe. All you have to do is plug it in and power up. Than you can check if your alter ego and their pokemon are still doing fine. :)

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Yeah it's pretty much hinted every cartridge has a seperate dimension and beyond.

I mean who knows, maybe the Distortion World got destroyed instead ._.

Or the meteor represents the battery running out in some cartridges and wiping the Save Data or something

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Contrary to how dedicated I am to aligning every Zelda game in place, I don't follow the Pokemon timeline at all. I have already made up my own stories about each of the characters complete with names for each protagonist and teams, and I have kind of taken each story from the games and made it into my own universe that is kinda separate from the one the games themselves really make.

I don't really understand how the Pokemon universes align anyway... because wouldn't each new generation mean a new universe, because why was there not a single Hoenn Pokemon present in Johto during the events of HGSS (applies to any game, just an example)? How come the introduction of Mega Evolutions, and not 100 new Pokemon, is what causes the previous generations to be destroyed and not just.. separate like all of them were before?

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • To be fair, they did say that Pokemon Black and White were a reboot? of the game. I don't know what they initially meant by that, but they might have reset how events in the past happened. Some core events may still happen, such as Team Rocket being disbanded and all that, but maybe minor things might have change like the appearance of Pokemon in certain regions. I don't know. The more they make remakes, the more the canon feels twisted. @.@

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Uh, the Delta Episode didn't confirm that a meteor destroyed the world in the dimension that the previous games occupied. In fact, Zinnia says that the Link Cable plan would warp the meteor that's approaching their PokeEarth to that dimension and to a world without Mega Evolution to stop it. But we didn't use the Link Cable plan, we used Mega Rayquaza. The old Pokemon world wasn't wiped out by a meteor because we didn't warp one there.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Uh, the Delta Episode didn't confirm that a meteor destroyed the world in the dimension that the previous games occupied. In fact, Zinnia says that the Link Cable plan would warp the meteor that's approaching their PokeEarth to that dimension and to a world without Mega Evolution to stop it. But we didn't use the Link Cable plan, we used Mega Rayquaza. The old Pokemon world wasn't wiped out by a meteor because we didn't warp one there.
    This. Their idea was to send the meteor through a Link Cable to another dimension so that the world wouldn't get blown to smithereens. Zinnia trashed it, saying if they used it the meteor would be sent to another world that had never learned of Mega Evolution and also had never experienced the great war AZ took place in 3,000 years ago. Instead they settle on using Rayquaza's power to stop the meteor, and succeed.

X,Y, and ORAS take place in an alternate timeline from Fr/Lg, R/S/E, D/P/Pl, Hg/Ss, B/W, and B2/W2. I'm assuming the same events that happened in that timeline happen in this timeline also, but are likely different.

jasonthedrag0n

Disco Elephant
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2022
    Once the final battery in the final game cartridge has died, then, save for temporary boot-ups of the game, that universe is gone forever. A shadow of it will exist in emulated ROMS, it will be able to temporarily exist when you book up a cartridge, but it won't be here to stay.

RIP older gen Pokemon world...

Of course, I exclude gen 4 and 5.

mew_nani

Years
  • Once the final battery in the final game cartridge has died, then, save for temporary boot-ups of the game, that universe is gone forever. A shadow of it will exist in emulated ROMS, it will be able to temporarily exist when you book up a cartridge, but it won't be here to stay.

RIP older gen Pokemon world...

Of course, I exclude gen 4 and 5.
    Actually Gens 1 and 2 are also in their own separate timeline. In that timeline two-way time travel is possible, the Dark and Steel types were recently discovered in Johto, Moltres hung out in Victory Road and the Sevii Islands were never accessible, berries were known by different names, Celebi could be summoned at the Ilex Shrine, Kris is playable instead of Lyra, and reality is less stable than a house of cards. Literally; you can explore glitch dimensions and summon forth abominations of nature that can possibly kill the player character, leaving their save file permanently destroyed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    It doesn't bother me because I personally didn't care about the Delta Episode to begin with. Way too much story and exposition at once for a Pokemon game.

jasonthedrag0n

Disco Elephant
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2022
    Actually Gens 1 and 2 are also in their own separate timeline. In that timeline two-way time travel is possible, the Dark and Steel types were recently discovered in Johto, Moltres hung out in Victory Road and the Sevii Islands were never accessible, berries were known by different names, Celebi could be summoned at the Ilex Shrine, Kris is playable instead of Lyra, and reality is less stable than a house of cards. Literally; you can explore glitch dimensions and summon forth abominations of nature that can possibly kill the player character, leaving their save file permanently destroyed.

Missingno should be brought back as a genuine pokemon! They could separate ghost types into demonic ghosts and angelic ghosts and missingno could be the ultimate demonic one, with rumours about having destroyed previous pokeadventureres and he could have some kind of ability to limitedly multiply some items (common items daily, like potions or berries that it holds, rare items like rare candy or master balls could either be restricted to monthly, or to a limited number per game /trainer card number, assuming that they decided to allow these items to be multiplied), that would canonise the glitch properly!

mew_nani

Years
  • Missingno should be brought back as a genuine pokemon! They could separate ghost types into demonic ghosts and angelic ghosts and missingno could be the ultimate demonic one, with rumours about having destroyed previous pokeadventureres and he could have some kind of ability to limitedly multiply some items (common items daily, like potions or berries that it holds, rare items like rare candy or master balls could either be restricted to monthly, or to a limited number per game /trainer card number, assuming that they decided to allow these items to be multiplied), that would canonise the glitch properly!
    I dunno if you could catagorize Missingno. as an angel OR a devil. These glitchy creatures, while dangerous, can still be captured and befriended just like any other Pokemon, and it's worth noting that Missingno. is a lot more dangerous in Yellow than it is in Red or Blue. In Red and Blue it just gives you a billion items, while in Yellow it viciously distorts reality around it, making the game prone to crashes and even distorting where you are on the map.

In terms of ghosts, I don't really think that's what they are. I think they're creatures from another world, just summoned into a space in which they can't manifest correctly. They have odd types, odd attacks, can have much more HP than normal, and there's even glitch Trainers which also control these things, and even their mere presence causes a distortion in reality, something not even Giratina does. (I do agree though; I would LOVE to see these glitches return in some form.)

jasonthedrag0n

Disco Elephant
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2022
    Hm well I did like the idea of it being demonic, but yeah, if GF were to go the new-age pseudo-scientific route of all of us (or the game characters) living in a matrix-like artificial construct then that would work! That would probably be a bit complex for the younger kids though I so I don't know if they could realistically go that way, while most kids understand the paranormal or religious idea of angels and demons, as long as it wasn't approached in a way that gave them nightmares or glorified satanic cults or offended any religious people that could work... I dunno...

Maybe just glitches in the time/space continuum? That's simple enough haha maybe that's even what you had in mind in the first place? (I have an overactive imagination)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Uh, the Delta Episode didn't confirm that a meteor destroyed the world in the dimension that the previous games occupied. In fact, Zinnia says that the Link Cable plan would warp the meteor that's approaching their PokeEarth to that dimension and to a world without Mega Evolution to stop it. But we didn't use the Link Cable plan, we used Mega Rayquaza. The old Pokemon world wasn't wiped out by a meteor because we didn't warp one there.

Yeah, pretty much this. The Link Cable was pretty much establishing that a multiverse exists within the Pokemon Universe. To be really honest, trying to establish a timeline outside the core Pokémon games is difficult, because some people regard the remakes as replacements for their initial releases. I mean, personally, I see Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum as one timeline. Red/Blue, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl as another.

The difficulty comes when you try to establish where everything post Black and White come into it, if it's a soft reboot of the series like Game Freak have insinuated then does that mean that the new timeline begins with BW and XY take some place after the discovery of Mega Evolution and ORAS continues that story. And if BW are reboots then it means that possibly BW2, XY and ORAS happen together and then possibly futher games will take place in this new timeline.

Has anyone noticed that the tweet by the guy in Game Freak who established the timeline has since been deleted? Which means we still don't have any real solid evidence on what the actual timeline actually is.

The idea of the multiverse is definitely a nice one, but it just adds ridiculous complexities to the story which is also the problem when releasing remakes alongside core series games - then trying to link them together is crazy.

But back to the OP, because I am rambling like crazy, I do like the idea that there is an established Multiverse (or at least in theory) because it means that as a player you can really link them up however you like and don't have to agree or disagree with anyone in particular and can make your own assumption on how it all fits together.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • The thing is parallel worlds were always a part of the pokémon games. I mean we always got 2 games and then a third version. Ruby and sapphire was the biggest ones because the villians were diffrent. I mean the name was link cable. Something we used to connect to an other game its just oras made it clear that the remakes are diffrent worlds than the originals. You could also say that every cartridge out there is a diffrent parallel world.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2019
    Unfortunately, I never even cared about the storyline of any of the games. So it really doesn't change anything for me. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way as I do. I just liked battling and running through the game. Growing bonds with the Pokemon I raised.

Back