• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you get your music?

droomph

weeb
Years
  • As the title states, how do you get your music? iTunes? Beatport? Do you go old-style and buy the CD/vinyls, or are you naughty and torrent it? And please explain why you do what you do exactly.

I personally have a rule that I download every other album with iTunes (and paying money) and do whatever I feel like with the other albums (but mostly torrents).

Years
  • Most stuff comes from iTunes. If they're on special or if I really want a hard copy, I buy the CD and rip it into my library.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I find most of my music on Grooveshark, Soundcloud, and Youtube nowadays while occasionally downloading a song or 2 onto my harddrive, also used to go on Limewire too before hearing about its destruction a few years back.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I get more or less all of my music illegitimately - that is, copied from friends, from torrents, or form other sources. Sometimes the music I want isn't available at any nearby CD stores so that's one reason why. And I refuse to use iTunes because if I'm paying for it, I want lossless quality, something which iTunes doesn't give you. Another reason is that I just don't really have the money lol.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Most of my music is imported from CDs, either ones I bought or ones I borrowed from the library. I also get alot of my music file-sharing sites like Mediafire and 4-shared. Whenever I have money to spare, I do buy an iTunes gift card and download from the iTunes store. But anything I can't find on iTunes or a CD, I get from file-sharing site or use a Youtube to MP3 converter.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I use either Amazon or Legalsounds for the stuff I own. Most of the music I listen to I don't own though, I just listen to it on Grooveshark or an Opera Unite server that a friend of mine set up.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Torrent for life!

I download/torrent most of the song I listen to.
    Sometimes, if I really like the songs, I buy a CD.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    iTunes, Amazon, The Pirate Bay, MediaFire, 4shared. If I have money to buy my music, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'll torrent it or find it on a File Sharing service. If it's for someone I really like, I'll buy it eventually off of iTunes when I have the money to.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Torrents. I buy music if I have money in iTunes, though I rarely buy albums from there. I've only bought one from there and it was recent. I don't plan on doing so again...it's better to just torrent albums tbqh.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Used to buy through iTunes, then I realized it was ripping me off.
    Now I buy my music from Amazon.

That is, when i'm not downloading it off of Mediafire or using a YouTube ripper.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
  • I obtain most of my music illegitimately, usually through torrents (TokyoToshokan, Nyaatorrents) or direct download links (Mediafire, 115). There are a few reasons why I do this but one of the main reasons is simply the cost of CDs. Most of the albums I want are doujin (think Japanese indie) music albums, which means they're not usually on iTunes or Amazon (UK), or any big and professional websites like those. Long story short: basically, the only way to obtain them is to use proxy shipping services, and a single album can end up costing around £40. And there's no way I'm paying that much for one CD.

Of course, if I had tons of money I would buy and order doujin CDs in a heartbeat. I prefer having a physical copy of stuff, whether it would be music or a videogame. But in the end, I simply can't afford it. Like I said before, there are a few other reasons why I don't buy them, but ultimately the price is the main reason.

Years
  • A lot of it recently has been borrowed from friends and people I know, but on my own I get it from anywhere (except iTunes): torrents, CDs, etc. etc.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I never pay for music with my own money; the only time I buy music on iTunes or in real life is with gift cards, lol. It's sort of become a principle to me; if I can get music for free online, why should I pay ridiculous amounts of money to get it in real life or on iTunes? I just don't see the point. I mean, sure, if I REALLY wanted to support the artist I'd buy a physical copy of their album but the only artist I'd consider doing that for is Britney Spears and lets be honest, she hasn't been good in quite a while, hasn't she?

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • I'm part of a music torrent community that predominantly rips vinyls, so most of my music is from said website, or ripped from a vinyl. I'd give it a 30/70 split, for vinyls and downloads respectively. Majority of my music is .flac, cause i'm a sound junkie who can't handle anything less than perfect quality, which is why I don't get my music by any other means. Vinyls are pretty pricey, though.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Most of my music i got is from torrents but most of it used to be from rar's but they download so slow

NeoPsychedelia

Admiral of the Pokéfleet
    Years
  • Honestly? Despite being seventeen, I buy CDs and vinyls and actually play them on their respective consoles. There's nothing quite like the rich tone of an outdated stereo system. As far as my iTouch goes, however, I often rip the files myself from YouTube or other mediums.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2012
    There's three ways I get my music. If it's an artist I'm a HUGE fan of, I buy the physical cd and import it to itunes. I also buy music on iTunes. But only if I'm not a major major fan but still like the music. And lastly, I rip audio from youtube. Like, if there's a live performance I like, I'll rip the audio and burn it to a cd.

Back