• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you guys prepare your online pokemon team?

JustDutch101

JustDutch101
    Years
    I was watching some youtube pokemon ORAS battlers and they were discussing which EV/IV spread to use and which nature. The way I see IV and nature was randomized. I assume it is done by cheating(?). I don't know if it is even if it is officially counted as cheating and if it is allowed to discuss on the forum but I'm interested in how you guys prepare your teams , and if you use a program (or youtube vid) which easily takes care of these things (and if it is legal to discuss on here) share them with us?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    IV and Nature can be easily bred for, find a breeding guide and youll see. I use PKHex to plan my breeding projects for EV/IV and nature etc to work out my stats then breed them and super train and level. With Blissey bases levelling is quick and super training and buying Irons/Calciums etc with the pots of cash we have is quick too.

JustDutch101

JustDutch101
    Years
    IV and Nature can be easily bred for, find a breeding guide and youll see. I use PKHex to plan my breeding projects for EV/IV and nature etc to work out my stats then breed them and super train and level. With Blissey bases levelling is quick and super training and buying Irons/Calciums etc with the pots of cash we have is quick too.

Does PKHeX still work? I tried it but it my webbrowser didn''t crash anymore /:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    For those of us who are either far too lazy to breed and train our 'mons to perfection, we use battling simulators, such as Pokemon Showdown!. It's far easier to build AND test your teams thanks to the immediate availability of other people. Some people even use Showdown! as a place to test their team before they bother with the whole breeding and training shenanigans.

If you're interested to learn about competitive battling, we have a compilation of very useful links right here: clicky. You should check that out! 8)

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Welcome to BTB, JustDutch101!

Nugget Bridge has some excellent guides on IV Breeding and EV Training (Hyperlinked). Simply catching a Pokemon in game will typically give you randomized IV's, unless they are legendary, in which case they will have 3 or more perfect IV's in a random configuration, or unless they you hunt them with your DexNav and they have any stars in the Potential meter, which indicates a perfect IV.

Bear in mind that the breeding process is long, but in the end, it pays off in dividends.

Also, be sure to check out the Trade Corner here if you are having difficulty making something particular. Cakesu's trade shop is one of the greatest threads in this forum and well worth a visit.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    For those of us who are either far too lazy to breed and train our 'mons to perfection, we use battling simulators, such as Pokemon Showdown!. It's far easier to build AND test your teams thanks to the immediate availability of other people. Some people even use Showdown! as a place to test their team before they bother with the whole breeding and training shenanigans.

If you're interested to learn about competitive battling, we have a compilation of very useful links right here: clicky. You should check that out! 8)

if you use the exclamation point in when spelling out showdown again, i humbly request that you resign your post as forum moderator and promptly light yourself on fire. you barbarian. how can you live with yourself? fjghdsfiughnjdslfngjldkfmnglslkdjsjkfg

anyway, as has been stated, ivs/evs are easy to manipulate with exact precision without cheating. actually knowing how to make ev spreads is actually a skill. you need a good sense of the metagame (ie important speed benchmarks, relevant offensive pokemon whose hits needs to be transferred from 2hkos to 3hkos etc, avoiding bad rounding situations with hp, etc.) and also some decent numerical intuition. custom ev spreads can make good teams just a little bit better!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Does PKHeX still work? I tried it but it my webbrowser didn''t crash anymore /:
    Did you per chance update your 3DS? That bug got corrected in one of the updates, so pkhex doesn't work anymore.

I prefer using a simulator, because teambuilding itself takes forever (at least for me, anyway). I really don't want to bother breeding or soft reseting, because it just takes even more of my time away.

Back