• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you think humans will evolve in the future?

Assassination

I am hired to kill you
Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    The theory of evolution is just an unproven 'theory'. No evidence whatsoever were found to support it and yet many people believe in it. We can't say for sure if we have evolved or are going to evolve based on a person with a certain philosophy. If his theory is indeed true and proof is supported, then I don't see why won't we evolve, though I highly doubt anything will be considered reliable to 'aid' Darwin's theory.

In my opinion, nothing have evolved in humans and probably nothing will. This evolution phase every one is talking about is called 'adaptation'. Though if we did evolve, some things would be nice to have and necessary. That's just me, though.

Assassination

I am hired to kill you
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    Awww, had a nice laugh? No need for making fun, kid. It's a scientific theory like you say, so I was wrong. But even though it's backed up by facts, none of it was proven true. I mean, where we really monkeys? That fraud introduces multiple biological facts that we were and yet, REAL scientists do not agree. A random example..

And next time, try commenting on other people's posts in a nice manner.

Years
  • If we do, we'll probably live longer or shorter. I think it's because the bigger our brains gets, the more nutrients we need to sustain it, and so if we live longer good. Shorter, not so good.

Another thing will be maybe getting more adaptable to water, not grow gills but our already webbed hands get webbed more webbed, or we can see better in water. That's pretty much it, we've kind of done all that stuff. We have whiskers, small ones, we have lungs, we have eyes, etc. We're pretty much done as far as I can tell.

Assassination

I am hired to kill you
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    Aha.

He is a fraud that collects small bits of biological facts, by whoever, and use them or stuffs them as said evidence to support his findings, which are most of the time a load of crap. And yes, those 87 or 32 % who do not believe the scientists may follow what religion says, and which I do too. You seem like a Darwinist or someone who believes in his "scientific theory", and I couldn't care less, but I am just stating my opinion. Agree, disagree, that's up to you.

I don't read much about him and I don't care what he says, so I will probably rest my case now.

Cheers.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • I don't believe in evolution. Actually, people long ago were incredibly gifted people, and comparing us to them, we "Deevolved" (But we didn't really). Even if we adapt ourselves, we won't evolve so we can fly, we won't turn gray, OR turn into Lemons (Lemonade!)

You're right, Lemonade, we are and always will be what God created us. Besides, it is true that humans these days need more brains. We also need a larger attention span :P [/Opinion]

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Evolution dose not exist, its all straw arm arguments, and week evidence. That aside I will humor you and say I would love some gills. :3

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I have heard that we are going to evolve so that we only have four toes because our little toes are not needed to support us now that we have shoes! I hope we do not lose our little toes because I like them but you cannot stop evolution! Already we are losing them according to scientists.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I have heard that we are going to evolve so that we only have four toes because our little toes are not needed to support us now that we have shoes! I hope we do not lose our little toes because I like them but you cannot stop evolution! Already we are losing them according to scientists.

No, the reason we won't have pinky toes is because we don't need them. Records of human bones throughout the past 100,000 years have show that the pinky toe is became gradually smaller because we don't use it. It is not needed to stand or walk. Shoes have nothing to do with it.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    But if that happens we won't be able to play This Little Piggy we won't have enough toes!

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • ...Seriously, humans did evolve. I may be religious, but I'm not going to deny it.

We've grown smaller, but in exchange we're much smarter, er maybe not...

Actually, we've grown bigger! We're gettin' bigger and hairier. Oh, and brown eyes and dark hair will rule the world someday (they're both dominant genes, while blue eyes and blond hair are recessive... basic genetics).

Anyway, I read earlier someone saying we've stopped evolving. I don't buy that too much. Theoretically, a species will only stop evolving if they've become "perfect", so to say, or mastered their environment. Crocodiles and sharks, for example, have hardly evolved because within their respective field, they are perfectly efficient, so they have no need to evolve and no genetic mutation will serve them in the "survival of the fittest". I don't believe we're quite there yet... in fact, I think we're a long way off from that.

Watch Wall-E. I think that's what we'll be like in the distant future. :P

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Bigger heads, less muscles, weaker bones, bigger eyes, significantry less pigment in the skin, and possibly a lung filtre to keep dirty things away.
    But not in near future. About a million years.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Evolution dose not exist, its all straw arm arguments, and week evidence. That aside I will humor you and say I would love some gills. :3

Thanks for supplying me with my daily dosage of blatant ignorance for the day. Do you have ANY idea of what evolution is? Here, educate yourself on why humans don't need gills.

...Seriously, humans did evolve. I may be religious, but I'm not going to deny it.

We've grown smaller, but in exchange we're much smarter, er maybe not...

You can put your faith in evolution and religion simultaneously - why does nobody understand that?

pikachux2

Never Evolve
    Years
  • humans did evolve and will in the future,
    evolutuion is happening already, were getting smaller as i type.
    i think we; in the future, will be able to hold are breathe longer, lose are tail bone and are pinky toe will get smaller, o and we will get much smarter :)

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years

• You can put your faith in evolution and religion simultaneously - why does nobody understand that?

Evolution isn't a matter of faith, it's a matter of fact, and you simply can't accept it alongside religion. Not if you live by the technical side of either, at least. Evolution puts forth that there cannot be intelligence behind our design.

On topic though, I suppose the useless things like tonsils and the appendix will have to disappear.

Also, gills.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Until we fall prey to some huge disaster (ala Nuclear Winter), I don't think we will evolve.
    As nice as it would be to evolve whiskers to avoid bumping into people, we won't. Not least because bumping into people isn't fatal, but mainly because we, as a species, have stagnated. Through the invention of clothing, medicine and the fact we do not choose our mates according to strength or intelligence or any other beneficial factor. Now I'm not saying medicine is bad, however, because it stops people dying from things like diseases and environmental factors.

EDIT: On a less serious note, it'd be cool to have a tail again (that makes it sound more like I once had a tail than intended XD). Imagine being able to hang from lamp posts and trees and stuff by your lovely curly tail. Plus it wouldn't be impossible seeing as some people are born with vestigial tails, we'd just have to make sure they get their fair share of "rumpy pumpy" and try to match them up.

Last edited:

Commander-Charon

Pastafarian
    Years
  • Evolve? Nah, I do not think that will happen. I mean we were and will be always the same being God or whatever created us, unless you believe Darwin's theories.
    :(

I had a scientific american discussing human evolution but i lost it and now i cant remeber what the articles said. Personaly, i belive we will begin losing our ability to store massive amounts of fat, as this is a usless abilty now. Those who are obese will be natrually selected by heart attacks as not fit to reproduce.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Consider: Larger brain does not equal smarter.

Consider: The reason why the appendix / pinky toes are "useless" is because we've evolved out of their use. Fact is, it's hardwired into our biological make-up already, so we're going to have them regardless. There's... Not going to be a widespread gene that tells our body to stop making the pinky toes or anything. Having large pinky toes is not directly detrimental in any sense, so therefore there will be no progression to individuals having smaller pinky toes.

Consider: You CAN have faith in religion and evolution at the same time (that is, unless you interpret the Bible literally, which is an outlandish proposition in and of itself, giving rise to a hypocritical argument against Evolutionary Theory). I... Don't really want to get into this. Evolutionary Theory does not refute Intelligent Design at all; "random" changes in species' gene pools could have been spurred by a sentient being. Wait one second before you troll me -- I said /could have/.

Thanks for supplying me with my daily dosage of blatant ignorance for the day. Do you have ANY idea of what evolution is? Here, educate yourself on why humans don't need gills.

You can put your faith in evolution and religion simultaneously - why does nobody understand that?

QFT

:(

I had a scientific american discussing human evolution but i lost it and now i cant remeber what the articles said. Personaly, i belive we will begin losing our ability to store massive amounts of fat, as this is a usless abilty now. Those who are obese will be natrually selected by heart attacks as not fit to reproduce.

I lol'd at "naturally selected." One flaw I'd like to point out: even skinny people have the ability to store fat. EVERYONE has the ability to store fat. If someone didn't have that trait, then they'd die as infants anyway, so they couldn't pass on their genes. Also, where would the excess fat go? Gross. What about basic adipose tissue mechanisms?

Back