• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you welcome 2009?

How do you welcome 2009?

• Loud and seriously annoying fireworks.

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Mini-pyrotechnics*

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Trumpets or anything softer than fireworks.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Others (please specify in post.)

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Every year I watch the New Years Eve Sydney Harbour Bridge Fireworks.
    They are brilliant, so much effort goes into them, that they have started planiing 2010's fireworks already. They are so huge and pretty.
    So yeah. That's how I spend it, watching the Fireworks =D

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Well, I waited for midnight then I went out with my fireworks and started annoying the neighbors, lol (They were out there to blowing up things), I would have blown up more fireworks but I was out of matches, so I have a lot of unused fireworks that I'll blow up over the next days.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Normally the pattern would be for me to get together with some friends, go hit up some random party at someone I've never even met before's house, get really, really hammered, do something stupid that I usually would regret by the morning, go home, go to bed, and wake up with a massive hangover the next morning :'D

This year's a bit different, though. My parents, erm...kicked me out to go live with my relatives down in FL, and since I know absolutely none of the people here, this year will be spent watching the ball drop on TV with my elderly grandparents. Oh, joy!

...Life sucks T_T

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I celebrate with my family in my living room.. And watch the fireworks on TV. We eat a lot of snacks and go yayyyy. I was supposed to toast, but I didn't. 8D;

I used to shoot off fireworks in my front yard, or go downtown to see them closeup, but I grew out of it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    We sit home and eat snacks and watch the Times Square celebration :P

Also, every year we rent a movie.

This year was no different, except the fact that instead of going to a video store, we used On Demand :P

~Mooshykris

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I had a change this year than the same old going round my nans house with the rest of the family. I was so glad I didn't have to do that as I hate it. It always feels uncomfortable so this year I went to a friends house where we stayed playing call of duty till midnight, then we watched the fireworks on TV before going into town till 6am. Was a great night but very tiring.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What Claire Bennet and SethCullen said XD

I want to spend a new years eve with friends, lots of people and lots of happiness. I got to do just that~ AND with my family. 2009 totally started out in the best of ways~

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I spent mine passed out, you'd have to ask someone else what happened that night. xD

cieux

banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2011
    i spent it alone at home with a seriously annoying cough. fun.

ah, typical me.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    My family goes to church every New Years Eve, which I hate because no New Yorker should ever miss the balldrop. Then when we get home, which is always after midnight, and drink what we can find, even if it contains alcohol. Getting drunk is even better when you do it with mom and dad.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I downloaded a new song! I wanted to see if there was an artist that could catch my attention like Lady GaGa did. I was disappointed...
    It just goes to show Lady GaGa is the best singer ever! (Until some other one-hit wonder comes along...)

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I spent mine mainly around watching TV because IIRC comp was messed up. ;.;

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Nothing, really. Sitting at home, half asleep, watching the ball drop is good enough for me. XD

Back