• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast are your speeds?

Years
  • Ah, the amazing question that pops up in here every once in a while! How fast is your internet?

Go on over to https://speedtest.net and share your result(s) with us! :)

Meanwhile at school...
    How fast are your speeds?

Years
  • Lol I'm the only one who have 2mbps here lol. And I pay 140 ringgit for that speed.
    That's actually inexpensive for internet service. Many of us pay anywhere from $50/month (~211 Malaysian ringgit) to $100/month (~421 Malaysian ringgit) to get the speeds we have.

Years
  • How fast are your speeds?

Spoiler:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

New Zealand internet is gr8... not really. This isn't the worst though, but not the best either.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years

Ladies and gentleman, Exede satellite broadband. This is the price you pay if you live in the beautiful state of Alabama in a middle-of-nowhere county. Hopefully when I graduate college and get my Computer Science degree I will get a job over at Huntsville. We are getting Google Fiber over there soon!

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • I know your pain. I spent almost five years in the 400+ ping range. Good luck on getting out of there.

Not only that, but I get a "solid" 15 gigabytes to spread out and use over the period of one month. Go over early? Too bad. You are slapped with the fair access policy for the rest of the month (fapped as they like to call it {XD} ) and your download speeds are then at 300-400kbs. To download large files and Steam games, I have to literally wait until midnight and download during the free period which lasts a measly 5 hours. I was downloading a 20GB game last month after the steam sale, and steam didn't automatically pause it at 5am like I set it to, and by the time I woke up (which was at 9am) we'd been "fapped". No internet for the entire month of January. It was horrible since it happened at the start of the month.

Back