• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How important is it for you to be liked by others?

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i can't stand the thought of anyone disliking or disapproving of me, so i make an effort to always be presentable. because of that, i have a lot of trouble 'letting loose', though. it's part of why i dislike big groups and parties, because there's always someone i feel i need to impress. i can't help it, it's completely embedded in my being. whenever someone says they don't care what people say i'm just baffled because in my head it matters. the world isn't fair so i feel i need to be on everyone's good side as much as possible just to make sure i don't get screwed over.

that being said, it's different for people i don't like. there aren't a lot, but if i dislike someone, i instantly stop caring what they think of me as well.
    edit: i also just remembered it's not so bad for people who i know i'll never see again or who i know won't remember me next time i do.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I would prefer that people like me, but if you've proven that you're just going to dislike me for no real reason, then I won't care. However, besides those people, I do care what other people think. I have a nasty habit of dominating conversations whenever they're about something I'm interested in, and that's turned some people away. I've been working to fix it, and have gotten a lot better, but it still bugs me whenever I can feel myself doing it.

Bay

Years
    I tend to seek approval all the time as the thought of others disliking me often alarms me. That makes me think if something's wrong with me, especially when someone I used to be friends with don't care about me anymore. I do try to focus my attention more to my friends instead of others that aren't worth trying to impress, though.

Years
    I live to be liked. I always try to be nice to everyone I meet even if they're just the most rude or obnoxious people ever. Most of the time it's because of that that they're nice to me in return even if that's not who they are. Although because of the fact that it's drilled in my brain to be Mr. Perfect all the time with everyone I'm not really interesting or funny since I'd go against who I am to be like rude to someone to make a joke. Because of this, I'm usually quiet and left out. I guess in that way I'm not too liked. :(

Back