• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How long did it take you to beat the Main Story?

How long does it take you to beat B/W?

• 50+ hours

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • 40-50 hours

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • 30-40 hours

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • 20 hours or less

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Haven't played them/Haven't beaten them

Votes: 18 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • I would say about 4 Days, I just defeated Ghetis last night so yeah ~ ;'3

I still need to go back and defeat the better E4.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • Took me more or less 21-22 hours. Though I still am grinding like crazy to match the Post National Dex Elite 4.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It took me almost exactly a month to beat the game in Japanese. @_@ I'm going a fair bit faster this time, haha. I'm heading up to gym 7 and I've only had the game since Sunday afternoon. :p

...and that's fast for me. u_u;

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    As of right now I'm on the verge of the 57 hour mark and I'm at the very start of Victory Road.
    I wanted to take it slow and while that kinda worked, it's still only a week tomorrow since it arrived.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Typically it takes me about 5 or 6 months to play through a game because I seriously like to take my time. But... I've just gotten gym badge number 7 and it's only been about 5 days. Which is record speed for me. I think I'll probably be done before the week is over, maybe just a little bit after.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I just beat the first gym. I still gotta while, and I play through the games slowly and take time to train and get good natures + IVs. Gonna make this game last as long as I can.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm onto my 35th hour and am at Route 13. Mind that my team is 10 levels under all the other trainers mind.

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
  • 6hrs in 3rd Badge at this rate it is gonna be awhile but i am not in any rush Global link wont be up till then end of the month and i always find myself wanting to do the story after it is done anyways no need to rush through it

Katja

Years
  • I've been taking my time with the game and been too busy. Haven't even gotten to the second badge really...

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
  • It took me around 18 hours over the course of 3 days to beat Ghetsis and all that stuff, only just beat the Elite Four properly though (36 hours over 6 days). Spent most of it trying to get my Deino to evolve -_-

Cleared the entire thing in like 2 days on my Japanese version though, have no idea why that is but whatever.

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I told myself I was going to take my time, didn't happen. I got the game on the 7th, beat Ghetsis on the morning of the 9th. I only had about 14 hours of gameplay then. Now, I'm about up to 18 hours of gameplay and have caught all the legendaries minus Tornadus and Landorus, and he event legendaries (Keldeo, etc.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    I tend to take my time and catch every Pokemon from each area. So it usually takes me quite a white but so far I've only played 26 hours and I'm only at the 4th gym. lol.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    im at 35 hours now, i have been catching all the pokemon so far, but and my pokemon are WAAAAAAAAAAY underleveled.

Back