• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How long did it take you to beat the Main Story?

How long does it take you to beat B/W?

• 50+ hours

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • 40-50 hours

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • 30-40 hours

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • 20 hours or less

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Haven't played them/Haven't beaten them

Votes: 18 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2014
    It took me me five days to beat the main game. About twenty-four and a half hours because I remember looking at the time afterward and I was like wow! I spent a whole day playing this in total.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • Just under a day of game time. Well actually probably closer to 20 hours, since I beat it Saturday, and that is my current time. It was good, and most of that was time spent grinding for the fourth gym and her freaking Emolgas. Then I found the way to bring up event pokemon, and I used a lvl 50 Celebi to own her, until it almost died from not listening to me.

This was beating N/Ghestis BTW. Have yet to do much else, save for getting Kyurem.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I was probably below 30 hours when I beat the Elite 4 for the first time, (BUT THERE IS NO OPTION FOR 21-29 hours!!! DB) but I was at 33 hours when I beat it the second time, after finding the sages and beating Cynthia. So yeah, going with that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2012
    wow u guys r fast, man I'm 10 hours into the game and I'm still just at gym 3. :(

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    about 10 hours, battling Geechisu now
    my team is roughly level 65+

ahh...good times, good times

Years
  • Sadly I played really fast...didn't even mean to! I just stayed up every night til 4 am since March 6th playing. Yes I have no life and I'm fine with that. I am just annoyed at myself for beating the main story in about a week, and clocking a lot of hours cuz I went through and talked to everyone and even did some musicals for fun. Boyfriend is now preparing for first E4, and he doesn't have as many hours as I did at that point but is higher leveled than I was lol. I used to many max repels?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well I haven't even beat the main story yet. 6 badges and play time is at 45:02..

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I've been playing for 45+ hours, & I'm just battling the first of the Elite 4. x33

I've made sure I got the most out of the game, though -- Plus I've spent around half of my playing time on the GTS Negotiations.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • My playthrough was intentionally very slow, trying to absorb absolutely everything the game has to offer. I just finished the main story at 44 hours 33min

BringYourOwnKites

Seriously. These are mine.
    Years
  • It took me about 25 hours... then again it really only took me around 21 since I have the tendency to leave my DS on even when I'm not playing it.

Back